~*~May Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
You guys made an AMAZING 399 posts in April. That is CRAZY!!!!!

I challenge you to 400 this month. Although we have an extra day over April, there's the long weekend in there, and the nicer weather so we'll all be outside more most likely. But we can give it a shot.

To pick up where we left off...I enjoyed a delicious Tassimo coffee this morning for the first time in almost 2 weeks!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mom picked me up bright and early this morning to go to a new grocery store that just opened this morning. They had some really good opening day specials, but man it was crazy! Seriously, who goes shopping at 8am on a Wednesday morning? Other than me that is. Then we went to a store closing sale and got some great deals on clothes for the girls, like they need it, but I couldn't turn down jeans for $5 and dresses for $9. We also went and looked at 4 wheelers, the girls don't know it yet, but Mom is looking at getting them one to ride around the farm. We found one we liked and of course they didn't have any in stock, just the floor model.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather today!

May 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i swear i have done more walking in the last 2 days then i did all winter! and man on man am i feeling it! clearly im super out of shape... yikes, definitely motivation to get my butt in gear

May 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DDC is exploding with babies!!! PANIC SETTING IN!

In other news, I have a miserable head cold, but I'm making microwave potato chips for the win!

Most random post ever!

May 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
I hope you feel better soon! I cant wait until you have your baby Kalynn, i have 2 other friends also due in may, soo many babies!!! its so exciting

May 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
My DH wants a 4wheeler...because we live in the city and have nowhere to drive it...lol. Exciting for your girls! And YAY for deals!

Bree, take it slow! My sister, my puppy and Cam and I used to walk to Starbucks in Sept/Oct last year (he was born in Aug), and it took us 30-45 min...today we did it in 15. Just keep at it and don't over do it!!!

OMG Kalynn!!!! Crazy!!!! That's what happened with my DDC as well...a good portion of our babies were born in the last week of July....we had a lull the first few days of Aug, and then another boom

I got a bit of a sunburn today and we had sausage on the BBQ for dinner. Spring is FINALLY here!!!!!!

I'm meeting my friend for coffee tomorrow who is due May 10...I am so excited to meet her little girl soon. She is Chinese, and her hubby is Greek (he is also my friend)...they are going to have a beautiful baby!
crunchywannabe likes this.

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I spent a lot of the day outside in the garden, now I'm going to do some baking then go for a walk with Brody

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM
I loved spending time outside. And the next few days are supposed to be the same! yay! DH is going to help his mom open her trailer on Saturday and we're not going...so I need to find something to do that day. Boo

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
im loving the weather, its so nice to be outside all day long, very much needed after the LONG winter we had im looking a little red today too, i should have put more sunscreen on myself i think

May 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Popping in. Today was crazy for me! Went to work and forgot my lunch, my lunch bag is also what I use to keep my pumped milk cold. So I had to run ice cold water in the sink and keep the bottles in there. I had to go out for lunch because I forgot mine, came out of the restaurant and realized that I had locked my keys in my car, with the car running somehow! Had to pay a tow truck to open it. It was nuts lol, but its all good now!
May 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
oh man that sounds like some day! glad its all good now

May 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Good thing today is over for you Chantelle! Get a good night's sleep and tomorrow will be better!

I didn't put sunscreen on me...whoops. Need to pull it out for tomorrow!

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
I need to start walking again, or something. Stress is not good to me and I've gained a lot of weight recently. I used to walk every night after the girls went to bed, then DH started working evening shifts that didn't allow me to do that because I couldn't leave the kids alone, and now I've just gotten out of the habit. Anyone want to come light a fire under me?

May 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man that sounds like quite the day!!!

Dh has been on a kick to lose weight/get fit.. I've been not so secretly sabotaging his efforts, but by the end of this summer I really want to get exercising again! That is if we get a summer..snowed here today!

May 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Snow?!?! Oh my!!!!

I'm on a weight loss kick...I gained weight quitting smoking before TTCing...and we got our bfp on cycle #1 - I thought I'd have time to lose some of it. So I'm still not where I want to be but I'm getting there.

If you want to do it at night Caroline, I'd recommend looking on kijiji for a treadmill or elliptical to start. That's what I do when DH works late and Cam is in bed.

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
yikes snow! keep that in your province

i need the fire lit under my butt too, i fell off the diet wagon and ive been bad bad bad! im scared to get on the scale LOL

May 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
My issue was portion sizes. I had NO clue what a true portion was until I started counting calories. Now I have a much better idea and my portions are much more in check.

Cam just slept for 3 hours and 15 minutes...great start to the night! Unfortunately, it will probably be his longest stretch

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
I had a treadmill, but I gave it away. I won't have room for it in the new house. If the girls would just go to bed and stay in bed I could start walking in the evenings again. Dh is home, he may be napping on the couch but he's home if one of them really needed him.

May 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Even getting outside in the nicer weather will help

I bought Cam a new pair of sandals today. I got him size 4 ones a few months ago, but they are still too big, so I got some size 3W ones. So stinkin cute!

Jess
May 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It took me until my oldest was 15 to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. There was much fluctuating in all of those years, but I didn't shed those last 5 pounds till last fall.

Today was kinda chilly, but our forecast looks fantastic, I hope it's as good as they're promising.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search