~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay! Its Friday! And its nice out!

So my shoulders are really badly sunburnt. I slathered Cam in sunscreen yesterday but I didn't do myself. I will be doing myself today!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
I hope to clean up my garden a bit today.

Also going to look at minivans. I never wanted a minivan but with 4 growing kids and their hockey bags I am running out of room.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
My friend LOVES her minivan - she has a Dodge Caravan. We had a Suburban growing up with 5 kids!

Horrible horrible horrible morning. Went to walk up to my parents. We were almost half way there, and this dog on a leash lunged at Bama, who was also on a leash. When we turned on to the path, the owner pulled the leash on his dog shorter so I did the same with Bama (as that indicated to me the dog wasn't friendly). The dog had her by the neck and I and the other owner got them separated, he laughed it off and walked away. I had Cam upset in his stroller (he hates being stopped). So I started moving to calm him down, and then looked at Bama. She had a hole in her neck where the other dog's teeth got her. The other dog and owner was gone. I looked and couldn't figure out which way they went (we were at the beginning of a path...not sure if they went right or left on the street, they were gone). Took me an hour and a half to get a hold of DH...I wasn't sure if I should take her to the vet and depending on what they would need to do to her, I definitely could not hold her down. So he was able to leave work, come get her and take her to the vet. They just finished, they cleaned it out, she's on antibiotics for 10 days...no stitches though. And she should be fine to go swimming on the May long weekend. But I wish I had inspected her first and realized she was hurt, and gotten their information. We have a lovely vet bill now. I am still upset

Jess
May 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no that is SOOO upsetting! I am an animal lover, don't get me wrong.. Thank god it was the dog and not Cam! It really really really bothers me when an animal attacks another animal, and the owners do nothing about it, or seem to make excuses or just like in this case walk away!
Dh's aunt had a dog (a bully breed) that attacked my MIL's dog (a lab) and she had some pretty serious wounds (that did eventually heal)... well Dh's Aunt kept saying that it was the lab's fault, and if the kids had of been playing near by the dog would have never attacked (when someone mentioned that dh's cousins, who were only about 4 and 6 at the time were lucky to have not gotten in the way) because she has control like that yada yada yada... There were so many red flags, and sure enough less than a year later the dog attacked the 4 year old girl and had to be put down... It was obviously devastating to everyone, but I just don't understand ignoring that kind of behaviour in the first place! It's horrible that you are stuck with the vet bill now too! Could you make a police report with the man and dog's description, just so they have record incase anything like this happens again?

It is so beautiful out today! only +4, but sunny! DH is building me a new garden bed, and I tilled all the soil in the old one! I am looking forward to getting some progress made on that front before baby arrives!

May 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh your poor pup! I hope she heals quickly. It really bothers me when people don't control or take responsibility for their animals.

It's such a beautiful day here today, 24 and sunny! Both girls are having friends over after school and I have a couple of chickens out that I'm putting on the BBQ for supper.

Tomorrow the kids and I are going to an Irish Feis and we have 2 showings.

May 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
DH is out driving around hoping to find the guy. The dog was pretty distinctive, very muscular rotti, its tail was incorrectly cropped - it was about 5 inches long? It was weird. As much as I hope DH finds him, I doubt he will - I'm out all the time and I've never seen this dog before. At the very least, we want the vet bill covered. Poor girl did amazing at the vet - they were pouring saline solution in to wash it and she barely flinched, they were amazed. She's obviously in a bit of pain now though.

Yup, VERY glad it wasn't Cam or me. I have no idea what sparked it, we were pretty much past them. It sucks because I was like ''should I go up the street or up the path?' and decided on the path...this could have been completely avoided if I took the other way. But what's done is done. We just hope she isn't freaked out by other dogs passing her now.

I can't believe its only +4 there Kalynn!!! Hope it gets warmer soon!

BBQ chicken...mmmm. Good luck with the showings!!!!

I bought Cam a life jacket today It has Mater from Cars on it!!! We should be boating on the May long weekend so I wanted to make sure I got one

Jess
May 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh no Jess your poor dog, i hope DH is able to find him

We spent most of the day outside, the kids were so tired they all went to bed at 6 pm! Oh and my friend had her baby boy this AM, hes so precious

May 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Oh and Bama is a bully breed, but she's terrified of the next door neighbour's chihuahua she's a softie.

Yay for babies!!!!! What name did she choose? Yay for early bedtime too!

Bedtime soon here, I just had a relaxing bubble bath and finished one of my favourite books - Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult.

Jess
May 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love that book!!!!!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Super Mommy
Yikes! Sorry about your dog Jess, but im glad she is alright. I would be so freaking mad!

Im still sour about big brother finale. I dont think I will watch next year if there is one. I will deffo be watching the american one though
May 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Oh no! Your poor dog. I hope she gets better soon.
May 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope Bama is feeling better!

Baked bread, granola bars, and homemade pizza pockets last night. Got the kitchen totally cleaned except the fridge, and I'll finish that today. So far this morning I washed and folded towels, did dishes, made more bread, swept, and had the kid's make their beds. Now we're heading outside
May 4th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be productive today, I will be productive today, I will be productive today......... yeah I'm not gettting outta bed for at least another 2 hours!!!

May 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I wish I was still in bed!

Ran up to town a few minutes ago, to drop Alyssa's hairbows at a couple of places they said she could sell them at (She's raising money for Relay for Life), and got some gardening supplies. We didn't get the ground tilled, so we're just doing a container garden this year.
May 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Holy Chantelle! Busy busy!

Stay in bed Kalynn! Not much longer till you can't! Cherish it!!!!

Hi Kelly

Went to a mom2mom sale this morning with my friend who's due in Aug, she is team green so bought some gender neutral stuff, some boy stuff and some girl stuff. Cam got a few things as well Now off to use some coupons at the mall!

Jess
May 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
There was a mom to mom sale here this morning too, there was a town wide yard sale just a few minutes away from me, and there was the Irish Feis. I choose to take the kids to the Feis while showings were going on. Big mistake. Within less than half an hour they started whining and complaining and they were hungry (despite the fact that they had just finished eating before we left the house), they didn't want to be there, it was too loud, etc etc etc. I was really hoping to watch the little wee girls dance, as in the 2 and 3 year olds since they were so cute, but DH decided enough was enough and we left. At least we got to see two of our friends dance before we had to go.

May 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Sorry your plans didn't work out

The hole in Bama's neck is closed! Yay! That's the first step to it healing!

Other than that, nice relaxing night in tonight - DH will be working on my truck at his friend's house so I get to control the TV

Jess
May 4th, 2013, 06:44 PM
My poor little man looks like he was in a bar fight. He fell on the sidewalk and skinned both his knees then with some help of his older sister he was riding his trike and fell off busting his lip and then to top it off he was playing in the back yard and got too close to his other sister on the swing set and got her foot in the face giving him a cut eye and nose. I want to wrap him in bubble wrap.

May 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Oh no!!!!! Poor little guy!

Cam's knees are red from crawling in shorts instead of pants. I felt bad for him for that, but your DS is much worse!

Its 11, I should be going to bed, but DH isn't home yet and I don't want to...but I should. lol

Jess
May 5th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh no caroline! poor kiddo, i hope hes feeling better today

not much happening here, lazy sunday, maybe lounge around in the back yard with the kids this afternoon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search