~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can do it! Don't let Jillian beat you!

I'm getting so distracted! I'm actually just creating more work for myself! But these diapers are so stinking cute! Trying to sort them by size/type into bins!

April 6th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I love cloth diapers Kalynn !! I find them less work in the fact I don't have to drive to town to buy some I am washing some right now .

April 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I flip flop with cloth. We're in disposables again. Cam has a skinny waist and thunder thighs. We've had 2 blow outs total in disposables, vs either a blow out or leak every day when he's in cloth. I have mainly BGs. So we're taking a break again. But they are so stinkin cute! I wanna see a little fluffy butt running around this summer!
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
April 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm being careful not to get too many in any one brand until I see what fits bebe the best... We are starting out using mostly prefolds, I figure it's just like a pair of jeans... I may LOVE a certain brand of jeans because they fit me perfectly, but it would be silly for everyone to go out and get the exact same brand of jeans just because they fit me great.

A friend tried selling me her "birth to potty training" stash that were never used... her baby didn't fit them at all and because they were such an investment, she didn't want to try other brands. I'm just playing a wait and see game... but I have a few diapers already I can't wait to use them!

April 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I had a mix of fuzzibunz, monkey doodles, BGs, kissaluvs, bummis, and a couple others...I had prefolds but never used them. BGs have given us the smallest blowouts so I've kept those and sold the rest. I will try again soon...I love the look!

Conquered Jillian again - day 6 down...20% done! That's crazy! I hate doing it at night though. But the maple syrup festival this morning was worth it.

Save
Save
Save
April 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Keep at it, Jess.

It took us a lot of trial and error in the first few months to find a good diaper cover for Theo. We like the Sweet Pea and Kwai (I think that is the name) - Rumparooz are pretty good too.

Got a lot more beds turned over and prepped in the garden. I want to sow a ton of peas, carrots, onions and leeks tomorrow and some sweet peas.
April 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my fave cloth diapers are prefolds and covers, i also really like grovia all in ones, im not a fan of pockets at all, ive tried fuzzibunz, bgs, RaR's and a few others. I really like fitteds for night time, they hold a ton!

April 6th, 2013, 06:38 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Creature is a good term for my MIL. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get along with their creature.

Looks like I'm the only pampers girl on here. I tried out cloth with my first, but DH really wasn't on board, the daycare I sent her to refused to use them and despite my best intentions I gave up.

April 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Creature... I like that! Did I ever mention here, that my MIL came to my baby shower without a gift, and then while I was opening the present my mom brought made a HUGE deal about how she already had a grandson, and started showing photos of my nephew to the other guests!

She can do really nice things.. but sometimes I'd like to high five her in the face with a chair!

I'm excited to use cloth, DH is VERY supportive of saving a buck, but I'm hoping in practice he'll learn quickly how to use prefolds... They seem the most 'complicated' to me. Youtube has been my best friend!

April 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
We are in pampers. We tried huggies once and no way. But even if we do go back to cloth, I'll always use pampers overnight. Even double stuffing a pocket doesn't contain the amount he pees overnight. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't nurse so often at night.

Apparently, he has a sleep association with nursing. Most sleep associations are a condition that needs to be present as babies fall asleep, but some have to do the soothing routine to get them to fall asleep. So part of Cam's soothing routine is nursing. So when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he seems to think to fall back asleep he needs to nurse first (I can put him down awake so I thought I was in the clear!). So we are going to switch up his soothing routine a bit and instead of having nursing as the last step, have DH put him down. But we're going to do it slowly over at least a week.

I am so ready to sleep properly again. I had no idea in my wildest dreams that it would ever last this long.

Save
Save
Save
April 6th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Your MIL sounds like a piece of work too. Mine just asked me what I was doing to her, she was too young to be a grandma when I was expecting #2. I actually believe her exact words were "How dare you do this to me" umm, yeah because it's all about you. Never mind the fact that she already had 4 other grandkids! She also told me that I had better not go announcing that I was pregnant and take the spotlight away from my SIL. My SIL had her baby the day before I found out I was expecting, like my being pregnant could ever take the spotlight away from a sweet little new born.

April 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Oh burn Kalynn!!!! Why do people think things like that are ok?!?

On DH's side, we had a family bbq as the shower, so the males were there as well. DH's uncle and his GF showed up. The GF's daughter (not DH's cousin, from a previous relationship) was due the day after me. They did not bring the daughter, they did not bring a gift, and proceeded to tell everyone everything they bought the daughter, and what the other grandparents-to-be had bought and how she didn't need anything and that her shower was just for clothes and that's why she didn't register. I attended her shower. I brought a gift. And when I was there, the grandmother-to-be was telling me how they had thank you gifts on the table because then they didn't have to send thank you cards because it was too tedious to track who gave what. I'm all for being efficient, but it was just...I don't even know lol.

Edited to add: I honestly don't care that they didn't bring a gift, it was their behaviour...no gift was just the icing on the cake And when I gave out thank you cards, I didn't have one for them and I gave them all out at the same time at another family gathering...whoops!
crunchywannabe likes this.

Save
Save
Save

Last edited by Jessimaaka; April 6th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
April 6th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Good luck Jess. That can't be easy. I hope you get some sleep again soon.

April 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
All babies should be celebrated! Its not that one will be more so than another at any given time! Not a fan of people that make it "me, me, me".

My MIL was telling me about her bowel movements last weekend when we visited
crunchywannabe likes this.

Save
Save
Save
April 6th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I love the MIL stories !! My Mil is a worry wart so we have not seen them much this winter because of the roads

My fav diapers are kawaii's and bum-ware extreme. Love love BMX when they get bigger they are less bulky for under jeans and stuff.

April 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Lovely! I know how all three of her kids were conceived, but I haven't heard about bowel movements yet. Some things we just don't need to know!

April 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahaha Oh it feels so good not to be the only one with stories!

I wasn't concerned about the lack of gift either... it was the attitude, she also went on to tell my very good friend (who introduced Dh and me) that she was responsible for ruining her son's life.... the hardest part really, is that she isn't being malicious.... she thinks it's somehow funny... that by giving everyone a hard time and being rude, it's "including" them in her little circle... I kind of wish she was just horribly mean spirited, so that I could hate her, and not feel sorry for her.

I made my own thankyous.... they are obviously mirrored, but you can figure it out! There are 5 different colours of cards. They were simple, but I thought quite cute!

April 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Oh my! I thought it was bad enough when at our family shower when we were getting married each person was to write down one piece of advice for us, she wrote down "don't do it" and every time something doesn't go the way she thinks it should in our marriage she reminds us that she told us not to do it. I don't think she's told anyone I ruined her son's life yet though.

You know it's nice to know others who don't get along with their MILs. I'm getting tired of my IRL friends and their cutesy relationships with their inlaws. I think between the group of us, we could fill this whole thread with MIL horror stories and break our posting record!

Those thank yous are really cute by the way! I was never creative enough to make my own.

April 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Those thankyou's are adorable!

I must be crazy, but my MIL and I normally get along We don't always agree, but we can agree to disagree about most things lol.

Going to watch tv with DH and head to bed before too long I think, it was a long (but fun) day!
April 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do your husbands get along with your moms?
My mom and I are fairly close, actually I'd say we are extremely close, but DH and her don't always get along the best... they each do a good job of tolerating each other.

My mom helped me make the thankyous! I saw a few ideas on Etsy that I really liked and figured I could do them cheap and easy, and in the end I liked my results better!

Etsy is my go to, when I want to seem crafty, but would rather pay someone else to 'do it'!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search