Team green?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many ladies here decided to stay team green until delivery day?? I'm having an awful hard time deciding what I should do lol My hospital here WILL NOT tell us the gender, so in order to find out we would have to drive 4 hours to the elective place, pay $175.00 and then drive 4 hours home! So i'm having a hard time deciding if its worth THAT much to know, or should we just wait!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
May 8th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I was going to stay on team green for our 3rd baby, but i caved. That being said if i had to drive 4 hours each way and pay 175 i would not find out.

May 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wait!!! We were team green and I LOVED IT! It was so amazing in the delivery room!

Sorry, I can't remember, do you have one of each already? What would change if you knew? Is it clothing and determining only one name?

We were on team green, and I would do it again in a heartbeat

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah we have one of each, we found out with our son and then had to wait with our daughter (moved to a new area where they won't tell) I LOVED the surprise with my daughter, if was AWESOME after all the hard work to finally hear "It's a GIRL" So I guess the only reason I want to know is for shopping for clothes (gender neutral is hard to come by) and for the name! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
May 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I was team green with my first (they wouldn't tell us) and I loved the surprise! But with my last three I found out, just for planning reasons (and I knew I couldn't wait! lol). If we have another though, I think I'll try and stick it out on team green again
May 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on team green for both our first two, loved it! I planned on staying on team green for our last but then the U/S place gave us an envelope as we were about to leave and told me if I wanted to know to open it and if not to throw it in the garbage on the way out. Well once I had that envelope in my hands I caved and opened it in the parking lot. I have to say I really missed the surprise with our last especially since it was a planned section, it was weird knowing everything about him right down to delivery time before he was born.

May 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We were team green for the first 2 and found out for the 2 boys ! I loved both ways.

Thank You tasha_mae

May 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
We found out for all 4.
May 9th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't find out with my first 4. I tried to have them look with #4 right before she was born but they couldn't tell.
We found out with #5 so that everyone could get over it ahead of time that she was a girl. Dh and I were both happy to have a 5th girl, it's more that we didn't have to hear the stupid stuff people say about it right after the baby was born.
May 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was 110% the right decision for us to find out we were having a boy! That said if we were in your circumstances I would not find out. I wasn't wanting more than 1 ultrasound in my pregnancy (although after some complications wound up with many more) and an 'elective' scan was just not my style, so I would have accepted that they just couldn't tell me at the scan I did have... but I am very grateful and relieved we found out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search