~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 10:10 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sure it must be bittersweet that the sympoms have calmed down! It gives you more time to prepare, but you must be getting anxious too!
May 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, it's a mixed bag, but for now I just want to get everything done before he comes. It seems that with every thing I check off my to do list, another one gets added!

May 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! I swear that's an impossible task. As much as you think you will have everything done there is always something else. I have felt that way with each and every one of my kids. Get the big stuff done and then relax.

May 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that in reality it won't all get done, but I can't stand the thought of leaving anything until after baby is here... I'll have enough on my plate without my MIL's comments about the state of my house!!!

May 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Are your inlaws coming to stay with you?

I've been productive today so not online much My lunch with my friend got moved to next week But my dad came over to install a fan/light in our room, but the one I bought was too big and this not going to work in our bedroom, but it will work in our big room downstairs...he needs DH's help so he couldn't do it today. Need to find new ones for the bedrooms instead.

Tomorrow its supposed to be 24 here Can't wait!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's 27 here today! It's amazing! Although very windy, the breeze is so warm! It rained early this morning so the air is humid... still calling for more thunder showers, but I'll take it.

According to my MIL she's moving in... according to us she's welcome to stay for about 3 days max... She is recovering from back surgery, so she isn't working and she's single, so her schedule is wide open... My parents however both work, and live farther away, plus I just like them more So I have to balance when they can stay as well... it just wouldn't go over well having everyone here at the same time. When I was on mod. bed rest this winter, we had our 15 mo nephew staying with us, she drove down to 'help' because I couldn't care for him obviously... she 'helped' around the house as well (my house was totally clean with the exception of the floors, which had been on my to do list prior to hemorrhaging and assuming I was miscarrying, suddenly taking it easy was much more of a priority) From my bedroom all I heard was slighting comments about how filthy it was, and her comments to my nephew about how unsanitary it was to stay at Auntie's house.. yada yada yada. I really have a hard time with her being around at all.

May 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hope it gets nice and warm tomorrow, i got used to the high temps and have been freezing this week! its not THAT cold, its like 13 today but i miss the 20+ temps we were having

May 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
I'd take the 13 today, we got to a high of 8 and its been raining most of the day.

Good luck with your MIL!

May 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Oh I remember when you mentioned that before. Boo to that. Hope she's on better behaviour this time

It was yucky here today too, so that's why I'm super happy about tomorrow

I am doing it...I'm having a coffee tonight! I have been trying to avoid drinking it at night, but I didn't get to finish my morning coffee and I haven't had a chance to have one throughout the rest of the day.

Jess
May 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope your MILis more of a help than a hindrance while she is with you guys!

I am looking forward to the warmer weather too.

I hope that everyone had a nice Mother's Day. My Mum stopped by just as we were about to eat dinner at Rich's Mum's so it turned out really nicely to all be together.
May 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
8 am on Sunday of the long weekend. What's that you ask? Oh that's just the time the buyer asked to come in and do a 3 hour home inspection!!! Seriously people, I have a husband who doesn't even get home until 8am and 3 children to work with here. Do home inspectors even work that early on a Sunday morning?

May 15th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
what! im surprised a home inspector works on sunday at all

May 15th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Wow. Really???

We did ours at 6pm on a Friday night and I felt bad about it! That's ridiculous!

Can you take the kids to a restaurant for breakfast and then maybe the park or something if its going to be nice out? Or maybe a sleepover Saturday night at one of the grandparents house's? That's super inconvenient!

I forgot to mention yesterday...guess who slept from 1-7!!!!!! And last night he slept from 10-3, and then 3-7!!!!! I'm now freaked out about going away this weekend and wrecking these new sleeping habits.

Jess
May 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM
YAY for sleep!!! That's awesome!

I've requested the time be changed, but haven't received an answer yet. If all else fails and it has to be at 8am, my mom has offered to let all of us sleep at her house Saturday night and DH is just going to go to his mom's house after work so he can sleep for the day there.

May 15th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I wonder what prompted them to even ask for that time!

Sushi for lunch today! YUM!! And then grocery shopping this afternoon for the weekend

Jess
May 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow way to sleep Cam!!!

My guess is that they haven't hired a 'real' home inspector..I can't imagine in a million years someone giving up their long weekend Sunda for a business. It's probably just some uncle with a tool belt. That way they save the money, get someone to check out the things they feel are obvious and leave it at that! Hopefully if nothing else that works out in your favor!

May 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
mmmm, I want sushi!!

May 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Ohhh, Kalynn...that sounds totally like it! Hope that works in your favour Caroline!

Sushi was DELICIOUS by the way. Its an all you can eat...and they never brought us our spring rolls...so we ordered them again...and ended up getting double the amount. They were delicious! And all the rolls were yummy! And Cam and I had ice cream at the end YUM!!!!

Jess
May 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
That thought has crossed our mind. It makes more sense if that's the case.

I'm glad your sushi was yummy, but now you're making me want it more!

May 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I'm glad that you have a buyer Caroline. But yeah 8 am on the long weekend Sunday is kind of silly.

Theo's big kid friends were over today. There are 3 kids around 6-7 years old and they like to come play with Theo while we are outside in the yard. It's cool that he is popular already lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search