~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
400 Baby!!! We're awesome!!!

I don't think I could do that, the girls will only eat soft shells, DS will eat either, DH and I prefer hard, and everyone likes something different on them. I'd be hours in the kitchen trying to make enough different tacos and keep them all separate for each person.

I heat the shells, cook the meat, grate the cheese and cut up the veggies. Then I put it all in bowls on the table and everyone other than DS makes their own.

Last edited by mccaroline; May 28th, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: That darned there, their, they're thing
May 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I think that's the way its supposed to be done...but I like my cheese melted and my mom always did it that way so I just copied her

I am off to bed! Cam stayed down so I am going to try and catch a bit of sleep before his next wake up...where I am going to attempt to not nurse him...wish me luck!!!!
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
May 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Good luck! Hope you get some sleep. I do not miss weaning!

DH just left for the night so I'm also heading to bed. He gets 5 days off after tonight!!

May 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Good luck, Jess!

Hooray for your DH's time off!

I'm heading to bed soon too, but DH is trying to talk me into watching Revolution. I'll probably cave
May 28th, 2013, 08:32 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Good luck, Jess.
May 29th, 2013, 04:23 AM
That was a long night. DS apparently doesn't like thunderstorms. Unfortunately for me the storms started at about 1:30/2:00am and didn't end until after 4:00am.

And this morning is picking up right where last night left off for the girls with attitude and yelling. What a lovely day.

May 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Its supposed to storm all day here. Luckily so far thunder doesn't bother Cam...I think after dog barking nothing bothers him Bama is usually quiet but she randomly barks and it doesn't faze him. Sorry you had a rough night.

Last night was a big fat fail. And we were up at 5...I dozed until 7:30 while he played around the bedroom. Ugh.

Hope he at least naps well today!

Save
Save
Save
May 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry you girls had rough nights! Hope the attitudes change, Caroline! And that Cam naps well, Jess!

It was a rough night at our house too, Sophia was up from 2 until 4, and then Hannah woke up at 5:20 and didn't sleep much after that.
May 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry ladies I suck....totally forgot about the post a thon . My parents were here.

May 29th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Its not near the full moon, what is up with these little ones!

It is SO sticky here today.

Its ok Chrystal! Life happens! We'll do something again

Save
Save
Save
May 29th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Enjoying a much-needed cup of coffee
May 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Coffee is always needed!!!

Well, 45 minutes to get him down for a nap. He's going through that phase where he resists them. Apparently it shouldn't last more than a week, but we're on day 2 and I'm already exhausted. He throws his paci out of the crib...I attach it to him but he gets it off. And then screams hysterically until I come, give it back, lay him down. Walk away. Repeat. For FORTY minutes. Ugh.

Save
Save
Save
May 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh man nap time from you know where going on here, everyone is fighting it! finally 2 out of 3 are sleeping

May 29th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Well so much for this daycare kid. I have no idea what is going on, the mom won't talk to me, dc kid has been sick for yesterday and today then I get a message this afternoon that this is her last week and I won't have her past Friday. I'm left scratching my head. It's almost as bad as the neighbour who asked me at the beginning of the month to look after her dd every morning and get her to school on time, left her with me for a Thursday and Friday then never sent her again, called or anything.

Seriously if there's an issue talk to me, because I'm left under the impression that everything is all going smoothly then a family is gone with no notice. I can only think I'm doing something wrong with my daycare, but unless a family will actually talk to me I'm not sure what it is.

May 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
thats frustrating! I would come out and ask them, it could be nothing that you are doing and completely their issue, but id want to know if something wasnt working out, so i could think about changing that

May 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I sent the mom back a message right after the one she sent me and asked what was up but I haven't received a response. The family from the beginning of the month told me their daughter was sick the Monday and Tuesday the week following the Thursday and Friday I had her and that they would call me when she was heading back to school. I haven't heard from them since.

May 29th, 2013, 04:52 PM
That's messed up. They should be honest! Is it possibly because you're moving?

Ugh. Cam slept for 45 minutes, and has now been screaming for an hour and 10 minutes. We have held, rocked, bounced, nursed....I am at my wits end! This is the 2nd time today. No teeth coming in that I can see, no issues in terms of temp in his room, dry diaper...I don't know what else to look for!

Save
Save
Save
May 30th, 2013, 07:14 AM
My assumption is that it's because I'm moving and they have found someone else who can start immediately, maybe someone who charges less than me. But it would be nice if they are honest and just told me that. I was to be done at the end of June anyways, but more than 48 hours notice would have been nice, I was counting on that extra money for our move.

We're meeting with our realtor this morning. Not looking forward to it.

May 30th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I hate how inconsiderate people can be. Why would she switch for a month? A waste on her part.

How was your meeting?

It is SUPER sticky again...it wants to rain but wont!

Save
Save
Save
May 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm super annoyed with her right now.

Not impressed with our meeting, but in the end we still need to sell this house so we've relisted with a lower price.

Sticky here too, it down poured for like 5 min and that's it. Now it's sticky again.

I had to go pick DD2 up from school, her rash is getting worse not better. I don't know why, her sister's cleared up and is pretty much gone. I'd already been to the school twice, once because she forgot her sun hat, then to bring her Benadryl, now to pick her up. I may not even bother to take her tomorrow if she's like this again. I've left a message for her doctor but haven't heard back yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search