***June Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 08:19 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a short day! Enjoy your lunch out.

I'm cleaning up for yet another showing right at supper time. Seriously where do these people come from?

June 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
why do people pick such terrible times to view houses!

June 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for a short day!!!

Boo for inconvenient people Hope this one leads to something! I've got my fingers crossed!

So on Monday at swimming, I felt my top let go / stretch out, like the fabric in the part that covers my tummy - it was $16ish at Winners back in like October, I'm ok with it. Its too big for me anyways, I just hadn't found something else that fit better yet. But I found a new one at Winners today!!! It was $30 but it (mostly) fits!!! It is bordering on inappropriate for public but as long as I nurse Cam both sides before swimming next week we will be ok Best part? Its a SIZE 10!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM
yay thats awesome! i need a new bathing suit for this summer, i hate shopping for them though

June 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
That's awesome! I need a new bathing suit too, but I don't like shopping for one and I haven't found anything I like in my size. I think I'll just stay out of the water this year. I don't think I put one on last year either.

June 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
ive been pregnant the last 3 summers in a row so i have a maternity one, maybe i will wear that again, its forgiving LOL all my other suits, even though they fit dont look so nice with the post 3 babies tummy

June 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
My parents have a pool and hot tub, that's the main thing I need one for since we are done with swimming next week.

Ugh. My MIL joined pinterest and started following me. I don't want her to. I hope she just doesn't log on etc. and gets bored of it. I already have done the privacy to death on my FB and still wish there was more I could hide from her. But I don't want ot block her on either one for fear of rocking the boat.

Jess
June 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
You know, there is a good part to having inlaws who don't like you. They don't follow you on anything! Good luck with your MIL.

June 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
just block her and play dumb!

June 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'd like to! Now I feel like I can't pin anything like maternity or infant related...because then she may write on my FB wall or something. I wish I could block her from certain boards. But I spent like 15 min searching for that option and I can't, I'd have to make the board secret meaning no one could see it...which is kinda backwards for Pinterest. Ugh.

On a good note, my Norwex came in...I had FUN cleaning my floor I LOVE the dry mop! It picked up bird feathers and dog hair. LOVE it! Can't wait to do my floors properly tomorrow...I am officially a nerd haha!

Jess
June 5th, 2013, 05:13 PM
strange you cant restrict boards like posts on FB, bummer! hopefully she will get bored of it

June 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah, that's the only problem I've found with Pinterest too, you can't block someone from following you.

I wasn't planning on doing anything for my birthday tomorrow. We have showings, DH is working, and money is tight as we prepare for the cost of 2 houses, so I was making dinner and DH is picking me up a small ice cream cake and it's just going to be the 5 of us. Well, my mom called me all upset that I wasn't hosting a dinner for the family. I explained our situation and she understands but still wants to see me on my birthday, so she invited me out for lunch. Her, Dad, DS and I are now going to Kings Buffet for lunch.

June 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I hope so!

The wind is majorly picking up here. Its supposed to storm tomorrow.

Jess
June 6th, 2013, 04:30 AM
happy birthday caroline! I hope you enjoy your lunch out, i never do anything big for my bday either, im happy if my husband remembers to buy me a little treat

June 6th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Thanks Bree! Usually for every birthday, including my own I make a big meal and have my parents and DH's parents and sisters over. It's more work than it's worth to me and with everything else that's going on I just don't have the time or money to host right now, not to mention the clean up after in time for the next showing. It also doesn't help that one of DH's sisters and I don't get along and I don't feel like dealing with that stress on my birthday.

I'm looking forward to pigging out on Chinese food for lunch. I just hope DS behaves as it will be infringing on his nap time.

June 6th, 2013, 05:14 AM
my kids usually do ok if we are out and doing something around nap time, i think being out distracts them, they are always beasts when we get home though

June 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Happy Birthday and enjoy your lunch out! And I hope your DS behaves! My kids are the same as Bree's if we're out during naptime, they're usually okay until we get back home.

Last day of work for the weekend today! (Well, in the office anyway, I work at home every other day lol)
June 6th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Happy birthday Caroline!!!! See how there was a 13 minute difference between our posts? That's how long stuff was taking to post for me last night. What is going on with JM?!? Its ONLY JM, everything else works fine for me.

Kings Buffet...YUM.

Yay for working from home for the rest of the week!

Jess
June 6th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday!!!! Sorry to go back a little, but I'm thinking even slower these days. Mb doesn't issue wallet size birth certificates. We got one that is so random. It's about 5x7. And the same paper as the new money. My birth certificate was about double that size. The same as our marriage cert. heading to the states today for some groceries. We probably won't worry about getting him a passport until we plan on flying somewhere.... Which dh thinks is a bad idea so likely won't happen until he's an adult

June 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
ya we dont travel out of the country so its not likely going to be an issue, until you end up needing one to cross the border by land

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search