Morning Adventures

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 05:19 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is never a dull morning in our house, it's always something, some morning are more humourous that others though.

This week is the food drive at DD1's school, since we're moving I packed 3 Walmart bags full of cans and boxed goods to send with her instead of the usual 3 or 4 items I normally send each year. They weren't super light but not overly heavy either. So as she's carrying her back pack and these three bags to the bus stop I see her meet up with another mom and girl so I'm about to turn away from the door and stop watching. But wait! She's stopped in the middle of the road, it's a busy street at this time of day, what is she doing? Oh no, she's bending down, the other mom is coming back and going to her car. Suddenly it hits me, a bag has broke. I run to the kitchen grab a couple more plastic bags, grab my jacket and take off on a dead run.

I get to my DD and start grabbing cans off the road. DD is looking at me with a red face and like she's going to cry, the other mom is laughing and telling her it's alright. We get it all picked up and this time double bagged when DD finally takes a second to look at me and exclaims "Mom! You're in you pajamas!!"

Yep, I was. I'm just waiting to hear the neighbours talking later about the sight of me in my pjs, running (I never run for anything) with a handful of empty plastic bags, cutting across lawns to get to my DD before she either missed the bus or worse got hit by a car.

Now aren't you all glad you either don't have kids in school yet or you home school?
crunchywannabe likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 07:37 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That's too funny! I would have done the same though!
June 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh man! I would have done the same thing, glad DD made it to the bus on time and safely

June 5th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
it happens...my mom chased me down the street with my lunch I forgot many times...in her pj's...with curlers in her hair

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 5th, 2013, 10:57 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! No curlers here. Just flannel reindeer PJs, bare feet and a handful of plastic bags.

The neighbours are already talking, I have comments on my FB page and even got a phone call from my mother! The things we do for our kids.

June 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
that's awesome hahahaha!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search