What time do you eat supper?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I grew up eating supper at random times, most often between 630-730...

Dh spent so long in the army that he expects meals to be at the exact same time every day! Generally really early (5pm)

Obviously baby eats on demand, and I don't have to prepare anything for him yet, but soon enough I will have to work around his schedule...

What time do you eat meals in your house? What influences this? Work, children? Have you made changes since having kids?

June 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
it really varies, if we are eating with the kids we eat at 5-530, but if we are having something they dont like/wont eat we wait until they are in bed so it could be as late as 8pm

June 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We try to have supper around 4:30 when we can. The kids are always hungry after school and it's nice to get everything cleaned up at a decent hour. The scale is also much friendlier to me if I eat on time.
June 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
With Cam going to bed around 6:15, we eat around 5:30. When he was going to bed at 5:15-5:30, we would eat at 5 if DH was home, or like 6:30 if we had to wait for Cam to go down.

Once I return to work, we should be able to still eat at 5:30, possibly a bit later.

Before Cam, we'd eat at 6, on the couch watching the news now I insist on sitting at the table.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We eat between 4:30 and 5:30. Generally I like to eat at 5:30 but sometimes we have to eat earlier because of the girl's activities.

Supper at my house was always served promptly at 5pm when I was growing up, DH ate at 7pm, sometimes later. I still don't like eating at DH's parent's. The kids are used to eating early and they will make them wait until between 7 and 8 to serve supper, the kids are past hungry and ready for bed at that time.

June 6th, 2013, 05:28 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We eat between 5-5:30 usually!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow! Lots of early eaters!

We ate early growing up because every night there was at least one of....hockey, baseball, girl guides, scouts, dance, drama (I know I'm missing stuff in here!)...for at least one kid.

DH ate later as well but now he likes eating earlier...he got home from work at 4:25 yesterday and was hoping dinner was ready (because, you know, I can read his mind ).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Usually about 4:30. I got slack on that though while DH was off, but now that he's back to work, I like to have it shortly after he gets home (about 4). He works a hard labor job and I know he's hungry when he gets home. When he works nights though, we usually don't eat until 5:30ish.
June 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Between 8:30 and 10. This is just because of Rich's work. I try to wait until he gets home.

Before he worked late we would eat around 6.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search