Canada Day Long Weekend

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
...is NEXT weekend! Where is 2013 going?!?

Anyone have any special plans?
Any traditions?
Do you wear red and white?
Do you see fireworks?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my parents are visiting.... im not really excited, they will be here form the 25th-1st, we dont have any 1st of july plans though, we may watch the fireworks if the kids are in a good enough mood to stay up that late

June 24th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have any special plans? Not this year we will be around home for the weekend
Any traditions?I have gone to Dauphin Country Fest every year except 1 since the time I was 12 years old. This year I'm going to sit with Arthur at home, humming Luke Bryan songs and crying
Do you wear red and white?I usually wear something white, or red... I'm not wild enough to double up!
Do you see fireworks?Usually at the festival, but this year we may watch from our house the little 5 min. show they do in town... Last year we were under a burn ban because of the forest fires, so it's a hit and miss event in the area.

June 25th, 2013, 04:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have any special plans? Nothing here
Any traditions? Nope
Do you wear red and white? No, kids might though lol
Do you see fireworks? Few small ones people around town has.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Anyone have any special plans? It's a busy weekend for us! Friday night we have my little cousin's graduation party, Saturday is my family reunion, Sunday is Sophia's birthday party, and Monday we'll go to the Canada events in the city, and possibly stay for the fireworks.
Any traditions? Not really, we don't do the same thing each year but we always do something.
Do you wear red and white? Usually.
Do you see fireworks? It realy depends on the kids moods that evening.
June 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Anyone have any special plans? Every year we go to the neighbours house for a swim and BBQ. We will do the local bike parade first and then go to the neighbours. I doubt we will go to the fireworks because DH actually has a conference call with Taiwan at 9PM

Any traditions? Well it is also my birthday on July 1 so we try to do a bit of birthday stuff. Waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast. Cake after fireworks (except we aren't going to the fireworks this year).

Do you wear red and white? Yes. We buy our Canada Day shirts every year.

Do you see fireworks? Sometimes.
June 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Anyone have any special plans? not special, but farming(putting up cattle feed), then when the sun goes down we are having neighbours over for a bonfire and fire works
Any traditions? Silaging lol
Do you wear red and white? no
Do you see fireworks? we bought fireworks to set off

June 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have any special plans? Going to a Canada Day party on the 1st, the rest of the weekend will be spent moving. The girls want to take some flowers to my Grandma's gravesite since the 1st was also her birthday so I think we're going to plan that in as well.
Any traditions? The Canada Day party is our tradition, DH's aunt hosts it every year, it's a great time to get together with friends and family. It's a potluck/BBQ and she has adult games and kid games and a campfire at the end of the day.
Do you wear red and white? Of course, we wouldn't be allowed at the party if we didn't LOL!
Do you see fireworks? Not usually.

June 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Veteran
Anyone have any special plans? Nothing major, just finishing my apartment which seems to be taking forever.
Any traditions? Well, usually I'd go to my friend's cabin to have a few drinks and have a fire. Not this year though.
Do you wear red and white? If I have any red or white things cleaned, lol.
Do you see fireworks? Oh yes, my friends and I usually buy some fireworks ourselves and set them off. Always a good time. Sadly we won't be doing it this year.
June 29th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Anyone have any special plans? Not really
Any traditions? Nope
Do you wear red and white? usually
Do you see fireworks? normally yes, we might not this year as the park they hold the ones we attend is still under 3 feet of water Hope it recedes in time!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search