~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Fun stuff!

I don't know what is in the air, but Cam had 2 great naps (which he went down for super easy) and he just went down super easy to bed. Hope that means a good night!!!
magz88 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quiet night around here.

Get this, DD2 was sent up to bed at 8 like normal, at 9 she comes down stairs telling me she's scared because she sees a shadow of someone standing by the head of her bed. I hug her and tell her it's just a shadow to hug her monkey and she'll be fine. Not 5 minutes later she comes running back down stairs telling me the shadow is now talking to her! Is it wrong of me to say that even I'm a little freaked out now?

May 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope it means a good night for you, Jess!

No, I would be freaked out too, Caroline! I get freaked easily though!

Heading to bed soon, I'm tired tonight!
May 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'd be a little freaked out!

So we're eating dinner. And DH looks over. And there's a ton of ants by the dog's food. We can't figure out how they are getting in. GREAT! Just found some more by the dishwasher. Awesome.

Jess
May 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy
Trying to catch up here lol

Thanks everyone for the birthday greetings Im a kelly, not a kelsey though lol, but that did remind me of when I was young I planned on having two daughters named kelsie and Cassie

Secondly so sorry about the house I thought for sure it was sold

Thirdly Congratulations on that beautiful little baby boy, kalynn! I just want to squeeze him he is so cuddly looking <3

Fourthly (is that a word?) is my mini rant
Three little boys were pricked by used syringes at a playground in a community not far away from my community. I pray that they didnt catch any blood-borne illnesses from those.
How selfish do you have to be to freaking shoot up at a playground. How could anyone think this was a good idea? I understand that addiction is a disease but really? Have they no common sense whatsoever?
After this happened they did a sweep of my community and the walking trail that I walk with the kids and the baby on often, they found 7 used needles. I am seriously sick of junkies...
May 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Glad I'm not the only one slightly freaked. I made DH go up and check on her before he left for work. He laughed at me.

LOL Kelz88, there's a reason I call everyone by their screen names. I have a hard enough time remembering names irl, it's next to impossible for me on here.

Needles are scary. The worst thing we find around here are bongs thank goodness.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:22 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
What did the shadow say to her? I would be freaked out too.

Needles in the playground is so not cool. I have never seen any on the street but in City Hall and the library they have receptacles in the bathrooms for people to deposit used needles.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
I know you're a Kelly! I don't know why I said Kelsey...I post with a Kelsey on another board though, that must be where I got confused. So odd, I'm normally good with names! I'll put it down to the fact I was posting from my phone

Babytime this morning at the library! And then its done till mid July and the woman that runs it who is WONDERFUL won't be back because she's due in August.

Jess
May 23rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
You're Kelz in my head, but I thought everyone else must have known your name! Sorry! LOL.. And that is just sick about the syringes! I don't understand some people

Aww, I'm sorry that the baby program at the library is almost over! I keep meaning to go to ours, but it always falls on days that I'm working. I don't work tomorrow, and I just got an email about it, so I'm hoping to make it then!

A long day at work today, with pick-ups spread throughout the day, so there's no way I'll be home early *sigh*
May 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
oh my wind !! This is getting crazy!!

Other than that we have to take the dog to the vet for ear infection and get wire for the rabbit cage we are building. We found one of the baby bunnies out of the nest today

May 23rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
At work and oh so tired. I need to get to bed early tonight!
May 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Bunnies on the move! Crazy!

Hope you get a good night's sleep Chantelle.

After babytime, I took my friend out for lunch for her birthday. We had the WORST service. The food was delicious but I don't think I'll go back. It was SOOOO slow and they weren't even busy.

Jess
May 23rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Had an appointment for DD1 to go over her hearing test results. What a flipping waste of time! First of all her test results weren't at the doctor's yet. Secondly her doctor was on holidays and we had some resident who seem more concerned about a rash on her face than her hearing. Then another doctor came in and all she wanted us to do was try different pills for ADHD after that is what we are trying to rule out and the first set of pills did go over well. DD1 left thinking the doctors were mad at her and DH and I left very frustrated. I'm requesting that we don't see anyone except our own doctor from now on.

Good luck on the bunny cages!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Awww Caroline, sorry it was a waste of time Why would they schedule it if they don't even have the results!

Cam bit my toe while I was sitting on the couch...I didn't think the biting stage started this early!

Jess
May 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cold tonight. Very very cold tonight. I had a/c on yesterday and the fireplace today. This is nuts!

May 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
We shut all the windows and have the gas fireplace going.

What do I do with my Thursday nights now?!? Greys and Big Bang Theory are done!

Jess
May 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yawn..... i dont know why im so tired today, i can hardly keep my eyes open. I cant believe the cold weather today, of course because i lugged out the AC units and set them up last night, it got cold

May 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Bit your toe

Our dog must be getting old.....He had a seizer a week or so ago, now he has some allergic reaction to something and is scratching is neck/ear. We took him to the vet thinking it was a ear infection, but no.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Having a dog with a reaction is as bad a child...they can't communicate what they feel! Hope he feels better soon

Bree, you jinxed the warm weather! I'm blaming you!

I am nervous! Long story, I am going back to my previous position, but instead of having a team, its just me. Its not the discussion I had with my future boss at all, but he seems to think it is? So I emailed another director asking for clarification (I've drank with this other director before and feel more comfortable talking to him), I hope he doesn't think I'm an idiot! I just want to know why I am going back to a worse position :/

Jess
May 23rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
I would be nervous too! I hope he can clear it up for you!

I'm sorry the appointment didn't go so well, Caroline

Heading to bed, I'm wiped out tonight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search