What colour is your....

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Living room?

Dining room?

Hallway?

Bedroom?

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house?

May 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Super Mommy
I live in an apartment and its

white

beige

white

white

and a yellow bathroom.

I hate it but im not going to bother painting lol
May 26th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Living room? Tan

Dining room? Tan

Hallway? Tan

Bedroom? light blue

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house? No we didnt pick them, they were newly painted when we moved in a few years ago, the only rooms we painted are the kids bedrooms (because the previous owners had daughters)

May 26th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Living room? Our upstairs front room is capilano bridge CC-440 Paint - Benjamin Moore capilano bridge Paint Colour Details, while our downstairs TV room is white (we live in a backsplit)

Dining room? louisburg green HC-113 Paint - Benjamin Moore louisburg green Paint Colour Details

Hallway? louisburg green HC-113 Paint - Benjamin Moore louisburg green Paint Colour Details

Bedroom? navy blue

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house? The hallway, dining room and front room we've painted (the dining room was an awful wallpaper that screamed 90 year old, the front room was fuschia...), downstairs is white and we haven't decided what we're going to do there yet (2 years later lol), and our bedroom is still the awful navy blue - we've focused on the other two bedrooms first but ours is on the list for this year.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Currently our entire downstairs except the kitchen, and the hallway upstairs is painted contractors tan. I hate it. In the house we're moving into I guess they used to have very bright colours but their realtor told them to change it so they painted the whole house upstairs and down in a very similar tan colour.

Our bedroom has 3 tan walls and 1 deep red wall. It matches our bedspread so I'm planning on doing the same thing in our new house.

May 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We use all Benjamin Moore Paints. I have never been disappointed with the colour or application of their Aura line. Used the natural VOC free line for Arthur's room and didn't love the way it went on the walls (didn't prime) but the colour was still perfect.

Living room? Ranchwood: ranchwood CC-500 Paint - Benjamin Moore ranchwood Paint Colour Details

Dining room?Lemon Grass: lemon grass 339 Paint - Benjamin Moore lemon grass Paint Colour Details (looks MUCH more green than yellow in person, but changes based on light

Hallway? Mountain Air: mountain air CC-636 Paint - Benjamin Moore mountain air Paint Colour Details air

Bedroom? Metropolis: metropolis CC-546 Paint - Benjamin Moore metropolis Paint Colour Details

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house?
We painted all of the rooms since moving in (other than our spare room, which we'll leave until we need to convert it into a nursery. But the bedroom is the only colour I chose, I actually had my former boss who has an amazing sense of design come out and choose colours for my house a few months after living in it. The master bedroom had to be changed immediately after moving in because it was a really horrible colour that neither of us could live with

May 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Living room? Tan.

Dining room? Tan and orange.

Hallway? Tan (it's really open and kind of part of the living room).

Bedroom? Blue.

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house? They were painted like this, but I like them
May 26th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Living room? Tan

Dining room? same as kitchen a dark yellow

Hallway? tan

Bedroom? DD#1 - pink and orange(bright)
DD#2 - pink, purple and lime green, DS#1 grey(his favorite color is black so this was a compromise) DS#2 a beige( still a babies room) ours...not sure I gotta look same color as the hall tan

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house? we choose the colors

May 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
We only use Benjamin Moore as well, but I used the Aura line in the kitchen, and Ben everywhere else so far with no issues.

Can I just add...our playroom is still builder's PRIMER. The main upstairs bathroom was builder's primer with a boarder which we took down and put in a blue/gray (can't remember the colour and don't know where the can is I keep a strip of everything so far and I can't find that one), the downstairs main floor bathroom is builder's primer. And the back room in the basement is RED (like this red 2000-10 Paint - Benjamin Moore red Paint Colour Details) with a white and black checkered floor...I don't really know how they decided which rooms to decorate.

My house is 25 years old...its so weird they didn't do anything! I see a bare wall and I'm imagining what I can do with it! lol

Jess
May 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I've only ever painted with Behr paint from Home Depot. However the little hardware store in the town where we're moving has offered us a discount on paint, it's Ace Hardware paint which they told us was made by Benjamin Moore and said that they could make any of the Ace colours or Benjamin Moore colours.

Unfortunately, right now every colour we like comes from a different paint company. CIL, Para, Martha Stewart, Olympic, Behr and Ace. I'm in big time trouble.

May 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Living room? Dark grey

Dining room? kinda like terracotta

Hallway? dark grey

Bedroom? dark grey lol

Did you choose those colours or what it painted that way when you bought the house? chose them

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 27th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I'm sure they can match whatever you want. For Cam's room right now, its this pool party 2059-50 Paint - Benjamin Moore pool party Paint Colour Details but they mixed it very slightly lighter so its a custom colour (since they didn't have that exact colour). I don't see why they can't do the same...its just a matter of how they mix it.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search