***June Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 06:35 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm clock. The problem with that was I had no idea that my alarm clock was even at this house let alone where to start looking for it! I had a fun game of 'find the alarm clock before it wakes the kids" this morning. Not quite how I wanted to wake up on the first Saturday of summer holidays.

June 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
At least you have the fun stuff in the cupboards

Hahahaha about the alarm clock! That's something I would do!

Cam went for a nap an hour and a half ago, and I laid in bed and read my book for an hour...amazing! Great way to relax!!! DH's aunt is coming for a visit later, but otherwise nothing else going on today.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
We got another offer today. It was so low that even our agent just told them to go look at some comparables in the area and then come back to us. We're getting more interest now that we dropped the price though, at least people are looking at it again.

June 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Yay for interest! I hope you get a reasonable offer soon. Why would their agent let them submit an offer without looking at comparables? That is frustrating. I'm sorry you ended up having to drop the price though.

So the place where we were planning to see fireworks is still under water Like 3 feet. So it probably won't be happening I'm sad...we had a plan to get Cam down for a bit and everything and then wake him up in time for fireworks (so they don't wake him up). And now he'll have to wait for next year.

Jess
June 30th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Awe that's terrible. Any way you guys can get your hands on a few small ones and just do a little display in your yard? At least it would be something fun for him to see.

I'm heading to the grocery store today, I have a bad feeling it's going to be insane. My mom has offered to keep the kids for me though so that makes it 10x better right there.

June 30th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We are full swing of forage harvesting...so I need your meal ideas to feed a crew ?
I don't feed in the field(44kids and all the food....no) I make them come in but still. Nothing with cream of something soup because of the 2 kids that cant have milk.

June 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Chili!
Hamburgers and/or hot dogs
Potato salad
Grilled Cheese?

Still thinking...

Busy day here today! We went grocery shopping at 7:30am and there was like no one there...its my new favourite time to go! Then I ran 5K during Cam's first nap! Amazing! And then met my friend who's 35 week pregnant for coffee during his 2nd nap...which he woke himself up because he pooped 15 min after I left...and DH couldn't get him back down. Early bedtime tonight!

No special plans here tomorrow...hope everyone has a wonderful Canada Day!

Jess
June 30th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh man did we have a busy week! my parents were here for a week and we didnt stop the entire time! im ready to sleep all day long tomorrow

June 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Hope you get some sleep Bree!

Oh and we can't do fireworks in the backyard...the neighbour 2 houses to the right...she's a bylaw nazi...she calls them all the time...she's a miserable witch. She actually insisted someone come out and measure our neighbour's fire pit...they were far enough away from everything and its all fine but she calls every time they have a fire to complain.

Oh and someone lit one like right behind our house at 2am last night. Scared the crap out of me and Kenny and made Cam cry out (he didn't wake up thank goodness).

Jess
June 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
here people are aloud to light off fire works on canada day, i seriously hate it though. Crazy that your neighbour insisted someone come measure a fire pit! Thats kinda ridiculous

June 30th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah...they're not well liked. Its an older couple, they must be rattling around in the house (the houses here have at least 3 bedrooms - built for families). The husband had a high profile job and suddenly resigned and there is a huge investigation on going. They never talk to anyone. Our neighbour beside them, hung a hummingbird feeder (ie all of not even a quarter of a lb) from the fence...and she flipped and yelled at him. Our neighbour also has a trampoline, and they move it around the yard so as not to get a dead spot and she came over and told him he had to move it since she didn't like his daughter (actually his granddaughter that lives with them) looking at her. Seriously? So glad we aren't right beside them!

I just waited over 5 minutes for my water to boil for my tea. I didn't even turn on the burner I gave up and poured a rum and coke instead LOL.

Jess
June 30th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Yikes! Neighbours are a terrible thing. I've told DH many times that I could move to a mountain and be a hermit and be quite happy.

LOL! That's so something I would do with the tea. I did it with my coffee the other day, couldn't figure out why I had no coffee after about 10 minutes, then realized I forgot to turn it on.

My bathtub is ready!!! My plan is to take a nice long hot bath tonight! I am supposed to be making my dessert for tomorrow's Canada Day party tonight, but the bath sounds like a better idea and I can always make the dessert in the morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search