~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
its been raining here the last 2 days, its gotten rid of pretty much all the left over snow, just in time for the 10-15cm we are expecting to get tomorrow - this is garbage LOL
magz88 likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Tons of rain the past two days....the Weather Network says 5cm of ice pellets tomorrow morning. Lovely. And another 15mm of rain in the afternoon. So no snow thank goodness!

Not sure if I'm going to Babytime at the library tomorrow morning....we'll see!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My entire lawn is a giant mud puddle! My street is a river. This is too much rain!

On a positive note, there is a sign on my lawn and a lock box on my door. Selling seems so much more real now.

April 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Eee! How exciting!!! I bet it sells fast

There's a flood warning in effect....they showed the river in Elora (no idea what its called lol) and its already above the banks.

Jess
April 10th, 2013, 05:05 PM
thats so exciting Caroline! im sure it will sell quickly

we have a winter storm warning... lovely - I hope they are wrong and we just get rain instead

April 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
We're under a winter storm warning as well, but its freezing rain rather than snow they're calling for. And it thundered earlier. So random!

So I'm descaling my Tassimo...it says its supposed to take 20 minutes...and its still going at 45....not sure if I should be concerned yet...

Jess
April 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Hmm, I've never descaled mine. I run the cleaning disk through it but that's it. How do you descale it?

April 10th, 2013, 08:18 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Yeah, it is pretty hard to plant when there is still snow on the ground!

I finished my last assignment today and now I just have the exams next week and I am done the certificate. Yay.

I am so tired.
April 11th, 2013, 04:38 AM
To descale it, put the cleaning disk in and hold the button for 5 seconds, it runs a longer cycle than just pressing the button, and when its done, you press the button normally for a few times. You can use a descaling solution, but I have none so I just used water. I finally dumped most of the water in the tank out, and it ended.

And now...it doesn't work. I am going to try again this afternoon and if not, I'll have to call Bosch. Super frustrating as this is our 2nd Tassimo.

Yay for being done your certificate Maggie!

All the schools around here are closed, not just buses cancelled but schools actually closed...I think that's an indication I shouldn't go to the library, but the freezing rain isn't supposed to start till lunch time now, and Babytime is 9:45-10:15. I don't even know if they'd be running it if the schools are closed...I keep getting a busy signal when I call.

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 05:36 AM
If yours doesn't work after doing it then I'm scared to do it to mine! I've never done it before and it works just fine, maybe I'll leave it that way.

Congratulations Maggie! I hope exams go well.

April 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
That's awesome, Maggie! Good luck with exams!
April 11th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm back from our mini vacay!!! I'm incredibly sore and tired, but I had a great time... Didn't find a few of the items I really was counting on (diaper bag, and crib mattress) but spent our allowable limits for bringing stuff back tax free anyways!

Off to the midwife this afternoon... Hope everyone had a great couple days!

April 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hopefully you find the last few things soon! Yay for using up to your limits though!!!! Enjoy your appointment

So we went to Babytime at the library, its still only raining, but half the people didn't show up. It was nice to have a smaller group though today.

Then after, I decided to try the Tassimo again...it still wasn't working. So I have that attachment thingy to make sure the puck doesn't burst? WELL, I went to take that off to clean it and it FLEW out. Thank goodness the water wasn't flowing through it properly otherwise I could have been seriously hurt since it puffed and hissed...if hot liquid had been in there...don't even know what to think since Cam was on the floor. I guess just make sure you take that piece out and clean it before trying to use it again? I think that would have fixed it. But it works again so I'll take it!!!!

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 09:42 AM
That's so weird! I do take that little attachment off to clean it when I clean my Tassimo. It's really a pain in the tush there are many days I wish I had just left it the way it was and didn't send in for the new attachment.

They had samples of that iiogo greek yogurt at Costco today, so I tried it for the first time. It's actually really good, not totally sure it's worth the extra money, but I bought some anyways.

Glad your shopping trip went well, good luck at your appointment today.

April 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
We got this Tassimo after the recall (our last one was recalled, and it died like 2 weeks after, at least I hadn't got the attachment yet! We use ours like 3 times a day minimum...), so it came automatically with it. Not gonna lie, we've had it for a year and I've never take that out to clean it...I'm sure that contributed!

My backyard is mud puddle soup. Fantastic. April showers and all...

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I met the nicest man today. While cleaning out our house we found a box of old stamps under the stairs in the basement. So I got in contact with the stamp society in our city (who knew we even had one) and the president came over today to see what we found. Unfortunately most of what was in the box was worthless, but he found about 10 stamps that would be good for collections. He was just so nice though, he had to be nearly 80, and just had a ton of stories to share and brought books to show me and just seemed so excited about stamps. The stamps he found that were good I let him keep because they really mean nothing to me and the rest we are going to donate to the bible society because apparently they use old stamps to sell by the pound to buy bibles for soldiers. I also now know what I'm looking for if I happen to find anymore stamps in my travels along the way.

April 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
thats so cool caroline!

I have had the day from you know where, Finn did not sleep at all last night,i have like no patience, so im sure thats part of it, but then of course the older boys were so noisy and full of beans that they kept waking him up every 10 minutes. I had to send them both for nap.

yawn.... i need a do over

April 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I wish do-overs were possible!

That's pretty cool about the stamps!

This is my 10,000th post on JM...how cool is that?! I remember when I hit 100...thinking I couldn't believe I posted 100 times
magz88 likes this.

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM
woo hoo for 10,000 posts!! thats awesome

April 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Its icy outside! So glad there's nowhere I have to be! I've turned on the fireplace, curled up, and watching last week's episode of Greys Waiting for DH to get home and I will start dinner

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search