~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope it sells quickly!!

I'm so mad, my breastpump just died on me, and I've only had it for two months! Ugh!
April 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope its a quick sell!!!! I'm sure it will be after all the hard work you guys have put in.

Boo on the pump Chantelle - what kind is it? Many of them are really good about things like that and replacing things.

We had Cam's first swimming lessons this afternoon...it was super cute, and he didn't mind getting dunked! It was a good start!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, it's being listed. We've signed all the papers, lets get this place sold! Showings will start on Sunday.

Sorry to hear about your pump, that sucks. I hope you can get parts from the company, but that still means you're without one until then.

I'm glad Cam liked his swimming lessons.
Jessimaaka likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I bet that's a weight off your shoulders Caroline! Now for strangers tramping through your space...hope it sells quick!!!

Working on DH's resume with him...he's decided its time for a change...he's been at his company for 4 years and hasn't really progressed and they've recently made it clear there won't be any room for progression for a while. So here we go with interviews etc. So stressful!

Jess
April 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Ugg, I hate looking for a new job, interviews are so stressful. I hope he finds something he likes.

April 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Me too...he's worked at his current company for 4 years...and has complained for 3 of them!!! So really this is for the best.

We had a thunderstorm tonight! That's a sign for me that its officially spring!

Jess
April 8th, 2013, 07:01 PM
We had something out there tonight. It's been drizzling rain for most of the day, then just after I put the kids to bed it down poured. It was coming down so hard the poor girls didn't know what it was and came running downstairs scared.

April 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Boo on the pump Chantelle - what kind is it? Many of them are really good about things like that and replacing things.
The first years miPump, I had one with Sophia and loved it, and I worked full time so I had to pump a lot. It lasted me through a straight year of use (a few months with Sophia and the first few months with Hannah)- not bad for $60, so I bought another one of the same when it died, and it only lasted two months! Then I drove to the city tonight and planned to buy a different kind, but ended up having to buy the same because it was the only one they had in stock and I can't go without it while I wait for replacement parts because of work *sigh*

I hope your DH finds a job he likes quickly!
April 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I wonder if they will send you some kind of rebate if you still call.

I hope soon too!

Today was a meh day. Its POURING now. And we have a winter storm watch in effect. Awesomesauce.

Jess
April 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Good luck with the house sale, Caroline.

Jess, my DH has been complaining about his job incessantly as well. They do run their workers into the ground though. There was a little shake up today and supposedly they will be working only 40-hour weeks instead of the 50-55 which is the norm right now.

I have been doing a lot of planting the past few days to take advantage of the rain (and snow) that is coming in the next few days. I did 4 beds of carrots, 2 of peas, a bunch of sweet peas, and a nursery bed of lettuce, leeks and onions.

I have been able to pull up two bunches of edible carrots that were left over the winter because it was too hectic to finish all the end-of-the-year clean up with Theo as a newborn.
Countrymom4 likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 07:33 PM
You've been busy!!

My DH really wants a job change too, but it's really hard in our town, there aren't many options and even less that pay what he makes now
April 10th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I'm so sick! The flu has been going our area and I've got it. Most people said they felt better after a day or two but I'm going into day 3. I had a migraine yesterday to go with it because I haven't been able to eat. It's possible I would have been feeling better sooner if I'd just been able to rest, but with DS to look after and the yard work the realtor wanted done I've been pushing through instead of sleeping.

April 10th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Caroline, you need to take care of yourself first! I hope this is the end of it for you

We had a TERRIBLE night. Cam is SO congested, and the drool is pouring out of his mouth...I'm guessing its not long before a tooth is going to make an appearance. I was hoping we'd go longer, but I guess I'll take 8 months. Maybe then he will sleep better!!!! I can't attribute all his horrible sleep to teething though since he's never slept well.

Winter storm watch in effect still. DH is a bit annoyed because he put stuff on the grass this weekend lol.

Jess
April 10th, 2013, 05:37 AM
I hope you're feeling better soon, Caroline! Try and get some rest! (Although I know that's easier said than done!)

I hope Cam gets some relief soon, Jess!

Tired this morning, and so much to get done!
April 10th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Finn slept like garbage last night, holy man am i tired now! I had my first ever hard boiled egg for breakfast this AM, it wasnt too shabby

April 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Yum! Love hardboiled eggs!!!!

Off to the mall! Its yucky outside so we're going to wander with my sisters lol.

Jess
April 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Plant !!! We will be lucky if we get to plant middle of May. My garden has a huge snow pile still.

Dh leaves tomorrow for a week, he is going snowmobiling in the mountains so single mama here it should not be to crazy.

Thank You tasha_mae

April 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Super Mommy

Seen this earlier and it made me laugh, then cry a little lol
Jessimaaka likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh man that pic is awesome!

April 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
No snow left here. However 80mm of rain between yesterday and today and more expected tomorrow has everything flooded. Roads are closed it's getting so bad and lots of people who normally have dry basements now have wet ones. I have no idea how long it will take my gardens to dry up after this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search