April 1 - Canuck of the Week - Kelly (Kelz88)

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelz88
  • 1 Post By Kelz88
  • 2 Post By Kelz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
(sorry, posted this late!)

Kelly is our next COTW We will follow the below schedule, but she doesn't have to answer it on every day, it depends how much time she has

This is REALLY fun if you all ask questions. So please ask questions for Kelly in this thread, that she will hopefully have time to get to by Friday.

Want to sign up or see the schedule? Have questions on how it works? Check it out here:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...nuck-week.html (Canuck of the Week)

MONDAY: Introduce yourself...pretty self explanatory but you can tell us as much as your comfortable about yourself, your loved ones, your job, etc.

TUESDAY: List 15 random facts about yourself. This is always a fun thing to do, and lets us get to learn more about your life that might not come up in a normal conversation

WEDNESDAY: Picture Day...if you have access to a camera, or already have pics on your computer, now is the time to show us your beautiful self, family, house, car, pets, etc. If you don't have personal pics, you can post pics you can find via Google and tell us about them and how they relate to you (example: my dream car, dream house, fantasy vacation, etc)

THURSDAY: Bucket List....make a list of 10-20 things you would like to do before you "kick the bucket"

FRIDAY: Question Friday....this is the day you'll get the chance to respond to all the questions that the ladies give you. If any questions come up that you don't feel comfortable answering, either state that, or PM the person asking to let them know you won't be answering, rather than ignoring it.

And......GO!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Super Mommy
Was going to get to this sooner, but the baby has been keeping me busy.

Intro

My name is Kelly and I am 24 years old. I live in Sydney Nova Scotia. I am a proud stay at home mom to four wonderful children (Xavier, baby Chance, Anastasia and Sahara) and a loving fiance to my boyfriend of almost 11 years Chance.

My hobbies include Video games and beadwork. I also enjoy biking and sewing, but it has been a long time since I have done either. I keep saltwater fish and corals and am currently obsessed with my aquarium
MindyRambo likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 12:30 AM
Super Mommy
Random Facts

1. I have a lionfish that I feed by hand, his name is Marty
2. I am a proud Mikmaq first nations, sadly I do not speak my language though
3. I was a teenage mother
4. I have twin boys
5. I once hitch hiked halfway across the country (was young and dumb and ran away from home)
6. I named my son after an X-men character
7. If I start reading a book I cannot sleep until I finish it
8. My favorite movie is La vita bella
9. My favorite book is A painted house - John Grisham
10. I love to stargaze and still remember comet Hale-bopp
11. I have never left the country
12. Yet I have dual citizenship
13. On my dads side of the family I have around 50 first cousins (my dad was one of 14)
14. I once taught a cat how to fetch (my favorite cat, Julio)
15. I am obsessed with ancient egypt, mesopotamia, etc

Pictures I will do at a more reasonable hour
MindyRambo likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:51 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
-Have you always lived in NS?
-Are you close with many of your cousins?
-Where would you go on a dream vacation?
April 3rd, 2013, 05:01 AM
What's your favourite part of living in NS? Least favourite?
What other pets did you have growing up?
Are you planning to have more children?
What's your shoe size?
Did you play any sports growing up?

Jess
April 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! I have a lot of family from Sydney Mines, so not too far from you!

What got you into raising fish?
How many pets did you have growing up?
Do your children have pets that they are responsible for?
Name 3 other authors you enjoy reading!

April 3rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
What are your favorite video games?
What do you use to stargaze? Eyeballs, binoculars, telescope?
April 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Why is La vita bella your favourite movie?
What name did you have picked out if you had a boy?
Have you ever broken a bone?

