~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh good grief it's running. Speaker wire to fix the safety and apparently if you only put a small amount of gas in it at a time it doesn't get to where the hole is and doesn't run out. I'm never going to get a new lawn mower.

May 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
One word.... Sabotage lol. I hate how men can be cheap like that!
mccaroline likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
OMG I was dying laughing at "hit me like you do at home mom"

I second sabotage! Or maybe it can get "lost" in the move?

The dentist was just a cleaning...and no cavities

Off to do Ripped in 30 by Jillian for the first time!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yay no cavities!

May 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Well we did it, we found a dance DD2 likes! The smile on that girl's face tonight when she tried the dance was amazing. We went to the highland dance studio tonight, we were told she would just get to watch because this is a competitive class and the girls in it have been dancing since they were 3, so definitely not beginners. After we got there they asked DD1 to join in, unfortunately she was not dressed for it. She was in a t shirt and jean shorts. It didn't seem to matter though, she tried it out with them, the teacher took her hands to help her with the jumps and she was the happiest little girl ever. We also found out it's really affordable at this school so we're signing her up.

May 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Yay!!!! That's awesome to hear!!! So exciting!

Ripped in 30...Jillian's voice is even more annoying!!! wow I didn't know that was possible!!!

Jess
May 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! I did Highland dancing when I was little!!! I really loved it, it was way cooler than tap to be able to dance over swords!!!

That Jillian is such an itch with a B, but dang, she's good!

May 7th, 2013, 05:24 AM
It's a pretty awesome school. It's run out of this lady's house, she has built a loft for the parents where the kids can't see us but she has a camera/tv set up so we can see the kids practice. She has a tassimo with tea and coffee set up as well as bottles of water for the parents up there, a bulletin board for notices and a binder for used costume sales. Can you tell I've never done this dance thing, this could be totally normal and I'd never know. I was impressed at how comfortable she made DD2 as well because she can be a shy little girl, but the teacher took her hands, let me stay in the room for some of the class until DD felt comfortable, talked her and me through the steps and was very encouraging to DD. It didn't take long before DD was smiling and trying steps on her own. I knew half way through the class that she had found something she wanted to do. When we left she was holding her head up high and was smiling telling me how much fun she had. After the Irish dance we tried last week and when we tried ballet she hung her head and just quietly walked out. Even my DH who usually takes his time to discuss and think about things handed me a pen and told me to sign the forms to get her a spot, so I emailed the teacher last night saying yes we'd like to join for the fall and I'm putting the forms in the mail this morning.

May 7th, 2013, 06:25 AM
That sounds like an awesome place!

Where I taught, parents could peek in the door of the one studio (there was 2 rooms), and definitely no Tassimo! But I love the welcoming atmosphere, that makes a huge difference Sounds like you found a wonderful place.

Holy my arms are sore from Ripped in 30...maybe I'll get some definition in my flabby arms!

Such a beautiful day here again! I think we'll go for a walk, but I have to leave Bama at home She's not healed enough to wear a collar yet.

Jess
May 7th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
That studio sounds fantastic caroline! i danced as a child and the studios i used did not have anything that fancy

still loving the nice warm weather here too, im thinking a walk with the boys this afternoon

May 7th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have never heard of ripped 30, is it close to the shred ?

DD#2 bought a lionhead rabbit at the auction the other day, so, we have this tiny bunny in the house . We should be having 2 sets of baby lionheads rabbits in a week !!

May 7th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Beautiful day here again too. I should walk to the post office to get my change of address cards but I don't know if I'm that ambitious yet. It's bugging me to be inside though because I can't have any of my windows open without DS pushing though the screens.

Aw, bunnies! I love bunnies, I had two when I was a kid, they used to go to bed with me then when I was asleep my mom would put them in their cage for night. DH won't let me have any bunnies, he doesn't like them.

May 7th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was gorgeous here yesterday!!!I sat outside a few times! Today I'm heading up for my 38 week (EEEEEEE-freaking-EK!) appointment at the midwives, and hopefully I'll pick up some groceries. What I really want is a pedicure, so if I can find a place in the closest city that can get me in asap I might just treat myself!

May 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Ripped in 30 is like 30DS part 2 lol.

Awww, bunnies are so cute!

Yay for good weather for everyone!

Hope you get your pedi Kalynn!!!! My sister is taking me for one after Mothers Day as a gift from her

Jess
May 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
DH is off today, so we're working on changing our address for what we can and setting up utilities for the new house. None of the utilities can find our new house! The tell us the street doesn't exist! Ummm, it is one of the original houses in that town built at the turn of the century. Why can no one find our house? I know it exists, I've been there.

May 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM
that's frustrating Caroline! And weird! Hope that gets sorted out soon!

We went for a walk at a public park near us that has a pond and animals (llamas, deer, mini ponies, and some other random stuff). It was nice

Jess
May 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Got the Pedi! It was soooo worth every penny for the massage chair and foot rub, but they put my shoes back on before it was totally dry and the colour rubbed off a little.. to be honest I didn't really care. It just felt soooo good

May 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
That's too bad about the colour, but I'm glad you got to relax for a bit and feel good!

May 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I got a mani and pedi like 2 weeks before my due date. I was debating going back just for the massaging chair!!!

My friend had her baby today she wasn't due till the 10th, but had a looonnng labour, with her water breaking 28 hours before her daughter was born, and leaking before then. I'm glad they let her go that long since she didn't have a c-section She's just shy of 7lbs and absolute perfection Now I have a friend due on the 14th, and then another friend due July 24 (please keep her in your thoughts, she's now on strict bedrest for a weak cervix), and my best friend is due Aug 13. Its going to start raining babies!!!

Jess
May 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Exciting for your friend!!!! Lol I totally started humming 'It's raining men".... and song stuck in head problems begin! Thanks for that!

My midwife said today jokingly 'this is a good weekend for me'.. because she is on call... I want to clean the house really well (tomorrow afternoon, please hold me to that) and this weekend I'm supposed to be making a bunch of freezer meals with one of my best friends who is coming out for a visit... but after that I'm ready to start chugging the RRL tea, and eating pineapple etc etc... man my tune is changing about having this baby!

IT must be the nice weather! Also I almost hit a giant tortoise on the hwy on my way to the appointment... I can't figure out what it was doing on the road! It was insanely big!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search