~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Laundry and groceries here today. Last night was an awful night for sleep, so not sure how productive I'll be.

Watching old school cartoons on TeletoonRetro this morning

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Today we are going to a small animal sale, DD#2 and I. We are selling a rabbit and donkey and who know what we will be buying DD#2 has been up since 7 wanting to go. The auction starts at 11:00 but we will get there around 10:00 unless she gets her way

May 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would be a very dangerous sale for me, I have a soft spot for animals.

So much for DS having a better day. He fell off our brick stairs at the back of the house tonight head first onto the patio stones. He's now sporting a good sized goose egg that is missing some skin. Would it be wrong if I put in him in a helmet with face mask when I take him out to play?

May 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh my gosh Caroline your poor boy cant get a break! you need to wrap him up in bubble wrap i think

May 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
awww poor little guy, I agree bubble wrap and a football helmet is needed! At least until he heals a little.

Today is my other baby girls birthday, I honestly though she was turning 6 for some reason, but my baby is 7! Am so in denial atm
May 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Trust me, I've been considering it!

May 5th, 2013, 05:46 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Your son sounds comparable to my oldest daughter! That girl is always beating herself up!
May 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Alright, so moms of accident prone kids, how do you deal with the comments? I am seriously going to have to restrain myself from saying something smart to the next well meaning stranger who comments "Oh my God! What did you do to your child?"

May 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I was accident prone! Although maybe not as much as your DS

Kelly, a friend of mine wrote on facebook a happy 8th birthday to his daughter. An hour later, that post was gone, and a happy 7th birthday post was there

Got my internet back!!!! Posting in the other thread about my awesome neighbour!

Jess
May 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my kids are sooooooo accident prone and clumsy, always have cuts or bruises they don't even remember how they got. Even MIL will make comments about it " OMG how did that happen?" LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 6th, 2013, 05:28 AM
id probably punch someone if they asked me what I "did" to my child. Im lucky mine havent had many bad injuries

May 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM
LOL! I haven't wanted to punch anyone when they say it, yet. DH responds with "you should see the other guy!" What I want to say is, "I beat him daily", but I think that would get me a visit from CAS, so I've been letting DH respond because I seriously have a hard time with people who automatically jump to the conclusion that I would do this to my child. He's a toddler who likes to explore everything, climb anything and get into whatever he can.
sweety_pie likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 06:13 AM
i like your Dhs response, thats clever

May 6th, 2013, 08:10 AM
That's frustrating!!! I like the 'I beat him daily'...I'd love to see someone's response to that!!!! But in all seriousness, usually I would trip or something right after...proving my clumsiness hahaha!

Waiting at the dentist....what a way to start the week.

Jess
May 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
oh man i hate the dentist! hope its just for a cleaning jess

May 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hope the dentist goes well, Jess!

The "I beat him daily" sounds like something I would say My daughter is old enough now that she jumps in with "I was running reeealllllyyy fast and I tripped, ran into the flag pole, and then landed on my head" or something else lol. When my DS broke his leg though, we got a few comments

At work today and it's beautiful outside!
May 6th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bahahaha Your son sounds a lot like my middle brother! Very accident prone. My mom once told a stranger "I pushed him into oncoming traffic, but the **** kid just bounced right off the hood!" that REALLY shut her up!

My mom has all kinds of stories about people threatening her with calling CFS... Once for yelling at my brother in the Co-op! This lady marched right up to her and said something along the lines of "I saw the way you are treating your child, I'm going to call CFS, and they'll take him away" yada yada yada... my mom, the after hours social worker, pulled the cell phone (before people carried cellphones every day) that was connected to the CFS line and told her to go right ahead!

My brother also grew up doing really wonderful things when he was being admitted to hospital for random injuries (he drank lamp oil at 1 yr, burnt his hands really badly at 2, by the time he was 12 he had all kinds of hospital visits because of trampoline, bmx, other random stunt injuries!) he would walk around in public trying to embarras my mom, by saying things like "hit me like you do at home, mom"... it's funny now, but I can see how it would have looked then!
mccaroline likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Oh man! I love the pushed him into traffic response! That's the best!

Is it wrong that I just started up the BBQ to cook a single hotdog for myself for lunch?

May 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
heck no! i love BBQ, i turn ours on to make my lunch all the time
mccaroline likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
My husband is cheap and stubborn and when he's tired he becomes even more so. He's outside trying to make our 11 year old push lawn mower that has a hole in the gas tank and a broken safety cord work so he can cut the grass. I pointed out that there is a really nice band new one on sale at walmart and that with his discount and the sale it's really affordable, but he's insisting we can get at least one more summer out of the one we have. I've given up, there's no point in trying to reason with him right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search