***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe! Enjoy the NB Squishies! I love newborns!

DD1 came home very tired today, but she's excited to go back tomorrow. I was even able to still order her a t-shirt even though I missed the deadline to order them before the camp. I received an email the day after we moved but I was so preoccupied with other things that I didn't pay much attention to it until last night when I checked the times. I received the paper package in the mail this afternoon, a lot of good that did me.

July 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
popular day to be born! one of my good friends had her daughter this AM!

July 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It's like a FB boom on my FB page today too!

Everyone in my house is feeling better, thankfully! Although it was a battle getting everyone to go to bed tonight!
July 23rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
glad everyone is feeling better!!

we actually have no plans today, so hopefully the weather stays nice (it says its calling for thunderstorms this afternoon) and we can go play in the backyard or go for a walk

July 23rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Not much planned here today either, DD1 is at ringette camp again today and the rest of us were invited out to my Mom's for lunch. That's about it.

Home inspection was last night so we're waiting to hear if all conditions are satisfied or if the deal is falling through with the house.

July 23rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
i hope you get good news soon caroline!

July 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
NB squishes are amazing! He was so sweet

Glad everyone is feeling better Chantelle!

Hope you get good news on the house soon Caroline!

Did you get good weather Bree? We had about 10 minutes of rain and that's it.

Nothing much otherwise here. Made some muffins this afternoon, going for a run tonight, that's all!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
ya it was pretty decent here, it was looking really dark for a while, it rained a little but nothing major, we ended up going for a walk, it was nice since it wasnt really sunny

July 23rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Poor DH is so tired today. He went in last night after his 2 days off and his manager met him at the door. Her comment: good you're here, enjoy my job, I quit, and she walked out. Poor DH has only been there for 4 months, had no intentions of taking her job and was left standing there stunned. He was the only manager left last night though when she left so he had to be 2 managers in one and he has to do the same tonight. So he worked late this morning, has to go in early tonight and will likely be late tomorrow morning. He is beyond stressed between work and the house.

DS is being a typical 2 year old today but is driving me crazy! I swear if I hear "No!" one more time from that kid's mouth I'm going to turn into mean mommy. He won't listen, he's throwing toys, he's spitting, won't eat anything I put in front of him, yelling and the only word he will say is "NO!" I'm not going to survive a year of this.

Enough of my ranting, I hope everyone else had a good day.

July 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Sorry your DH has to deal with that My DH was putting fires out all day and he's not a manager! And he ended up working 14 hours today.

Tomorrow....cleaning....3 girls I used to work with are coming over. We planned to go to Starbucks but then the hubbies decided to go for beer and wings. And I was like "um...Cam?" and now the girls are coming here...gah! One is my best friend and she's 38 weeks preggo!!!!!

Jess
July 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry your DH has to deal with that, Caroline! And I hear you on the 2 year old thing, my two year old has been acting crazy lately too!

Enjoy having your friends over, Jess!

I let Rylan stay up late watching tv with me tonight, Alyssa's gone away to her Daddy's and the two youngest are tucked in bed
July 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM
It's just 9am now and I'm actually feeling pretty productive today. I have laundry started, the sauce for supper in the slow cooker and the meat for the meatballs out thawing and I took a peameal pork loin, sliced it, packaged it and put it in the freezer. This is all after getting DD1 up, making her lunch and dropping her off at the ice rink for the day.

July 24th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Wow! Productive!!! I made nacho dip, fed Cam and myself...and felt pretty productive

So I cleaned my floors yesterday...there was no point. We are working on transitioning Cam to homo milk and he will take it in a sippy cup, but his new favourite thing is to dribble it out of his mouth. So around his chair is a disaster. I also let him hold onto it while playing...big mistake! I had to go around and clean milk droplets up all over.

This cooler weather is amazing...20 today...going for a walk when he gets up from his nap...it will be perfect!

Jess
July 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
i have done nothing so far today! we have to go shopping later though, maybe a trip to the park

July 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Well my meat has been turned into 75 yummy meatballs. I think I'll freeze some of them, there are way too many for just tonight. I'm really happy that it's cooled down enough that I can make spaghetti. DD2 has been asking for it and it's just been so hot that I haven't wanted to make it for her.

July 24th, 2013, 01:08 PM
yum! meatballs sound delish! we will be over in a couple hours

i still havent made it to the store, so im thinking i will run quickly after dh gets home in a hour

July 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM
You could have come and brought the family. After making all this the kids decided they weren't hungry for supper. I have so many leftovers, not including what I froze.

July 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I can't believe tonight was the last night I'll ever put a one year old to bed. Turning two makes them seem like kids instead of babies and he's my last baby! Very bitter sweet.

July 25th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Happy 2nd bday to your little man Caroline! I hope he has a fantastic day <3

July 25th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Happy 2nd birthday to your little guy!!!!! That must seem bittersweet.

So my best friend is 37 weeks today. She's been contracting on and off for probably close to 2 weeks now, and had a regular appointment yesterday. Her OB (who was my OB) was called away on a family emergency 3 weeks ago and is still not back, so she's seeing her partner. The OB said she was 2 cm and her membranes were bulging yesterday...so the OB did a stretch and sweep...before asking if my friend wanted one. She was cramping like crazy last night, and lost her plug this morning. She is pissed. She was hoping to not go until her OB came back, and then this lovely other OB did a stretch and sweep without even asking her and it seems to have thrown her into labour.

We walked to the library and back for babytime this morning...45 minutes each way...I'm tired!!!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search