April 22 - Canuck of the Week - Caroline (mccaroline)

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 3 Post By mccaroline
  • 2 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy cow. Totally forgot to post this again!!!! Sorry its a day late Caroline! Do everything late if you want

Caroline is our next COTW We will follow the below schedule, but she doesn't have to answer it on every day, it depends how much time she has

This is REALLY fun if you all ask questions. So please ask questions for Caroline in this thread, that she will hopefully have time to get to by Friday.

Want to sign up or see the schedule? Have questions on how it works? Check it out here:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...nuck-week.html (Canuck of the Week)

MONDAY: Introduce yourself...pretty self explanatory but you can tell us as much as your comfortable about yourself, your loved ones, your job, etc.

TUESDAY: List 15 random facts about yourself. This is always a fun thing to do, and lets us get to learn more about your life that might not come up in a normal conversation

WEDNESDAY: Picture Day...if you have access to a camera, or already have pics on your computer, now is the time to show us your beautiful self, family, house, car, pets, etc. If you don't have personal pics, you can post pics you can find via Google and tell us about them and how they relate to you (example: my dream car, dream house, fantasy vacation, etc)

THURSDAY: Bucket List....make a list of 10-20 things you would like to do before you "kick the bucket"

FRIDAY: Question Friday....this is the day you'll get the chance to respond to all the questions that the ladies give you. If any questions come up that you don't feel comfortable answering, either state that, or PM the person asking to let them know you won't be answering, rather than ignoring it.

And......GO!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me? Already? OK, here it goes.

I'm Caroline, I'll be 34 in June and I'm an only child. Both my parents are also only children and so were my grandparents. We had very small family meals but we were all very close to each other and had a family meal every Sunday when I was growing up.

I met my DH when we were in grade 9, but I didn't start actually dating him until our last year of high school. We were friends all through high school though and had the same group of friends so we did just about everything together even though we dated other people. We then went to the same college and he proposed to me the New Years Eve of our graduating year, which also happened to be the new millennium. We had a long engagement and didn't get married until 2.5 years later, we both lived at home that whole time and then bought our first house together and moved into it when we returned from our honeymoon. DD1 came along 2 years later. We now have the 3 kids and just bought our 4th and hopefully last home together.

I'm currently a SAHM and do some part time daycare, but before that I worked first as an administrator and then as a jr accountant for a CA firm which was my first real job out of college. As a teen though I also worked in a library shelving books, in a factory as a "stripper", and in various offices doing data entry. Now I do all volunteer work, I'm a Brownie leader, I help coach bunny ringette, I manage my older dd's ringette team and do various things around our church.

That's all I can think of. So ask away.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:57 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Where were you born?

Will your DS play ringette or hockey? There are some boys in ringette now but not many. My oldest DS did one year of bunnies before switching to hockey.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Alright, I might as well do Tuesday's post today as well so I'm caught up.

1. I really am a shy person and don't like meeting new people
2. I have been a registered member of Girl Guides of Canada every year for the past 28 years
3. I enjoy public speaking and competed in it as a child, I won second in the province in my best year
4. I love watching old sitcoms, think Roseanne
5. I dislike watching or going to movies
6. I love owls
7. My favourite colour is green
8. The only house plant I've ever successfully kept alive is a bamboo plant that is now 3 years old
9. I really do not like dogs
10. I took cake decorating courses and became obsessed with buying cake "stuff"
11. I throw massive birthday parties for my kids and way overdo everything
12. All three of my kids were born by section, but all three under different circumstances
13. Despite being Canadian I hate cold weather and snow and truly wish I could hibernate all winter
14. I was a morning person until I got married and my DH turned me into a night owl
15. I'm moving in 52 days

April 23rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Where did you buy your 4th child?
What is your favourite shade of green?
Is there any particular reason that you don't like dogs? (I am not a fan of them either.)
April 23rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh PLEASE tell me you will keep "Stripper" printed on your resume! That is so fantastic!

April 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM
what is a stripper in a factory?
Have all 4 homes been in the same area?
If you had to move to a different province, which one would you pick and why?
Why don't you like movies?!?
Have you attending any big Guiding events?

Jess
April 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
What was your second prize speech about?
What was the favourite birthday party that you've thrown?
April 24th, 2013, 05:43 PM
What's your favourite part of providing daycare?
What's your favourite part of your new house?
What is your least favourite cold drink? hot drink?

Jess
April 25th, 2013, 06:36 PM
What would you do with all your free time if you weren't involved in ringette?
What is your biggest pet peeve when driving?
Do you have a favourite scent?

Jess
April 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Alright, I didn't get to it last night, so here are some pictures.

My kidlets the year DS was born, and my favourite picture of them.

Most recent family pic

Our soon to be house
Jessimaaka likes this.

Last edited by mccaroline; April 25th, 2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to hit post yet
April 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
That's all I have on my computer right now, I'll get some off my camera after DH gets up for work.

Bucket list:

1. Visit every province and territory in Canada
2. Travel to Australia
3. Learn to downhill ski
4. Take a hot air balloon ride
5. Go back to school, maybe take some culinary courses

I'll fill in the next 5 in a bit, I have to think some more.

