~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for lots and lots of baby bunnies! Sorry you lost one already

YAY for an offer!!!!! That would be the best gift for you!!!!

Just finished an anti-gravity yoga class at a gym that I won. Holy cow it was hard! I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anti gravity yoga sounds interesting.

If the offer is any good that would be the best gift ever!!

May 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
whats anti gravity yoga? sounds complicated

May 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Basically using a 'hammock' and using your body weight for resistance. I won a class from the radio station (they have a 'mommylicious' club lol).

These aren't from my class but just googled, but here are some of the things I did!!!!

And some of it was easier like this:

And my favourite part of the class, we did this for about 5 minutes at the end. It was completely silent, and I was gently swinging. It was AMAZING! SO relaxing!

Jess
May 11th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I've seen commercials for that advertised at the athletic club. I always thought it looked like fun.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate waiting? Our agent is just on his way over now and I'm actually shaking because he wouldn't tell us on the phone if the offer is good, bad or ugly. I just want to know! Waiting is horrible!

May 11th, 2013, 05:52 PM
that looks so cool! i wonder if they offer it anywhere here

May 11th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Well that offer was a bust. Agent just called us with it because he's tied up with another offer tonight. It's so far below asking plus they want all appliances which means we'd be spending the money to replace them too that it's just not going to happen. I'm sad now.

May 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
im sorry Caroline that stinks about the offer

May 11th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Boo on the offer Caroline Hopefully you get a better one tomorrow! Can you turn it back to them at a higher price?

Yeah, it was at the Athletic Club. I wish I could get a membership there! But its crazy expensive. I have a free week pass though...going to use it after the long weekend since I'll be gone for 4 days lol. There were a few moves I couldn't do, the hammock needed to be pretty much right where my c-section scar is, and it was far too uncomfortable...not sure if it would improve if it was longer than 9 months ago, but I have some serious scar tissue that I didn't even realize until I tried (and failed!) at the moves.

Jess
May 11th, 2013, 10:37 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry Caroline.

That class really looks like fun!

Switched bedrooms with the kids today, and now I'm tired, but of course Hannah isn't!
May 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Yeah, we're sending it back to them with what we consider a more reasonable price and with fewer things added in and a better closing date. I'm not expecting them to agree to it, but I refuse to lose money on this house and then give them all our appliances too.

I didn't think of section scar tissue and being able to do those moves. After 3 sections I have a massive amount of scar tissue, but I never think of it until I go to do something and can't.

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!!

May 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM
We had our offer on this house turned back to us, since they said the appliances came with it automatically, except the washer and dryer which were negotiable. We offered $2000 shy of asking price and wanted the washer and dryer. Well, they turned it back at the same price but no washer/dryer. If it wasn't actually negotiable in the first place, don't say it is...super frustrating!

Why do agents allow people to offer so far below?!?

This class was really the first time my scar had an impact on me. There was a move where you needed the hammock all gathered, and then hold it to your hips and then lean forward and have it hold your weight there...yup, not happening!! I could feel it tugging and there was no way I was putting all my weight on it!

Happy Mother's Day!!!! Hope you are all getting spoiled in some way today

Jess
May 12th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Had a great day. slept in, DH made a big breakfast and had the kids make me cards. Told me to ahead and book a tattoo appointment and now we're watching the Leafs play off game.

Hope everyone had a great day!
May 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Well, as long as they meet all their conditions for financing, insurance and home inspection by the end of the week it looks like our house is sold! It's not a perfect deal in my mind but I want this place sold so I'm willing to accept it. If they come back to us after the home inspection saying they want a price reduction because of some of the work that needs to be done, it's not happening.

The washer and dryer were never put in as even negotiable but they asked for them, we excluded the living room curtains because they match our cushions and such but they asked for them anyways, and they asked for our solar lights from the garden which I hadn't even considered but just assumed we'd take with us. So we got all that taken out of the offer, the closing date moved closer to when we wanted it and we both gave a lot on the price. Originally they came in $13000 below asking.

May 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Yay for great days!

Mine sucked, but tomorrow is another day. Going to stop by my work and show my little 9 month old off after his appointment. I hope he sleeps before the appointment so he's semi happy! And I'm not sure if he gets a shot tomorrow or not But I'm curious how much he weighs since when we had him in for his rash last month, he had only gained 3oz in 2 months and was 18lbs, 2oz....and I weighed him at home the other day (I weighed myself and then again holding him) and it was 20.2lbs...I doubt he gained 2lbs in a month so we'll see what he weighs tomorrow! And I'm debating weighing myself on their scale to see if my scale is off if his weight is significantly different than that.

Trying a new crockpot recipe tomorrow....boneless skinless chicken, chucks of sweet potato, onion and then salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, some brown sugar, and 1/8 of a cup of orange juice. We'll see how this turns out!

Yay Caroline!!!!!!!

$13K below! And a bunch of extras?!?! That's not right. I'm glad you've gotten an offer you can live with though. I hope to hear good news next week!

I thought the home inspection was more so just in case there was something huge hidden? I think you've given lots already! I hope its really just a formality.

Jess
May 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry your day wasn't great, Jess. i hope his appointment goes well tomorrow and he's in a good mood!

I'm Glad you were able to reach and agreement and I hope everything else goes smoothly, Caroline!

The day ended on a good note with Toronto beating Boston! Now onto game seven tomorrow!
May 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
All I can see as issues from the home inspection is that the windows will need to be replaced sooner rather than later, the furnace isn't new and the wiring is aluminum not copper. The first two you can see pretty easily yourself and the wiring we disclosed in the sales agreement if she read it so we're not trying to hide anything. Here's hoping something isn't found that we don't even know about.

May 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow sounds like lots has gone on in the past few days! That zero gravity yoga looks so good to me right now! My body needs a good stretch so badly! I feel like if I could somehow get into the right position my hips and spine would just pop pop pop right back into place. Maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Hoping the home inspection comes back in your favor! I think it's important not to accept below what you are comfortable with in an offer, but we definitely low balled the offer on our house and we got it! However the market out here really allowed for that as some houses spend years on the market just because no one is looking to buy!

I have another midwife appointment tomorrow. No idea what we could possibly talk about as nothing has changed between Tuesday and now!

May 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
The best stretch will be getting that baby boy out of you Maybe something will start tonight!!!!

So Cam weighs 18lbs and 10oz. He's dropped from the 80-85th percentile down to the 40th. They aren't concerned yet, but now I am!!! He's been majorly on the move which I think contributes, but I was planning to night-wean him down to one feeding overnight (and preferably none by the time I return to work), and now I'm second guessing myself.

Oi...I typed this like two hours ago and apparently never hit post lol!

Jess
May 13th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol I think everyone else is more eager than I am to get this baby out!!! If I could just get the last of my projects completed than I'd be ready to get this kid on the move!

If dr. isn't concerned about his drop in percentile than I wouldn't be either. Have you noticed any changes in mood/behaviour or appetite?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search