~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 07:50 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Welcome Mindy! I was just going to start a thread and call you out haha.
Ha ha, yeah after a few posts I realized people would be wondering who the heck I was
Jessimaaka likes this.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
April 5th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
Dh's birthday is on the 7th and mine is on the 11th. Not doning anything much, Dh leaves that day for a snowmobile trip for a week.

Freezing rain today, not nice !!!
Same here! Freaking winter just won't leave!

Seems fitting to me though, I hate April 5th, it's been 9 years ago today since my cousin passed away. He was 18, probably the only kid that age I knew who never even had a beer. He had one a full scholarship to play football for McGill University. He was jogging on lunchtime outside his high school. He just fell down and died. We still don't know exactly why. Autopsy showed nothing but a slightly enlarged heart. He had had surgery not a month before though and his heart wasn't enlarged then. Just a crappy day...

Hope you all have a much better day!

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
April 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Hi Mindy! Welcome! Sorry to hear about your cousin passing.

We are getting snow today. Supposed to have another 15 cms by Sunday. Boo! I was just getting used to the nicer weather.
April 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I survived my first night alone while DH worked, but just barely. Kids were all in bed by 9, I went to bed at 10:30, which was just after DH left but was having troubles sleeping alone. At 11:30 I was just feeling like I could actually sleep when I heard DS up, I rubbed his back and thought he went back to sleep so I went back to bed. My head didn't even hit the pillow when he started to scream, I went back to his room and picked him up that time, no sooner did I get him to my shoulder than he threw up all over both of us. I finally got him calmed down and both of us cleaned up and the carpet cleaned the best I could at that time of night and went back to bed again. Next thing I know DD1 is up coughing and starting to sound like a barking seal. She managed to wake up DD2 who yelled at DD1 to keep it quiet (like that was possible) and in all that commotion DS woke up again. It took until sometime after 1:30, I stopped looking at the clock, to get everyone calm and back to sleep. That only lasted until 4:30ish when DD2 came running to my room saying she had a bad dream, I got her back to bed by 5, but then I was awake. Someone please tell me tonight will be better, this momma needs more than 3 hours of sleep.

April 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios View Post
Hi Mindy! Welcome! Sorry to hear about your cousin passing.

We are getting snow today. Supposed to have another 15 cms by Sunday. Boo! I was just getting used to the nicer weather.
Boo, that totally sucks

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? We are only supposed get about 2cm of snow/freezing rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
I survived my first night alone while DH worked, but just barely. Kids were all in bed by 9, I went to bed at 10:30, which was just after DH left but was having troubles sleeping alone. At 11:30 I was just feeling like I could actually sleep when I heard DS up, I rubbed his back and thought he went back to sleep so I went back to bed. My head didn't even hit the pillow when he started to scream, I went back to his room and picked him up that time, no sooner did I get him to my shoulder than he threw up all over both of us. I finally got him calmed down and both of us cleaned up and the carpet cleaned the best I could at that time of night and went back to bed again. Next thing I know DD1 is up coughing and starting to sound like a barking seal. She managed to wake up DD2 who yelled at DD1 to keep it quiet (like that was possible) and in all that commotion DS woke up again. It took until sometime after 1:30, I stopped looking at the clock, to get everyone calm and back to sleep. That only lasted until 4:30ish when DD2 came running to my room saying she had a bad dream, I got her back to bed by 5, but then I was awake. Someone please tell me tonight will be better, this momma needs more than 3 hours of sleep.
Ouch that's a raw deal I really hope you get some sleep tonight. A momma can't survive very long on that little sleep. Sending you lots of peaceful slumber vibes!

April 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Burn on the snow! I think the worst of it gone here...fingers crossed at least!

Wow Caroline. That's like the worst night ever! Tonight WILL be better (there is no way it could possibly be worse!).

Cam was up 4 times between 10 and 1am last night. and every 90-120 min after. I'm tired too! One day I will get my sleep.
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
April 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
I live in central Alberta. We get a lot of snow!

Caroline - Oh no! That sounds horrible! Especially on your first night alone. Here's hoping everyone feels better tonight and you get some sleep
April 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Lets hope we both get some sleep tonight Jess. So far DS hasn't napped today either. I'm becoming very grumpy.

April 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Cam fought me on his first nap - 50 hysterical minutes for a 25 minute nap...somehow this doesn't seem fair! Then he fought be for about 10 minutes on his second nap, napped for half an hour and tried to wake up and I got him back down for another hour and a half. We'll see how bedtime goes tonight. Its bath night and he's easier to get down after a bath, I think it tires him out LOL.

And then I'M having a bath! Including a homemade hair mask with olive oil and a homemade face mask with honey. Its a pampering kind of night!

Save
Save
Save
April 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Enjoy it, Jess! And I hope that you and Caroline both get better sleep tonight!

We just finished up supper, and I need to get ready to go to the gym. I'm taking over the book work there and need to get it sorted out.
April 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Fun stuff Chantelle!

Cleaned my coffee machine this afternoon...OMG made the coffee taste SO much better! I need to do that more often! And figured out the coffee we were using expired Dec 2012...we use our Tassimo so much more since we only ever want a cup each.

Save
Save
Save
April 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I hope you all get a nice nights sleep tonight!

Im cooking my dinner now, i hope it works out, im making stuffed chicken breasts, ive never tried it from scratch before, hopefully everything stays inside

April 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mmm, I've never tried them from scratch but I've bought frozen ones before!

I am so relaxed right now, I could go to sleep at 8:45 on a Friday night

Save
Save
Save
April 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I discovered tonight that my MIL being over when I'm tired is not a good thing. I totally loose my filter on no sleep and that woman bugs me. I better get some sleep tonight because she says she's coming back tomorrow and if I get no sleep again then I better not be here when she gets here.

April 6th, 2013, 07:43 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Don't feel bad, Caroline, I don't have a filter even when I'm well-rested

Thinking of taking the oldest two and going into the city today, DH offered to keep the younger two here, and Alyssa needs a couple of things for her dance show and Rylan still has birthday money he wants to spend.
April 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
A am scared....the kids are bottle feeding a calf this morning Last year the kids took on 4 calfs to feed to sell for money(long story but they are still to small to sell). I am sure this one is going back to its mother though.

We have sleepovers everywhere this last week. a birthday party and 2 sleepovers today.

April 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Everyone sounds so busy!
Today I need to get my house back in order! We leave tomorrow until Wed. for a shopping trip in the US!!!! I can't wait because we are getting a good chunk of what's left for the baby, and then on top of that enough lumber for a second garden bed!!!

I am very very excited! But there is way too much to do today!!! Better get my butt off the computer....... ha likely story!

April 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i love US shopping! Have fun Kalynn!

April 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm just looking forward to getting away for a few nights! Plus picking up all the final baby items we need!!!

It's finally less stressful thinking about all the 'stuff' and getting it sorted out... My mom bought our carseat and is sending it out with my dad (who offered to watch our kitty while we're away) and I ordered our baby carrier and a few more diapers.... it's just so tempting when they are all on the same site!

April 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
MILs are wonderful creatures (sense a bit of sarcasm? lol)

Everyone is super busy! Yay for shopping!!!!

We went to the maple syrup festival, took a few pictures that I'll take off my camera later. We were there at about 7:20 and it was already super busy. And around 11, on the main road in there was a 5 car pileup apparently. We took the back way home though to avoid the worst of the traffic. My friend is coming over shortly and bringing me Starbucks and then I'll relax for the rest of the day Although I still have to do the 30 day shred...ugh.

Save
Save
Save

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search