~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I love my MIL, shes seriously awesome, it makes me sad to hear all these awful mil stories. My DH gets along well enough with my mom, my family and I arent very close, so we only see them like once a year

April 7th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I wish I got along better with her...she just has NO filter with anyone. And I'm a much more private person. And she's just a me me me person, and minimal empathy for others. She does try but things never quite work out how they should somehow. She's thinking of moving to our city and I'm dreading it. I mean, it will be nice for DH and Cam but she just rubs me the wrong way.

LOVE those thank you cards! Mine were just from Winners with a little note inside lol.

Remind me next week NOT to go grocery shopping early Sunday morning again. Again, they only had one lane open. It took like 20 minutes to check out. They finally opened a 2nd one when I was being rung through, and then by the time I was done, both lines had at least 7-8 people in, all with loaded carts. There's 18 lanes!!!! I remember in my one course in university, we had to use a computer program and model lining up somewhere and provide advice when to open another line or add another staff member (e.g. in a bank, grocery store, Tim Hortons, etc.)...and every model showed adding another staff member when lines got to 3-4 people resulted in minimal lost customers. I mean, its just a model, but this is like the 3rd time this has happened, so its not that they were short-staffed that day or something, they seriously need to look at their early morning staffing requirements and perhaps up them!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I woudln't have thought it would be that busy, but I guess stores usually put out fresh stock Late Sat/early sun..... The canadian town closest to us with a good grocery store everything is closed Sundays... EVERYTHING... it is an extremely conservative mennonite town... it's too bad because usually Sunday is our travel day back from Winnipeg, and it's nice to stop a little closer to home for food!

April 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
The grocery store in our little town is never really busy, but they're only open noon-5 on Sundays, we just don't have enough people here to make it busy lol.

My Mom and DH get along really great, so does DH and my Dad.
April 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I do groceries Sunday because its usually less busy than Saturday, and once I go back to work I won't be able to go during the day during the week so didn't want to get into the habit of it! I've been going super early because we're up, but I may go back to my old time - around 9:30 because most people go to Sunday morning mass.

I have all the windows open in the house, its about 15 degrees so its still chilly, and super windy, but it smells like spring! (not worms yet though lol) Amazing!

Oh and meant to go back to that, DH and my parents get along great. We hang out with them and drink with them (when I do drink), and such. We are also the same way with FIL. Its just MIL who's a bit off.

Jess
April 7th, 2013, 11:05 AM
i hate weekend shopping, if i have to go on a weekend, i go really early, like 7am

Its warm here, +12 but its rainy, yuk, atleast the snow is melting

i grew up in a town where pretty much everything was closed on sunday too, its still strange to me that everything is open here on sunday

April 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Its super windy here...we're heading to the park shortly though, its a warm wind.

I wish I didn't have to shop on weekends, maybe once I go back to work going at 9pm will work for me...we'll see!

There's only random small snowbanks left...Yay!!!!!

Jess
April 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Super Mommy
I wish I had the energy for cloth diapers they are beyond cute... Maybe when Sahara is a little older. I recently went through a pack of huggies that was given to me and that was enough blowouts for a few months! They do hold a lot of pee though.

The baby is getting snug in her 3 month outfits which makes me sad, she should not be in 6 month clothes at a month old it isnt fair! lol She is such a chunky baby

My boyfriends mother and I get along great, sure shes nuts but I love her I like most people though its just how I am. My only pet peeve with her is how often she asks us when we are getting married lol. I just tell her someday, and we do plan on getting married, just not yet. We will live in sin just a bit longer ahaha.
April 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
SNOW this is getting crazy, we did not get lots but enough to cover the ground again.

I usually shop during the day, less people I don't like going to town to begin with little lone deal with people.

April 7th, 2013, 02:42 PM
wow i cant believe Sahara is already outgrowing her 3 month stuff! I just moved Finn from newborn to 0-3, they are still a little big on him. Its great shes growing so well!! So hard to watch them get big so quickly though, i feel you on that one!

April 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Its interesting the sizing of clothes - I wish they all would put approximate lbs on them! Cam was in nb for about 3-4 weeks, and then 0-3 for about another 3-4 weeks before going into 3-6 months for about 10 weeks and then 6-9/6-12 months which he's outgrown half of them already! He's not quite 8 months. He was in the 85th percentile at his 6 month appointment though. I think just having lbs on it would help!

Cam sucked on strawberries after dinner tonight, he LOVED them. They are apparently considered a choking hazard because of the seeds? I was reading that somewhere, that's why I didn't just give it to him...but I don't quite understand how he could choke on them...he really enjoyed sucking on them! He got one sour one and made the most funny face!

Jess
April 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
my kids have had strawberries as babies, i think as long as you watch him its ok to give him a treat now and then

April 7th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
Thats too cute I can imagine his cute little face all scrunched up and sour looking aha.
Anastasia was allergic to strawberries when she was younger but by the way she gobbles them down now you would never guess.
April 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
My kids (including Hannah) all love strawberries! We've never had a problem with them

Getting ready to put the older two in bed, hopefully the younger two won't be far behind!
April 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I watch him like a hawk when he's eating...so I figured it was ok Glad to hear others have had them as well.

I'm ready to go to bed myself! Its 9 lol. I need sleep!!!!

Jess
April 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just finished working out not long ago, now we're watching Big Brother before we head to bed
April 7th, 2013, 07:49 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom isn't DHs favourite person, but he tolerates her and she does her best to not to do anything that will knowingly bug him.

A lot has changed in and near the little town where we're moving back to, the big change is the new grocery stores in the town next to us. So my mom took me shopping there this weekend to show me where they were, and how to get to them. We went Saturday afternoon, now in the city if I were to go shopping on a Saturday afternoon I'd have to be crazy. I'd never get a parking spot and lines would be crazy long. But I went anyways. We parked right near the doors, walked in, got all our groceries and were the second person in line at both stores! I knew I loved small town living for a reason!

Oh, our house is finally ready to list. Hopefully the agent has time to come over tomorrow and we can get this house on the market.

April 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Wow! That's crazy! I wish it was like that for grocery shopping here! That's awesome. 5 years ago I would have said you were nuts if I was excited about grocery shopping lol.

I have to watch last night's episode of big brother...I'm super sad Gary is gone

I just did 30DS after taking yesterday off, and shortly going for a walk since its supposed to rain this afternoon, and we have Cam's first swimming lessons!

Jess
April 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
That's what the grocery store is like here too!

It makes me sad too DH said he saw on a leak online that Gary may be coming back because of a Pandora's box, but he said leaks from that site have been wrong before, so I don't know.. As for now though, I'm cheering for Peter

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; April 8th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
April 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agent will be here in about 15min to get this place on the market.

I've been sick all day. DS has been sick all day. DH tried to get some sleep and is now running around trying to do last minute stuff to make the house look as clean and neat as possible. Please please please let this place sell fast, it's so empty it echoes and I don't like it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search