***June Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for decorating!

So I was 2 streets away from my friend's house where the shower was, and I felt my steering go weird. Then my battery light came on. I made it to my friend's house, but there was a huge puddle under my truck. Apparently my water pump went? Ugh. So I had to wait for CAA and such. I think we're going to fix this, and then also fix the wheel baring in the front, and then start looking for a new vehicle for me, hope I can get like $5K trade-in on my jeep...its a 2004 so we'll see! It was my first vehicle...but I'm sick of things going on it, and especially when I have Cam in the car with me!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 9th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yikes, that would have scared me! Glad you guys made it there safe

June 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes that's scary! Glad you made it there safely.

So I drove back to Home Depot. I ended up two more bags full of stuff. I got white boards for both the play room and DD1's room, and decorations for the playroom. It means we changed the playroom colours but I think I like this better and it will look nicer being as it's right off our dining room.

Here's what we have for playroom colours now:
Brewster Wall Pops WPB99026 Peel & Stick Habitat Blox, 4-Count - Amazon.com

We'll paint the room the light green and we have dots in the silver, brown, darker green and teal colours. I also got a border that matches those colours.

This is the matching boarder:
Brewster Wall Pops WPB99850 Peel & Stick Loopy Blox, Blue/Green, 4-Count - Amazon.com

DD2's room has remained the same, white paint with pink, blue, orange, purple and green solid colour dots.

June 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM
im so jealous you have a play room! id kill for one, i bet the kids will love that colour/pattern combo, its so fun

June 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I'm really excited to be getting an actual room for them instead of just shipping them down to the basement. It's a much smaller space than the basement room they have now, but that's actually good because it will force me to go through all the toys and sort them.

I like these colours better than the bright primary colours this way when the door gets left open we won't be looking in and having it scream colour at us when we're looking at a light green and tan colour for the dinning room.

June 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I bet that will look great!!!

We have a small playroom, and its still builder's primer. I need to decorate it. That was my plan for this week (fill/sand nail holes, pick paint etc.) but we'll see what it costs to fix my truck first

Jess
June 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
That really sucks. I hope it doesn't cost much to repair your truck. Decorating is so much more fun than vehicle repairs.

June 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM
right now the play area is our living room, our house only has 3 bedrooms so to get a toy room we would have to make 3 kids share a room, i might do that when Finn is older, we will see, id love to have my living room not filled with toys

or maybe i can just have a bigger house, i didnt think this place was too small when we bought it but now it feels tiny, maybe the 3 little people weve added since we moved LOL

June 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
LOL! That was our problem too. Our current house is 3 bedrooms, separate dining and living rooms and a large empty space that's semi finished in the basement that we use as a playroom. It's not small, but we feel so crowded here. I'm not sure the new house is much larger square footage wise, but the layout is completely different giving us 4 bedrooms, a much larger kitchen and a main level playroom as well as a separate dining and living room, so it feels bigger.

June 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
i want a big kitchen, its a must in our next house, we have a tiny one now, its a kitchen/dinning room its so small and cramped

June 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM
This is from the website so it's the only room they'll give me, just try to picture a light green on the walls and toys instead of the chair and lamp and this is what I have in mind for the playroom.

June 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Again, ignore the room they give you to work with, but at least this time it really will be white walls and this will be DD2's room. DH doesn't want me to put them in rows for her, so I'm not sure how to just randomly stick them up and still make them look good.

June 10th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Ohhh! That looks fun! For both of them!!!

And I agree. A decent sized kitchen was very high on our list after the teeny one we had in our apartment.

Why am I posting at 445am? DH works at 5 and I need a vehicle today so we had to go drop him off. Cam's longest sleep between 10-430am was from 330-430...when I had to put him in the car and he woke up. I hope he goes back down easily we home.

Stupid Jeep breaking!!!!

Jess
June 10th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I hope he went back to sleep for you. What a pain to have to work around vehicles.

Our new kitchen is large, but umm empty. It won't look nearly as large once we put some cupboards in. The room size is 13 x 13, but it only has from the doorway that goes to the dinning room to the outside wall of cupboards and that includes the sink, so there's very little space there. We're adding another wall of cupboards and countertops when we get there. Right now it's just going to be build from a box type ones that come with a butcher block top until we can save up for something better.

June 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Did it come with appliances or do you have to still get those?

When is your close date? Its coming up soon right?

He went down easy and slept for 2 hours....YAY! I cannot believe I am excited about 2 hours of sleep when this child is TEN months old. Ugh.

Jess
June 10th, 2013, 05:40 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
2 hours is better than nothing, right?! My 9 month old sleeps great, it was my almost 2 year old that kept me up all night. DH got home at 3 and we were both out cold on the couch!
June 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I almost wish he would just walk so we can get 3-4 hour stretches again, or even 6 hours which he has done twice in his life. Gah.

Its our last swimming lesson today! Apparently he gets a report card LOL. The next level is A and runs from 5:45-6:15 which everyone was complaining about because it doesn't give a lot of time to go home, eat, bath, bed afterwards, and to feed them before and then put them in the pool, while not terrible when they're so young, still isn't ideal. I'm hoping they move the time but don't have a lot of hope.

Jess
June 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
that is an odd time for a swim lesson, or any lesson really, i hate trying to do things at dinner time!

all these cool decorating pics are making me want to redo the boys room! I will have to start slowly buying things, maybe i will be able to do it in a few months

June 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The decorating stuff is making me feel like doing things too.

But first some baseboards for my kitchen, and confession: I took the doors off my hallways closet back in september when I painted my upstairs and put a floor in, and I have yet to get around to painting them and putting them back up. Soon.....
June 10th, 2013, 08:01 AM
my closet doors still don't have handles on them...we got distracted and somehow never came back to them. I was PREGNANT when we did this I don't like the ones we bought now and want different ones anyways.

No word on my truck yet...hoping its not super expensive :/

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search