~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Welcome Mindy !!

I am Chrystal 35 in a couple days ....... I am a SAHM/Farm wife.

Yes this weight loss has been kicking me in the butt !! I lose 10lbs but just can't keep it off.

Thank You tasha_mae

April 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there!

Lol... I had the new panini breakfast sandwich... sooo not my thing. I've actually never been impressed with Tim's breakfast sandwiches... I could eat 6 chicken salad sandwiches on brown though!!!

I have had so much to do the past 3 days and did none of it! 2 days ago I put my clothes in a basket, yesterday I moved the basket to the top of my stairs.... today I need to carry it down, wash, dry and put away.. AND go get my criminal record check, mail a million +2 thank you cards, send off my child abuse registry check, go to the states and uy some groceries, and start a list for our mini trip (we leave on Sunday)

I thought pregnant women were supposed to be motivated to do domestic crap about this time... Hello nesting, any time you're ready to show up, I'd be happy to have you!

In other news "our" first ddc baby was born last night!!!! Totally freaking out! It'll be years before I'm ready to have this baby!

April 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear you Chrystal, I find maintaining a weight loss much more difficult than losing it! It will definitely be a life long battle for me. I've always been big, even as a child.

crunchywannabe, I think nesting doesn't happen to everyone! Sometimes it just really hard to get motivated. Wow it must be a reality check that the first babe of your ddc was born Best of luck!

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
April 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
welcome mindy!!

im doing ok with my first healthy eating week, i cant wait for it to warm up and melt so we can go on walks and be more active with the kids

April 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome Mindy!

Heading out to the grocery store soon, and to the bank.
April 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome Mindy! I was just going to start a thread and call you out haha.

I was always one of the thin ones, until after university. Then I started eating out a lot and working lots at a desk job (instead of Timmies and serving ie not running around all day!). One day I want to be back down, but since we want our kids relatively close together, I don't think it will happen till after.

Yay for sleep! Second day in a row, and I feel SO much better already! I really hope he can keep it up!

Kalynn...I never nested. There's things on my to do list that I was waiting for the nesting kick to start that are STILL waiting to be done! How exciting the first one was born! I hope he/she has a minimal if any stay in the NICU.
MindyRambo likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like a healthy 6lb little guy!!!

I just can't believe it... I'm in FULL panic mode! If I don't nest, how will I ever clean out behind my stove????

I'm not ready, I'm not ready!

April 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Mindy!

I finally got Rogers to come fix our cable, DH and DS are both having afternoon naps, the sun is shining, I got the phone call for the next referral for DD1 and my migraine has gone away.

Wouldn't be a bad day if DS hadn't thrown up in his car seat while we were out this morning. Seriously nothing worse than trying to clean puke off of car seat straps, while also trying to calm a sick and upset baby. Now it's all in pieces and I can't figure out how to get it back together and I can't find the book.

April 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I nested hardcore with Hannah, but not really with my other children.

Cleaning puke off of car seats is the worst thing ever, but I'm glad your migraine went away!

Hooray for sleep, Jess!

Hannah has a cold (or it could be from teething) so she didn't sleep great last night. I ended up working at home today because DH had a meeting that he couldn't reschedule and he didn't tell me until yesterday so we couldn't find a sitter But, it's been a good day!
April 4th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Kalynn you will be fine..just make sure you have the basics diapers !! After Cohen was born we stopped at walmart to get diapers

Getting ready to head to the rink for my 2 hours sitting time, ok DD#1 skates but total boring for me. Sometimes I read or walk laps around the rink depends on who comes with me.

Thank You tasha_mae

April 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
that feeling of panic is normal, i nested hard core the last month with all my kids

April 4th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I just gagged a little about the vomit in the carseat

Kalynn...get your DH to do it instead! LOL Or write out a list so you can cross things off as you go (unless that stresses you out). And if it doesn't get done, its not the end of the world.

Ugh, DH had a dr appt this morning so went into work at 10, and is now not going to be done till midnight. Frustrating.

Jess
April 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
wow thats a late night! what does your DH do?

Finn finally fell asleep so i can cook, im starving, its not cooking fast enough! I hope he stays asleep for a decent chunk of time

April 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Wow, that's a long day, Jess!

One kid down, two to go (my oldest is visiting her grandparents), Hannah is almost ready for bed, then I'll leave the night owl (Sophia) up with Daddy.
April 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Welcome, Mindy.

Yuck, about cleaning the puke off the straps, Cindy.

Today was great - we walked to the plaza and went to Shopper's and then did some grocery shopping at No Frills. Putting groceries in the stroller isn't that awesome.

Then we went to Rich's MIL's empty house and I was able to use the treadmill. Theo watched some Treehouse and seemed to really like the Backyardigans. Now, he is being super annoying and grabbing the laptop so I have to stop.
April 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Wow, missed it first time around - happy early birthday Chrystal!!!! What day exactly? And doing anything special?

DH is a truck driver, he does mostly "local" (ie within about 6 hours haha), but he's working in the shop today since he got in late. Being on mat leave, he's taking extra hours where he can get them so he volunteered. And since he wasn't driving, he doesn't have a limit on his hours today, and he won't drive tomorrow either. Which is fine, sometimes he needs a break!

Thursday is a good TV night though, new Big Bang Theory (awesome), Greys is next, and if I still want to stay up, I'll watch Big Brother, or save that for tomorrow!

Jess
April 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Trim is all done, painting is mostly done and we're ready to list. DH is getting in a hour nap before heading into work for his first real shift. Kids are all in bed.

Tomorrow I have to wash windows and figure out how to get this car seat back together since it's still sitting in pieces.

Anyone want to sort socks? While cleaning out under beds and behind couches, not to mention other assorted places and the basket I've always kept to throw socks in, I now have a leaf bag full of mismatched socks. I know there has to be more than a few matches in there, I've just been avoiding sitting down and sorting them. I'm really tempted to throw the whole dang bag in the garbage and start over fresh.

I love Thursday night TV. I'm addicted to Person of Interest.

April 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I have to fold Cam's laundry still....I'm watching Greys though still

I think once its over I'm headed upstairs to curl up with a book

Jess
April 5th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Dh's birthday is on the 7th and mine is on the 11th. Not doning anything much, Dh leaves that day for a snowmobile trip for a week.

Freezing rain today, not nice !!!

Thank You tasha_mae

April 5th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Happy early birthday to you and your DH!

Worked this morning, now I need to scrub the floor. I need to do some homeschool planning today too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search