~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have a treadmill but it is in the basement and I find it to noisy when the girls are sleeping. So I usually walk outside. Usually night is the only time I have.

My nephew has been having seizers and is in the hospital. the one night he had 9. He goes for test so hoping something is found.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I've been on a weighloss streak lately too- I've lost 29 lbs since January. Now while I'm still losing weight, I'm working really hard on building muscle too. I'm trying to get my body fat percent out of the average range and into the athletic range
Countrymom4 likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I hope your nephew is ok and they get some answer Chrystal! That is so scary.

How do you measure your body fat percentage Chantelle? The online calculator I'm using says I'm in the obese range...which can't be right since I'm just outside the upper range for my height, I would have expected average. I'm apparently not even close to average (it's in the high 30s). So either something is off in my measurements or I'm using a bad calculator!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Hope I can join in the chat...
I am also hoping to lose some weight. Trying to get the energy to walk now that the weather is nice but I have been feeling crappy. Found out yesterday that my iron levels are extremely low (it is 2) which probably explains how I have been feeling. Started on iron supplements, so hope I can soon get my energy back.

Spent a lot of the day yesterday cleaning dog poop from the winter. Yuck!!

I
May 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job last month ladies! I always find it hard keeping up with these chat posts!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
I hope they can get some answers about your nephew, Chrystal! Scary!

I'm using an online calculator too, Jess, although I can't remember right off which one (I have it bookmarked at home, but I'm at work right now). Most gyms also have calipers, and a lot of doctor's offices do as well.

I hope you can get your iron levels up, Karen!

I have a hard time keeping up with the chat threads too, but if I get too far behind, I just jump in again

I'm working today, and so far my day has been much better than yesterday! And it's an early day for me, I'll be heading home at about 2:30
May 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom can't figure out why I'm not a thinner lady. She looks after my kids now and then for me and always says that with the amount of running around after the kids I do I should be much thinner. I'm not sure why it doesn't work that way, but it doesn't seem to.

We're enjoying another nice day here. Not quite 10:30am and it's already 18!

May 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Everyone can jump in wherever in the chat thread...and it can move fast, there's no need to read all the way back

BEAUTIFUL day here again Finishing up lunch and going for a super long walk and hopefully Cam will sleep in the stroller.

Jess
May 2nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
its gorgeous here today too, after the kids get up from nap we are heading to the park to play all afternoon! so excited

May 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
We went for an hour and 40 min walk...Cam slept for half an hour. Not cool. Hope tonight goes ok. Last night was AMAZING (for him haha), he slept some 3 hour stretches.

Jess
May 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Why is it when the weather is cold and crappy the kids sit inside and complain that they want to be outside, when the weather is nice and sunny I kick the outside and they complain that they want to be inside. Seriously can not win here!

May 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Of course not! The grass is always greener on the other side

My sunburn is worse today :/

Jess
May 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
oh man am i ever tired, being outside wares me out. Hopefully i get a good nights sleep. Last night Finn was awake and wanted to party from midnight until 3 am. But one of my best friends is at the hospital being induced tonight, so im sure i will be up waiting for an update all night long

May 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
I wish I pinned that pin that was going around for sunburn relief! I can't even have bra straps on my shoulders right now. Hope its better tomorrow!

How exciting about your friend! Hope it goes well and you don't have to wait up all night!!!!

Cam has been asleep for just over 2 hours already Yay! And Greys is on in less than an hour! Its a good night so far

Jess
May 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So miserable! Went to a friend's for lunch, and met another friend who is living in Kelowna there! It was great to catch up, but I was so tired, and must have looked it because the 3 yr old brought me a blanket, pillow, stuffy, and storybook and tried to put me down for a nap on the couch! it was cute!

May 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hahaha, you've hit the homestretch! Take the sleep when you can hahahaha!

Going for a walk tomorrow with my mom It will be nice

Jess
May 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Too cute about the 3 year old!

I'm planning to spend a lot of the day tomorrow in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning. I'm hoping to be able to drag my butt out of bed in the morning to go for a run before the kids get up (DH will be home)
May 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
LOL! That's cute! At least it was from a 3 year old. Last time I looked as tired as I felt my minister stopped me, asked if I was alright and when I said I was his comment was "well, you don't look OK" Gee, thanks.

My mom invited DS and I out for lunch tomorrow while the girls are at school and DH sleeps. The asparagus is up and ready so she's going to cook some for lunch for us! I love when it's fresh picked, it's the first real sign of spring for me. Apparently the rhubarb is just about ready too.

May 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We had our water system installed today So we can now drink our water and not haul, and no more orange tubs

I build a rabbit hutch today to move the one boy out.....cause babies are coming in about a week or so.

May 3rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
yay thats great!

not much here, i need to run to walmart and pick a few things up, otherwise we will probably just be outside playing today

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search