April 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
What a nice family! I LOVE your new house!

Is there any region in particular in Australia that you want to visit?
April 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Which provinces/territories do you have left to visit?
What is your least favourite part of moving?
Do you paint your nails?
Do you buy things online?
What would you bring on a picnic to eat?

Jess
April 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Where were you born? Same city I'm in now in Ontario, my husband was also born in the same hospital and so were my two girls. They shut down the maternity ward 2 months before DS was born or he would have been born there too.

Will your DS play ringette or hockey? There are some boys in ringette now but not many. My oldest DS did one year of bunnies before switching to hockey If DH gets his way DS will play hockey, if I get my way he'll play football. Our ringette association doesn't allow boys so he won't play that.

Where did you buy your 4th child? LOL! I totally messed up the grammar on that sentence didn't I? Forth house! We just bought our forth house!

What is your favourite shade of green? I like most shades of green, but I'm in love with lime green paired with chocolate brown right now.

Is there any particular reason that you don't like dogs? (I am not a fan of them either.) They smell, they drool, they're messy and when I was little one ate my blow up swimming pool!

Oh PLEASE tell me you will keep "Stripper" printed on your resume! That is so fantastic! Sorry, I changed it to "manual labour"

what is a stripper in a factory? It's really nothing exciting, when corrugated boxes come off the machine that punches their shape they still have the scrap around them from the sheet of corrugated they were cut from. I would take a special hammer, blunt on one end for large chunks and corner pieces and sharp and pick like on the other end for thin edges and anything that didn't cut properly. I would use that hammer to "strip" the scrap away from the good boxes. We would strip piles of 25-50 at a time and then stack them back on skids.

Have all 4 homes been in the same area? Two of the houses we've lived in are only 2 blocks apart, one is still in the city but the opposite side and the one we are moving to now is a half hour outside the city. So they are relatively close.

If you had to move to a different province, which one would you pick and why? PEI, in a heartbeat! We did almost move there once, DH was offered a job there, but we didn't have the money for him to fly on short notice for the final interview.

Why don't you like movies?!? Too long to sit in one spot in an uncomfortable chair, and if I'm at home on the couch where I'm comfortable I usually fall asleep.

Have you attending any big Guiding events? The biggest event I have ever attended was an international camp in 1991.

What was your second prize speech about? You know what? I have no idea!

What was the favourite birthday party that you've thrown? Of all the parties I've thrown for my kids and I've done everything from Japanese tea parties with home made sushi, to fairy princess parties where I made the tutus, wings and wands, I think my favourite party wasn't even for my kids but for my Dad. I threw him a 60th birthday surprise party, it was outdoors/in my garage. I found the newspaper front page from the day he was born, found facts about his birth year, made tons of his favourite food, invited all his friends from his work both present and retired, people from when he grew up, told people to spread the news and had no idea how many or who was showing up, but it was awesome and he was so surprised. I invited him over for supper and when he got there I told him I knew it was his birthday but I really needed help and could he come out to the garage for a moment to look at something for me. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

What's your favourite part of providing daycare? Being able to stay home with my own kids at the same time as earning some money for the household.

What's your favourite part of your new house? That's a tough one, I like that the girls will each have their own room, it has a main floor playroom and a huge yard. I'd say it's the large kitchen, but the kitchen needs some help before it will be my favourite part of the house.

What is your least favourite cold drink? hot drink? Cold drink would have to be beer, I can't even get past the smell, so I have to say I've never tried it but I don't like it. Not sure about my least favourite hot drink, all I can think of is tea, coffee and hot chocolate and I like all of those.

What would you do with all your free time if you weren't involved in ringette? Likely cook more!

What is your biggest pet peeve when driving? People who pull out in front of you and then step on the breaks! I'm sorry, but if you feel the need to cut me off, the very least you can do is step on the gas and get out of my way!

Do you have a favourite scent? Not in perfumes or anything, I have allergies and can't wear many scents, but I do like cucumber melon for like soap and lotions and such.

Is there any region in particular in Australia that you want to visit? Not really I want to do the whole tourist "experience" visit the outback, see the coral reefs, all that sort of thing.

Which provinces/territories do you have left to visit? Most of them! I've only truly visited Quebec and PEI outside of Ontario. I have been inside the boarders of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, but haven't really visited and spent any time there.

What is your least favourite part of moving? Packing, however unpacking gets tedious by the end too.

Do you paint your nails? Not often, only for special occasions. I don't have the time or energy to keep them looking good and don't like the way they look when they become chipped.

Do you buy things online? Not very often, only if I can't buy it in a store around here.

What would you bring on a picnic to eat? Love picnics, making one for tomorrow for the kids to enjoy between ringette practice and the game. Usually it's egg salad sandwiches, carrot sticks, and cookies of some kind. If it's early in the season like tomorrow I'll bring fruit and juice boxes. If it's later in the season and the bees are out, it's water only and we skip the fruit.

Did I miss any?
Countrymom4, Jessimaaka and magz88 like this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Yay for questions!!!! Love this!

Jess
April 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
And some ringette pics because well, I just have to.

Jessimaaka and magz88 like this.

Tags
cotw

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search