~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's nuts they wouldn't turn your power back on! What about your fridge/freezer etc?

Yay for nice weather! We had a wonderful walk Boo to your rain though Chantelle.

Not sure how Cam will sleep tonight...he JUST went down for his 2nd nap....I think I'm going to wake him up by 4:30 at the latest...this is bizarre!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hate strange nap days! sometimes i think they throw me off more than the kids

May 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been located! We have union gas and hydro set up for the new house now. I also went and got our PO box today. It's all becoming more and more real now. We also went and got paint chits to choose colours. Now if only this house would sell.

May 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Sending house selling vibes your way!!!! I hope it happens this weekend.

ONE HOUR to put Cam down. Why does he do this on the nights when DH is away?!? I really hope its not an every 1.5 hour type of night!

Oh and now I am enjoying a caramel macchiato in my BETTY BOOP MUG!!!!! They came today!!!! The travel mug isn't a screw top (just a push down), which I didn't realize, but I'm sure it will be fine...they just make me nervous!

Jess
May 10th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Hope Cam slept last night

We are going to have.......baby ....... bunnies!!! It should be any day now and they have built their nests .

May 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
aww baby bunnies! super cute, make sure you post some pics when they arrive

May 10th, 2013, 07:10 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
That's nuts they wouldn't turn your power back on! What about your fridge/freezer etc?

Yay for nice weather! We had a wonderful walk Boo to your rain though Chantelle.

Not sure how Cam will sleep tonight...he JUST went down for his 2nd nap....I think I'm going to wake him up by 4:30 at the latest...this is bizarre!
Thankfully we have a generator so we kept alternating what was plugged in. We are also on well water so we need electricity to flush, wash etc.

I am so glad I am past the nap fight stage. How was last night?

Baby bunnies, how fun!!!

Off to pack DH and DS suitcase for their weekend away.
May 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
DS is going to drive me crazy! He won't stop touching things and getting into things he shouldn't be in. I can't leave him to even go to the washroom without him doing something he shouldn't. He crushed a whole bag of crackers into my couch cushions when I went to answer the phone. He has found his sister's hat that she left out and is trying to step on it to crush it, he got into the craft drawer and has thrown everything he could get his hands on out of it including opening a package of pompoms to throw them one by one. I need 6 more hands today.

Glad you have a generator. We're debating getting one when we move. It scares me that utilities think we don't exist, can you imagine how long it might take to get power back if it goes out?

I love baby bunnies!!!!

Hope you got some sleep last night Jess.

May 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
oh man Caroline! I think your little guy would get along with my Will, his fave things to do are all things he knows he shouldnt, and he ALWAYS does them when im not looking, hes sooo sneaky

May 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sounds like we have a matching pair! That would be one interesting play date!

He's finally asleep and I am going to eat before cleaning up, but all I really want to do is have a nap too.

May 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I went on a hot air balloon ride this morning and it was awesome!
Countrymom4 likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
That's so cool! I've always thought that would be fun, but I'm terrified of heights so it's not going to happen for me.

DS and DH are trying to sleep and my neighbours have decided to host band practice. I'm not impressed and it's taking a good amount of self control not to go yell at them. 35 days.

May 10th, 2013, 04:42 PM
a hot air balloon thats sooo cool!!!!

i would go over and yell at the neighbour, but im mean like that. Once the guy 2 houses down was working in his garage at like 1 am, and i mean like full on power tools, i was like 2 seconds away from filing a noise complaint on him when his wife started ripping him a new one LOL i figured that was punishment enough and the noise stopped, its never happened since

May 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yay for baby bunnies!!!!

I would LOVE to go in a hot air balloon! My best friend got engaged in one, super cute!

Things Cam has done in the past 2 days: washed his hands in the toilet, washed his hands in the dogs water bowl, climbed into the kitchen cupboard, tried to grab a tiny spider that was in the bathroom, knocked 2 of his mini-sticks off the wall during diaper changes, he has a gash on his cheek from I have no idea what, almost ate wet cat food at my mom's, pulled a giant cookbook off the shelf and almost took of his toes with it....oh my, I could keep going, those are just what I remember! He'll be 9 months on Sunday...I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better

Last night's sleep wasn't too bad, not great but not too bad. He went down relatively easy tonight so I'm guessing tonight will be bad...we'll see!

Jess
May 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Oh yes, it will get worse. I'd almost pay to go back in time when the worst things he did was play in cat water and toilet. The thing with bugs doesn't go away though. DS found an ant that he was playing with today, one of those huge black ones.

Hydro went out just as I finished cooking supper tonight. It would have gone out in the middle of me cooking but for some reason I wanted an early supper tonight. It wasn't too bad only took 4 hours for them to get it back on.

May 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I just got the heebee jeebies reading about the bug. Ugh.

Boo for the power going out, did you guys get thunderstorms? We got a rumble of thunder and that was it.

Went to the market this morning, got all our meat and a good portion of our veggies for next weekend!!!! We're leaving Thursday after dinner (I am kind of upset, its Big Bang Theory AND Grey's season finales and I won't be able to watch till we're back!), and I'll be back Monday afternoon. Cam will be sleeping in the pack n play...so not sure how relaxing this weekend away will be!

Jess
May 11th, 2013, 06:48 AM
We had 6 baby bunnies last night !!! We have one other mother that is any day. Man do they look like little mice

May 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM
LOL! I love how cute baby animals look nothing like they do as adults. My daughters think baby robins look like fat pink worms.

No, we had no storm at all last night. Apparently a few transformers in our area just started smoldering. We originally weren't supposed to get hydro back until this morning so I'm pretty happy they got it all fixed so quickly.

We have showings today and tomorrow. Please let my Mother's Day gift be that our house sells.

May 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Turns out we had 2 showings instead of 1 today which is awesome, even more awesome is our agent just sent us a text to say an offer is coming! I'm a happy woman right now.

Want to make my day even more happy, we've been looking for sandals for the girls for a week now, either they couldn't find something they liked, they couldn't find what they liked in their size or they were just too expensive for me at the one and only store we found a pair they liked and fit. We were at the mall today and had to run into Sears for something else and I saw a display of sandals with a 20% off sign, top it off they were only $20 to start with and I had a gift card for sears. I got both pairs for $21 including tax.

And now as I sit her typing this the sun has come out. Oh what a good day.

May 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
miss counted the 1st batch there is 7 the second rabbit had her babies today We think 4 or 5 and one dead .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search