~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam decided 6am was a perfectly acceptable wake up time. Now DH and 2 friends and his dad and our neighbour are finishing the fence! I need to clean because I'm having a Norwex party tomorrow, but I'm leaving the sweeping/wetjetting for tomorrow since Bama always seems to get her hair all over the place!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 25th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry ladies no stretch marks here either. I have 1 or 2 on my breast though...so obviously I can get fat, but cant have big boobs

Thank You tasha_mae

May 25th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i have no stretch marks either, thankfully!

But when not BFing my boobs look like poop, no joke, they have gone down a cup size after each baby weaned, I was a C before kids but by the time im done bfing finn, they will indent

May 25th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Plenty of stretch marks on my tummy here. There was an $8 off coupon for Bio Oil at costco a while ago, so I bought it, and I have to say that I'm super impressed. They're not completely gone (don't think that's possible) but much less noticable.

It's the second day of rain here. People are complaining, but our fields really needed it. We have to go to a wrap up BBQ this afternoon, so that will be a lot of inside time for the kids this time, they usually go for a hike.
May 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Slow in here today

The fence is almost done!! It looks great! Now if only the other neighbours hadn't torn down part of their fence, things would be great!

Jess
May 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We spent the morning at my parent's. They bought a 4 wheeler for the kids, but it's big enough that that adults can ride too, so we were outside having fun on that. Then we left the girls there and DH and I went shopping for paint colours and ceiling fans for the new house. We looked at bathtubs and tub surrounds too. I just wish I had the money for all the things I want in the new house.

Time to think of something for supper and I don't have a clue.

May 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Where did you look for ceiling fans? We bought 3 from Lowes a few weeks ago for the bedrooms, but they're too big. I didn't see anything else I liked there, or at Canadian Tire.

Bonfire tonight! Its my friend's birthday but we don't have anyone to watch Cam so we're hanging together tonight.

Jess
May 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Nowhere special. We went to home depot and lows. I think we're going to check out rona too because so far we haven't found anything that we like that will be small enough for the bedrooms. They all have angled walls so there isn't a lot of ceiling space but without a/c we're going to need something to keep the air moving.

May 26th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I forgot about Rona!

I'm having a Norwex party today! Yay!!! Off to clean the bathrooms and do the floors

Jess
May 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Second last day for ringette for post season. Tournament is next weekend.

I've been working on picking out paint colours for the new house. We're doing our room the same as it is here. DD1 wants grey and purple stripes so those are picked out. DD2 wants a white room with big bright polka dots so we've picked out a purple, pink, green and blue that match the polka dots on her lamp shade. DS love orange so his will be orange and something, not sure what yet but all orange just seems like to much. Our kitchen will be an orange/yellow colour. The playroom will be a combo of orange, red, yellow blue and green, we're just not sure how to use all 5 colours. We have no ideas yet for the living room, dinning room or hallways.

Playroom selection, they seem much brighter in person than on my screen:
The Techno Collection By Olympic® Paints

May 26th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
your house is going to be so colourful! my house seems boring in comparison, though i actually do like neutrals

May 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I don't really mind neutral colours, tan just seems institutional to me. I spent way too many years visiting my Grandma in a nursing home and everything there was tan from flooring to wall colours to the rubber molding to prevent wheelchairs from bumping the walls. Ever since she passed away, I can't stand my rooms to be all tan. My bedroom is cream/tan, but has one bright red wall and red curtains.

I crave colour and figure if I really hate it, a can of paint isn't that expensive and I can always repaint in a few months to something else. It's not like wallpaper that is expensive and a lot of work, paint is low commitment.

May 26th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
Dont paint your sons room all orange! I lived in an all orange room (ceilings included) and it drove me nuts lol. It was like pumpkin orange and far too bright lol.
May 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't mind tan, if it's put together with the right colours.

I agree with the orange comment, I like orange, but I wouldn't want an entire orange room!

So tired today, went out with a couple of my friends to hear a band last night. DH let me sleep in this morning, but I'm still exhausted!
May 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Teagan's room is 2 bright pink walls and 2 bright orange walls

We had a big rain yesterday and now today is beautiful, finishing painting the kids monkey bar set

Thank You tasha_mae

May 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
The pink breaks it up!

We are planning to do Cam's room turquoise and orange. I already bought the orange curtains, and he will have orange bedding, he has an orange wall hanging his name, birthdate and other stats...I'm keeping an eye out for other orange accent items. And the walls will be turquoise, not sure which shade yet though. That room used to be navy blue wall paper so I think I'll be keeping it a lighter shade than a vibrant shade...we'll see. But yeah, I love that colour combination for a little boy!

Norwex party was a hit! Had tons of fun

Jess
May 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
We found this and are thinking something like this for DS's bedroom, it's just a little more than we wanted to spend and you can't get just the comforter.

Whole Home Kids(TM/MC) 'Scout' Collection Comforter Set - Sears | Sears Canada

May 26th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super cute! And perfect for a little boy!!!

I love decorating...keep telling us all your ideas!

Jess
May 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM
DD2 has picked this comforter out. It's on sale at Target this week, but sold out. They were nice enough to give me a rain cheque so I can get it at the sale price when it comes back in.

Xhilaration® Dot Comforter Set : Target

May 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
DD1 still isn't sure exactly what she wants. Well she is, but I can't afford it, the comforter alone is $124

My stuff®/MD 'Posh' Bedding - Sears | Sears Canada

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search