Jess
April 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
What was hitchhiking like? Were you on your own? Where did you sleep?
April 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Have you read any other John Grisham books?
April 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Super Mommy

Me the day after Sahara was born

Me trying to stretch baby girls hat, its a little small lol

My boyfriend and Daughter

My beautiful babies

Aquarium pics

April 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Super Mommy
Bucket list

1. Travel to Egypt and see the pyramids

2. Jordan to see Petra

3. England to see stonehenge

4. Mexico to see the pyramids and ruins

5. Peru to visit Machu Picchu

6. Belize to see the Great Blue Hole

7. Australia to see the Great Barrier Reef (I better start saving lol)

8. I would like to go back to school and get a degree of some variety, most likely history related.

9. I would love to do something Amazing like climb mount Everest, but If I could survive the hike to Machu Picchu I would be happy with that.

10. See a giraffe, I have never seen a Giraffe in person and im really starting to fall in love with them. A zoo would do, but I would much rather see a wild one. (baby girls nursery has a slight giraffe theme)

How my boyfriend and I feed Marty the Lionfish (I dont recommend this, lionfish have a venomous sting, my boyfriend and I are just nuts)
April 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
-Have you always lived in NS? Yes, born and raised
-Are you close with many of your cousins? Quite a few yes, more on my moms side of the family though only because they live closer
-Where would you go on a dream vacation? The middle east, or some beautiful tropical island

What's your favourite part of living in NS? Least favourite? Its beautiful! The pollution in my area is the thing I hate most. Its being cleaned but steel slag is nasty business
What other pets did you have growing up? I had a few cats and dogs, but not for a long period of time my parents were not animal people
Are you planning to have more children? I would like at least one more Five or so years down the road though
What's your shoe size? 7
Did you play any sports growing up? Not really, I did however play floor hockey with the boys at lunch until they got too big. I think I was the only girl that did play.

What got you into raising fish? I have always loved fish, when I was younger I used to breed Bettas but after the twins were born I had to give that up. The boyfriend and I wanted to start an aquarium so he asked me what was the most amazing saltwater fish I knew and thats how we got marty the lionfish
How many pets did you have growing up? About 5 or 6 but I never had any of them for a long time sadly, not until I moved away from home
Do your children have pets that they are responsible for? Not yet, when we get a house I would love a German Sheppard and maybe a Ragdoll or himmilayan (sp) cat
Name 3 other authors you enjoy reading! David Gibbens, Steve Berry, and James Rollins

What are your favorite video games?I love war video games; Battlefield, Medal of honor, and of course the Call of duty series. I also enjoy Civilization and the Sims
What do you use to stargaze? Eyeballs, binoculars, telescope? Eye balls and a telescope

Why is La vita bella your favourite movie? I have love that movie for years. I think the reason would be the love he had for his son, even in the worst situation imaginable and how he tried to shield him from the awful truth.
What name did you have picked out if you had a boy? Lenin, I was convinced Sahara was a boy and im still a little sad I didnt get to use my boy name aha. Would trade my baby girl for the world though.
Have you ever broken a bone? Not a major one but I have broken toes and I mangled my pinky and never went to the hospital so it healed funny

What was hitchhiking like? Were you on your own? Where did you sleep? It actually wasnt too bad, when I was younger I used to always hitchhike (crazy I know) It took long but we had some pretty kewl people drive us, lol one couple gave us cigarettes and even took us to mcdonalds. When I went halfway across the country I had my boyfriend with me but I used to hitchhike on my own alot, when I did that I would bring a hunting knife with me just in case someone tried anything funny. We slept where ever we could, outside, in a apt hallway and a hotel basement. Not exactly comfortable

Have you read any other John Grisham books? I have read almost all of them only the newest one I havent read yet, oh and the kid lawyer ones
Jessimaaka and helios like this.
April 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love your bucket list! I have a friend leaving for Peru in a few weeks, and is doing the hike!!! I never wanted to do that until now!!! Sounds like such an adventure!

April 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Love all the pictures! I love your aquarium - so cool! And the picture of all your kids is super cute!

Love your bucket list as well!

Jess
April 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Your aquarium is beautiful, and your children are adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search