***June Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh you only did all that today LOL i feel like a lazy butt now

June 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
*raises hand* lazy bum over here too! I was excited I swept, microfibred and washed my floors (to be fair, 80% of my house is floor).

I hope you get a bit of a break soon. Any update on the other house yet?

Boo for non-sleepers. It might be a wonder week! Or the 3 month growth spurt. Cam slept like crap again last night and tonight isn't shaping up to be any better. I bought a blackout shade from Home Depot and he was not a fan at first. But he's been trying to get up with the sun so I hope this helps him sleep a little longer.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 22nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This weekend we're taking a bit of a break, other than trying to get the bathtub actually installed rather than just sitting there.

Tonight we'd like to have a campfire and roast some hotdogs and marshmallows with the kids and tomorrow we're heading to Stratford for the day so no work will get done here. Monday we're back at it full swing. Our goal is to get it done for next weekend so we can move in over the long weekend. I'm going to be working like crazy for the next week, then I can relax.

June 22nd, 2013, 05:45 AM
At least you can begin to relax after that

7:30am and it already feels like 24...going to be a hot one!

We have to go to my SIL to see my nephew for his birthday. I've managed to get Cam to over 10 months old before going over there...was hoping to go longer. She constantly has leaves through her living room that get ground into the carpet. Her dirty dishes are piled higher than my head. It smells like cat pee because her one cat apparently doesn't like the litter box. 2 months ago they got a dog so I don't know what that has added to it...ugh.

Jess
June 22nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Ugg, I thought I was a bad housekeeper! Good luck keeping Cam safe and clean.

June 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Well, we escaped relatively unscathed. Cam tried to pick something out of the carpet several times but I redirected him. He also dropped a cheerio and FIL was faster than me to get it away from him lol. He got a good wipe down when we got home with a Norwex cloth. And my nephew only touched his face once. Now hopefully he didn't catch anything :/ I'm not too over the top regarding germs, but that's not germs there...its disgusting filth...totally different. My niece and nephew are constantly getting sick.

So my parents are in Boston for my cousin's wedding and I'm feeding their cats. The dog and I jogged up there this morning during Cam's nap (DH was home). 3.5km round trip. Amazing. I didn't know I could jog outside!!!!

Jess
June 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
glad you guys survived! her house sounds kinda gross, i know not everyone has the same standards abut what is clean but geez

June 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Your SIL's house sounds nasty!

I've been crazy busy the past few days, now it'll be calm for a couple of days before I have to start getting ready or Sophia's birthday party next weekend!
June 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
The new splash pad is awesome! The girls spent most of the day there and even I got wet while trying to convince DS that it's not scary. It actually felt really good!

I have cleaned this floor so many times and yet it still feels grimy. I'm starting to think that it's my feet, seriously I don't feel like I can get the layer of dust and dirt off of it. It doesn't help we're sanding kitchen cabinets and working with drywall in the bathroom.

June 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Splash pad sounds heavenly! i havent been to the one here since Ross was a baby

June 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
You need to find a splash pad to go to!

My MIL was paranoid that I was letting the girls go by themselves. She sat on our front porch for a long time watching them until she walked over and realized there is absolutely no standing water, the worst they can hurt themselves is by falling on the pavement and skinning a knee. Then she was suddenly all for it.

June 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry ladies I have not had time to read back . We have been running getting ready for our 4-H achievement day, and we run a ball tournament in our hall/ball diamonds in the middle of no where.

Today we were in the city for 4-H show and for the hometown fair, tomorrow is sale day.

June 23rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
ya i like the spash pad because its pretty safe as far as playing in water goes, i will have to take the boys to one as soon as i get a new bathing suit

Chrystal, what is 4H? i know it has to go with animals right?

my ILs got us an ipad and my almost 3 year old is super hogging it! seriously this kid can work the dang thing better than me though

June 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Tired this morning! I've been cleaning all morning and haven't even made a dent in it! DH goes back on night shift tonight too
June 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Busy busy here! We actually took Cam to a splash pad this morning! He was totally freaked at first, but once we were playing with the more dribbling water rather than spraying water he loooooved it. So refreshing in this crazy heat!

Other than that, just trying to stay cool here!

Hope things are going better for you Caroline! You sound super busy Chrystal! I have never played with an ipad, but would love to lol.

Jess
June 23rd, 2013, 05:38 PM
we just stayed inside all day, i cleaned alot lol

June 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Everything is above like 35 all week. I love it!

I jogged outside tonight...hazard of jogging outside I never thought of - I ate a bug!

My friend is coming for coffee tomorrow and bring her almost 6 week old...squishiness!!!!

Jess
June 24th, 2013, 04:49 AM
you love it when its about 35! whats wrong with you jk tooo hot for me! i want it to be around 18-20 all day every day and id be one happy lady

hope you have a nice visit with your friend, anytime i see a newbie it reminds me that my little one is not so new anymore, it makes me want more

June 24th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I just love the heat. I do only prefer it one day here, one day there...not like 10 days in a row though.

I love newbies! We're starting TTCing next cycle so I'm allowed to have baby fever

Jess
June 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
The things I'll do to get the kids away from us working for a few minutes. I just sent my 2 year old out with my 9 and 6 year olds to go get a slushie from the corner store. Lets hope they all come back in one piece!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search