Car Seat Tech!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY! I passed with 100% I am now a certified car seat tech!!! What a fantastic course! I can't wait to get out there and help others keep their kids as safe as possible while in the car, and now I really want to go install Baby's Car Seat in my car!!!

I am also appalled at some of the laws here in MB, and across Canada. The stats speak for themselves, there are way too many children killed or injured in collisions and yet our gov. is really far behind!

I'd love to answer any questions you might have, feel free to PM me if you'd like! But really I can't stress enough, no matter how much you think you know, or how 'proper' your seat is installed, go get it checked!!! The worst that will happen is that they tell you how perfect you are! I considered myself to be very well versed in the subject, and I took away a lot of new information!!!

April 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Our cousin is certified through his job with the police force we've had him check all our car seats. It paid off too, when I got in a crash with DD1 in the car the first thing the officer who responded said was how well strapped in she was and how it likely saved her life.
crunchywannabe likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
thats awesome! who did you take the course through? its something id be interested in doing at some point

April 18th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did it through our Provincial insurance company (there is only 1 option for insurance here) It was a 2 day course, and now I'm certified to organize clinics etc. I need to do 10 inspections a year to keep my certification, but that shouldn't be too difficult! I'm so excited!

April 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's awesome Kalynn! I have a friend who's certified and I had her check ours. I go through roundabouts regularly (I need to take a 10 min detour to get to my house if I want to avoid them), and they constantly have accidents at them, and on a daily basis I am almost hit, so it was high on my priority list.

I cringe when I see blatant obvious errors but don't know how to tactfully correct parents. But its those sneaker issues that most people miss.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 18th, 2013, 08:23 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Congrats, Kalynn! Very cool.
April 18th, 2013, 09:58 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Congratulations!
April 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That awesome Congrats !!! I had a tech check DD#1 seats.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search