~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Its raining men! Hallelujah its raining men!

We have turtle crossing signs by some swamps here, and when DH's cousins from Australia were here, they took pictures of the signs

Apparently 5:45 is an acceptable wake-up time for Cam for the 2nd day in a row. Not cool!

How long have you been taking the RRL tea and how much? I did one cup a day from 34-36 weeks, 3 cups from 26-38 weeks and 3 cups from 38 - 40 weeks when he was born. And had a relatively quick labour. It didn't help him show up early though. Walk!!! And because you have something planned, he will probably make his appearance this weekend I hope things start for you soon!!! Almost 39 weeks is a good time

Have your DDB come update us here!!!! (I'm assuming you have one in your PR?)

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just started drinking it this week, I have about 2-3 cups (depending on the day) and don't feel any different from it at all! I really enjoy the flavour though, so I figure I'll stick with it and see how it goes. I'm up for almost anything to increase my chances of an easier/faster labour... except eat Dates.. I flipping hate dates!

May 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yuck! You like the flavour of RRL tea? I thought it was horrible! My MW and I were coming up with all sorts of things I could put in it just to get it down. It was worse than cough syrup for me.

We don't have turtle crossing signs around here, but it's very rare that we ever see one either and I've never seen a large one, just little wee ones.

More raining babies, a friend of ours just had her little girl this morning. A little peanut at 6lbs 7oz.

May 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ive never tried RRL tea, im not a big tea drinker, i like green tea with honey but thats about it.

May 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Ugh for the RRL, I waited until it was luke warm and downed it as fast as I could. My friend recommended adding honey and that made it worse!

I wasn't a big tea drinker until I was pregnant and couldn't have 5 coffees a day Now I enjoy my tea. The only way I made it through the mornings in my first trimester was peppermint tea.

Yay for babies!!!!

Jess
May 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I did the same thing with the RRL tea, waited for it to be cool enough to chug back quickly and then just downed it while holding my breath.

Well, Rogers found us, we have a phone number for the new house now. Union gas still can't find us. Their comment, well you just have a gas furnace and fireplace so we really don't need to locate you until September when you start needing heat.

May 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That's so strange that they're having such a hard time finding you!

I've never tried RRL tea, but I've always heard terrible things about the taste.

I ran over a skunk last night, and now my car stinks *gag*.. I'm at work right now, heading home in an hour or so though!
May 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Rogers came and properly repaired our cable line! DH was smoothing the dirt out so we can put new grass down...and the darn line was right there again! The guy buried it not 2 inches. Oh my. So DH dug a trench and put it more like 8''.

And then our neighbours on the other side, they tore down part of their fence (its theirs), and aren't replacing it. Awesome. Now we still can't let Bama out in the backyard. We asked if they want to go splits and and they don't (they have a pool and have another fence like 8 feet into their property line), which sucks because when we first moved in, we had agreed when it was time to replace the fence that we would go splits. DH is super mad, but we really can't do anything. And we can't afford to do it ourselves right now after doing the other side (we have a super deep backyard - about 125ish feet). And then they would still profit from it. Boo to them!

Jess
May 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I'm in pain! It was raining here and my driveway is still wet. DS decided he wanted to take off and go play in a puddle. I ran after him since he was heading away from the house. I'm too old to run on wet ground while wearing flip flops. I slipped, heard a pop in my shoulder and now I'm sitting here in so much pain it actually feels like it's burning, my lower back hurts too, but not nearly as much as my shoulder right now.

DD1 comes to get me, helps me in the house and sits me on the couch then tells me she's going to get me a hot pack and a drink when DH stops her and sends her up to bed since it was getting late and told her he'd look after me. Guess what, he plopped his tush on the couch and I still don't have a drink or a hot pack. I should have let DD1 stay up.

May 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm glad you finally got Rogers out to your place to fix it. They were just at our place yesterday to burry our temporary line that they put around our fence 6 years ago when we moved in. I noticed they don't burry it very deep.

That sucks about the fence. I'd be mad too.

May 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM
what a pain! we have to redo one side of our fence this year, thankfully its with the good neighbours and we are splitting it (neither of us are sure who really owns the fence but we both agree its ugly LOL) i want to redo the fence on the other side too, its even uglier but that neighbour is a cranky old lady and shes not going to split the cost, and she will complain to us the whole time, so im putting that side off for now

tell your Dh to get your darn drink! i hope you feel better soon

May 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Morning ladies!! Have my Anatomy scan today! Can't wait to see my little baby!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 9th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Eeeee! Love scans! Come share pictures after!

Boo to your DH! I would have said something right away! I hope your shoulder is feeling better

I think the timing of them pulling down the fence is super frustrating...their son pulled it down Tuesday and the posts for the fence on the other side that we're splitting with the other neighbour went in on Wednesday. Grrr!

I love Thursdays, its Babytime at the library

Jess
May 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I'm sorry your neighbors are being a pain about the fence Have fun at the library!

I hope your shoulder feels better!

Enjoy your scan!

Popping in from work, waiting for someone to come pick up an order.
May 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Stiff and sore this morning. At least it's not the burning pain that it was last night.

We have a very hot grumpy mess of a little boy this morning. He didn't sleep worth anything last night and now all he does is run in circles crying.

Have fun at the u/s!

May 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
love u/s pics

Really wind here today, so we will not be able to work with the 4-h steers again . But DD#1 is helping DH fence today !

May 9th, 2013, 09:16 AM
So last night was AMAZING! Cam only woke up once from the time I went to bed at 10:30. Holy cow! And then this morning before Babytime, he didn't want to nap, so his first nap is now, instead of like 8:30/9ish. I bet tonight won't be as good

Its supposed to go up to 26 this afternoon...going for a nice long walk with my friend and her 20 month old

Jess
May 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Yay!! We have power! Got it turned off yesterday morning for DH to cut some trees around our hydro lines. Work was finished by 5:30 but Hydro One refused to turn it back on until today because it wasn't an emergency. Apparently, the hydro one lady does not live in the middle of the woods with four kids.

We are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon -- with our luck it will knock out the hydro again.

Good luck at the scan today.

Hope the shoulder feels better.

Yuck a skunk, I hope your car airs out quickly
May 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
glad you got your power back, i cant believe they wouldnt turn it back on yesterday for you!

i was worried it was going to be really gross and rainy today since it wasnt looking to nice this Am, thankfully its sunny now, so after nap we can go out and play, the boys were driving me nuts inside, they need the open space!

May 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Sounds like you got some good sleep last night, Jess!

I'm glad your power is back on now!

It's pouring rain now, going to make for a long drive home from work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search