AF

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
As I mentioned last week in chat thread, I just found out I have extremely low iron. My Dr asked if my periods are normal. What is normal? What are your periods like?

I was on the pill for ten years then either pregnant or nursing for 9 years. The period that I have now is what I know as my normal. I spot for a couple of days, have moderate bleeding then a couple of heavy days (requiring overnight pads all day), then spot again. Stop for two days and then have a couple days of alternating brown gushing/spotting.

BTW I am 41 so older.
May 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ive only had like 5 or 6 periods since october 2009 (when i got pregnant with my oldest) but for me a normal period lasts about 4-5 days, with about 2 days of heavy bleeding then tapering off to a medium/light flow and then spotting

May 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
my normal is 3-4days of moderate

Thank You tasha_mae

May 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure there is such a thing as normal. Since having DS mine have been starting off very heavy for 2-3 days then light to spotting for another 2-3 days. The only thing they have going for them is they are regular, this is the first time in my life I've been able to predict when AF is coming without being on the pill.

Before DS they were just moderate for 4-5 days but would come one month then not for 2-4 months then I'd get 2 in one month and it was just all over the place.

May 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Mine typically have been 2 days of heavy, one day of nothing (like not even a pantyliner needed), and 2 more days of light. When I wasn't on the pill and when I was. My first post-partum one last month was exactly like that again.

I was also on iron supplements while pregnant...was told to finish the pack after giving birth, and I haven't been tested since.

I guess what we can say from this is there can be a wide range of 'normal'.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't know if there really is a normal, I've only had one in the past almost 2.5 years, but before that it was 1 day light, 2 days heavy, another day light, and then a day or two of spotting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search