Wednesday's Wash

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since it's a never ending cycle around here. I'm just wondering how do you do your laundry? Is it on a certain day, or just whenever the basket gets full? Do you throw large loads all in at once or sort it all first?

April 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
most of the laundry i do on the weekend, except cloth diapers, those get done more often

im not sure how we really do loads, i have lots of smaller baskets, each basket is a load. So every week i do

Boys clothes
our clothes
towels/face cloths
kitchen stuff (towels dish cloths ect)
Dh work clothes
couch slip covers
cloth diapers (we do this load probably 5 times a week)

April 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Its cheaper at night and on weekends, so I do...

- Cam's loads - about twice a week at night
- Pants - once a week on weekends
- Tops - once a week on weekends
- Whites - once a week on weekends
- Towels (including dishcloths) - once every 2 weeks on weekends
- Sheets (including table cloth) - once every 2 weeks on weekends (opposite weekend of towels)

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Oh wow are you ladies ever organized. I throw the kids stuff in whenever their basket is full, our clothes in when our basket is full and bedding in as needed.

April 10th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm sure as we add more kids this will go to crap lol! We only got into the habit of doing this because we used to live in an apartment, and we had 3 washers and 4 dryers for the whole building...so we had different laundry baskets for the 3 main loads (pants, shirts, whites), and then I just alternated the other two. I started laundry at 7am Sunday mornings so I could get all 3 washers without feeling guilty and then not be housebound all day watching the machines! Now its takes me all day, but I can leave something in there for 4 hours if I want to! I even left towels in the washer all day Monday by accident

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
I just throw the clothes in when the basket is full lol I am soooo lazy when it comes to laundry. I only sort the baby's clothes from the rest. Then they get to sit in the basket until I fold them (this step takes the longest lol)
April 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM
LOL! That's exactly how it is at our house too Kelz, I'm so lazy with my laundry and now that DS is older I don't even sort out his laundry from his sister's until I fold it. I swear some weeks we just live out of the laundry basket.

April 11th, 2013, 05:14 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I toss in laundry whenever the basket is full as well, and folding could take weeks! I really have to get in the mood We live out of the basket until I'm SUPER annoyed and fold it all! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 11th, 2013, 05:20 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I toss in laundry whenever the basket is full as well, and folding could take weeks! I really have to get in the mood We live out of the basket until I'm SUPER annoyed and fold it all! lol
Pretty much sums things up here. I do at least one load a day. Would probably do more except for this time of use hydro thing in Ont that charges more if you run the washer/dryer/dishwasher during peak hours. We are busy on the weekends with kids activities so I don't get much done n weekends.
April 11th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We wash when the basket is full too. Usually we try to wash 1 - 2 loads a day.
Wash the girls together
wash the boys together
Mine and DH main basket
DH work cloths

April 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a random washer... up until now I just wait until I have enough for a load of laundry... when we lived in the apartment and paid/load, I did mine and dh's clothes.... and packed them full! I sorted by colour, and it generally all got put away that day, but it would be at least 2weeks worth of dirty clothes.

Now, Dh for whatever reason does his own laundry. With the baby coming I have been washing his clothes and diapers separately (to prep them) and my stuff builds up and gets washed in big loads. I generally have a pile or two on the floor in the basement needing to go through.

April 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo's gets done every 3 days after 7 pm because he only has enough diaper covers to last 3 days. I do mine on the weekend and my husband also does his one the weekend.

I do the sheets on weekends as well.
April 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Diapers get washed every 2-3 days, Alyssa and Rylan have a basket, Sophia and Hannah have a basket, DH and I have a basket, and then we have a basket for towels. I do a big laundry day about twice/week. Sheets and blankets get washed every second week unless they need it in between (if one of the kids pee the bed basically lol).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search