Did you make it to, or past your due date?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally freaking out... the first baby from our May DDC has been born! Mama was 35+weeks, but that still hits WAY too close to home... both are healthy Baby was 6lbs, 20 in!

I've been playing a mental game with myself, and I really think I'm convinced I'll go to about 42 weeks.
I'm ok with that... (for now at least) it gives me a lot more time to prepare etc for birth and baby.

But now I'm worried, what if I don't go that far! I'm sure baby would be fine, and healthy.... but I'm just not ready. (stuff wise, or mentally)

Did you make it to your due date? Were there signs and signals (did you have a "feeling" you wouldn't) if you had your baby early. Baby sure feels nice and secure in there, but I wouldn't want to put too much stock in that!

I know I'll feel better after our shopping trip early next week... but until then... Panic button has been pressed!

April 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I did everything
DD#1 was 6 1/2 weeks early - I was so not ready for that one. We were moving into a house in our same yard(farm) So I had not bought a crib or anything yet. After I seen signs that were pointing to a early delivery but not at the time.
DD#2 was 2 days before due date. It felt like this one would never come out !!!
DS#1 was 1 week early I woke up that morning and told Dh today is the day and he was born that day.
DS#2 was 1 week late I knew sooner or later he would HAVE to come out

All my babys were born fast the longest being 4 hours from 1st contaction, only with the second did I have false labor. The shortest was the last at 2 hours. Kind of crazy when we live 40 mins to the hospital

Last edited by Countrymom4; April 4th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
April 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i keep going longer and longer with each pregnancy (my body got it backwards i guess)

Ross was born at 38 weeks 6 days
Will was born at 40 weeks 1 day
Finn was born at 41 weeks

April 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam was born on his due date...its funny because DH and I are very punctual people, it was very fitting

I lost part of my plug the Saturday afternoon, and went into labour 5am Sunday morning. So I had a bit of warning.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just nervous that I'm going to be taken totally by surprise... I don't deal well with surprises... it is absolutely not my 'medical style' to want to be induced, but I am starting to fully understand the benefit to scheduled inductions/csections! I am terrified I'm gonna go into labour with no warning! If it were after 40 weeks then maybe I would be 'expecting it' more

April 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Remember a due date is just an estimation - only 5% are actually born on their due date. I'd say be ready any time after 38 weeks. The majority are born between 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after.

The surprise is fun! lol Although I probably won't say that next time. If Cam wasn't sunny side up, my labour would have been 7 hours total. DH consistently works up to 5 hours away, and supposedly labours decrease in total time the more times you give birth. It was true with my mom!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
the waiting and not knowing is the worst part for me. I dont want an induction ever, but i can see the appeal, especially at the end.
crunchywannabe likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 04:40 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
With Alyssa I went to 41 weeks, with Rylan I went to 39w5d, Sophia was 39w1d, and Hannah was 39weeks. I have really quick labours so there wasn't a lot of indication for me. With my first and second I just felt "off" but I was induced with my third and fourth (I have very fast labours, and live 90 minutes from the hospital, so they were afraid I wouldn't make it).
April 4th, 2013, 05:02 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
He came the day after.
April 4th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD was 40 weeks 5 days
DS was 41 weeks 2 days, and he only came then because I was induced.
April 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD1 was 38 weeks, but for her I was induced because of hypertension
DD2 was right on her due date, I went into labour on my own with her at 1am, she was born at 9pm
DS was 39 weeks, but was a scheduled section

April 5th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Super Mommy
For the twins it was 36 weeks on the dot
With Ana I was 39weeks 6 days
Same with Sahara
April 5th, 2013, 08:11 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
I was also convinced I would go two weeks late, since that is what other women in my family seem to do. I had my son at 39w3d after being induced for severe oligohydramnios. It totally caught my off guard as I had such a healthy pregnancy with no issues. I think if I hadn't been induced, I still would have gone late though.
April 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my oldest I thought I'd have her 2 weeks early (lol, cause I really wanted to) so the 8 days she was over were SOOOOO long.
I was 40w 5d with #2.
I was induced at 40w 5d with #3 because my water broke the day before, it was a great experience too, pitocin just got me going and there she was.
My 4th was born at 33 weeks, my water had broken 3 days before that. If this had happened with my first it would have been really hard, it took me a few weeks to bond with my first and get used to all this motherhood stuff (not that I wasn't happy or anything) but I bonded with this little one instantly, and good thing because we really didn't get very much time together the first while.
I was induced at 40w8d with #5. It was either that day, wait till I went into labor on my own, or be induced 5 days later. I didn't want 2 kids having the same birthday so now they're 4 days apart.
April 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS came 10 days after his due date - Induced really didn't want to come out. (16 hour labour)
DD came 8 days after her due date - Went in for induction, but only needed one dose of cream and labour started and ended in 4 hours!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search