***June Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started calling all the open Target stores in the province today to try to get DD2 the comforter she wants. I started with the ones closest to me and then started spreading out. I found one in Cambridge. They put it on hold for me when they found out how far I was driving to get it and Mom and I are taking a road trip tomorrow morning to go pick it up. Yes I'm slightly crazy to drive that far for a comforter, but I've taken DD2 to every store in the city and she hasn't found anything else she likes and the Target here doesn't have any and doesn't know if or when they'll get more.

All of your suppers sound good. The kids ate crescent rolls and I ate leftover ice cream cake from last night.

June 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
YUM, ice cream cake!

That's crazy coming to Cambridge! I hope you'll have a nice day with your mom That's the closest one to me since the one 5 minutes from my house doesn't open for a while yet, so that's the only one I've been to. Can they not send it to your closest one?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 7th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Apparently not, that would be too easy. I'm just happy they are putting it on hold with my name on it so we don't get there and it be gone, I was told they have 7 though so that shouldn't happen anyways. Hopefully it will be a nice day for a drive tomorrow.

June 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Have a safe drive Caroline!

Watching Toy Story! Even though Cam went for a nap

Jess
June 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I love Toy Story!

It's pouring rain here again today *sigh* I hate these days, there's really nothing to do in our town when it rains!
June 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We had a double sleepover here last night....the girls were up at 6:15

We also went to a homeschool field trip to see tranchulas. It was kind of neat, the man had 20 different kinds.

Thank You tasha_mae

June 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Very cool! I hate spiders though!

One kid down for a nap and one looks like she's going soon.. I need to get some stuff done!
June 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
OMG, I am so freaked out about spiders....I would not have enjoyed that...I feel all creepy crawly after reading that!

I love Toy Story too! I am in the mood to watch Lion King but we don't have it...may hit up Walmart and see if there are any lingering copies left there. I'll even pay $30 *shakes head* outrageous pricing.

Jess
June 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol I remember once in highschool I had a sleepover,I had like 6 friends over, my mom was up at like 4am making us cinnamon rolls for breakfast.... my friends all thought she was amazing and kept commenting how their moms would NEVER get up and do that, even i was a little surprised she did it.... she admited to me later that she had miscalculated timings for them to rise and bake..otherwise she wouldnt have been up in a million years!

June 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Would YOU do that for Arthur?

The sun is finally out! After like a week of overcast! I forgot what it looked like

Jess
June 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't be that nice!

Hannah is so tired, but no way will she nap!
June 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
haha well I'm at around 4am these days anyways!

Honestly though, does anyone else find it absolutely gut wrenching that babies grow so fast? He's 3 weeks old today, and I still can't even grasp the idea that I had him, and get to keep him! He's just so perfect! Gah I want to stop him from growing so badly!!! I want to keep him like this forever!

June 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
they do grow so fast, i swear my oldest was just born like a week ago (he turns 3 next month!)

June 8th, 2013, 03:47 PM
LOL! Wait until you get one who keeps reminding you that she's almost a preteen! I remember just having her, like yesterday!

We had a good drive today it wasn't nearly as far or as bad as I thought it would be. We ended up getting 2 comforters so both the top and bottom bunk of the bunkbed set we bought her will match. Then as we were driving back towards the 401 to head home we saw some outlet stores including a Bluenotes outlet which is DD1's favourite store right now. I wish we had time to stop because they had a big sign out front stating nothing over $10. I'll definitely be heading back to do some Christmas shopping there.

June 8th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Wow, sounds like they might have had some great deals!

Had a movie night with the kids tonight, tidying up now and then DH and I are going to watch a movie too
June 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM
DH found the movie Annie the other day which he tells me was one of his favourite childhood movies. Tell me why I'm up watching it and he's sound asleep.

June 8th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Glad you had a good drive. Are you talking about the Bluenotes on Hespler? That place always has amazing deals! I go to the Suzy Shier next to it though lol, a little bit more my style haha.

I cannot grasp the fact that Cameron will be TEN months on Wednesday. It blows my mind. And that he walks holding only on to one of my hands. Holy cow. Just wait till he starts hitting milestones, he will blow your mind even more!

Baby shower tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!! I'll be seeing some girls I used to work with and haven't seen 2 of them in over 2 years, and the other two since last June. It will be nice

Jess
June 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
That's the one. A bit closer to the 401 on Hespler there was a Roots outlet too. I don't buy anything for myself at either store, but both my girls love Roots and DD1 wants everything from Bluenotes right now.

June 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I buy Bluenotes jeans sometimes, but that's about all.

DH goes on night shift tonight, so it'll be just the kids and I from about 4pm on, should be interesting lol
June 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I get giddy over the smallest of things right now. We were at Home Depot looking at paint and such and DH decided to take a trip down the wall paper aisle. Well, we are doing large dots on the walls for DD2's room and guess what we found, large peal and stick dots in the colours we are looking for! $2 for 5 stickers! I bought 2 of each colour and my work for her room is done and it cost the same amount as 1 pint sized can of paint. I'm a happy girl and I'm considering going back and buying more to do the play room because they had all kinds of shapes and colours on sale.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search