***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh man, id be unimpressed too! i cant believe the ob did that, especially since shes only 37 weeks!

July 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know! Technically its today she's 37 weeks so from a technicality, she wasn't even term yesterday. I hope things back off a bit and she gets more time since she hasn't started mentally preparing yet.

I totally forgot to take out my nacho dip when my friends were over last night...so I'm enjoying it right now LOL.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! I wouldn't be impressed with the OB either!

That's quite the walk Jess.

We made our own pizzas tonight for DS's birthday supper. We had a lot of fun with it. Then we gave DS a piece of cake with 2 candles stuck in it, he was so excited he blew them out before we could even take a picture. We then brought out his present, a plasma bike, he was so excited! He started riding it around the house calling it his motorcycle.

July 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM
aww what a cutie! sounds like a great night

July 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Wow!!!! That's an awesome gift!!!! We're struggling with what to get Cam for his 1st birthday...and lots of people asking us what he wants/needs. So hard for a 1 year old.

One month and 2 days till I start back at work Last night, Cam woke up NINE times. NINE times! And wanted to get up for the day at 5:30. Our longest stretch was from 6-8am. I am exhausted. Not going to be a productive day. He was super drooley yesterday so I was expecting teeth...but NOTHING! And I even gave him some advil to help and he still woke up. Nothing phases that boy.

Jess
July 26th, 2013, 07:19 AM
oh man 9 times! that is rough!! is he teething or growing pains maybe?

i have such a hard time deciding what to ask for the kids have so many toys, and we have like every baby toy ever since Finn has 2 big brothers he needs NOTHING!

my kids really like those little people sets, they are great for small kids, and these melissa and doug wooden blocks, those are awesome too or some puzzles, he probably wont "get" how to do it right away but 1 is a good age to start with some chunky wooden ones, melissa and doug (can you tell i love that brand) makes some good ones for babies

July 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
SQUEEE!! I'm so excited! DH has 3 days off next week, in lue of the holiday the week after that he has to work. So I just booked us a trip! I didn't think we were going to be able to do it because the house wasn't selling and we wouldn't be able to afford it but since it sold I know I'll have the money to pay the credit card bill when it comes in.

We're going to Toronto spending the night at the Delta and then going to the zoo the next day. Not a huge trip but the only one we're getting this summer and I'm very excited! The girls don't know yet, they know we're planning something but they keep thinking we're going for the day to the science centre which we do a couple times a year. I can't wait to surprise them with this.

FYI - I love Little People too for toddlers, actually even my 6 year old still plays with Little People.
Jessimaaka likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM
That's awesome! That's a perfect trip!!!! So glad you get to go away after all the stress and nonsense you had to deal with!

We have some LP stuff...would LOVE to get more! I've also added Mega Bloks to the list, and one of those soft TV type chairs for little kids. I'm trying to think of things that he will use in the future, not just for a month.

Well, tonight was an hour and 20 minute battle to get him down...ending with me stretching out on his floor for 5 minutes until he decided to curl up beside me so I transferred him to his crib. But he hasn't made a peep since. This is exhausting. I didn't end up napping, and we have to get up early tomorrow to pick up some stuff my dad bought at an auction but he's away for the weekend. Not super early, but we have to be in Flamborough for 8:00 so we can be back in time for Cam's nap so I can do my run!

Thoroughly enjoying my rum and coke right now though. Might put me to sleep!

And as I'm typing this post...our neighbour texted DH...apparently the other neighbour called bylaw on him again...DH went to get details. Earlier, he was cutting the lawn, and she apparently was walking beside him, pointing to the property line the whole time, not saying anything, just pointing. He was no where near it. And apparently after that she sat on her porch, facing her front window (ie her back to the street), with her knees curled up to her chest and rocked (in a non-rocking chair) giggling. I didn't see this, but I'm just a tad bothered...we've never seen her act that way. Her husband had a high profile job and was fired...not sure if stress is bringing on the unusual behaviour? She's in her 60s btw.

Jess
July 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yikes! You have one odd duck there for a neighbour!

DS threw the tantrum of all tantrums today while we were at the rink waiting to pick up DD1 from camp today. DH was mortified, and all I could do was hug him tight to me and walk with him, but he hadn't napped all day and he was so over tired but refusing to close his eyes. My ears were ringing because of his screaming and I kept getting "looks", you know the ones, from other parents. I've never been happier to get him back to the car than I was today.

July 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM
umm your neighbour sounds like she might need some medical or psychiatric help, that does not sounds like normal old cranky person behavior, im glad she doesnt live alone though, hopefully her husband and other family notice this strange change in her

oh man i know that feeling! Ross did that in a restaurant once, i KNOW everyone was whispering about him the whole time we were there, i couldnt get out fast enough

July 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I am not looking forward to the tantrums! Luckily Cam has yet to pull one in public. But I know it will happen.

Yeah, I was wondering if the normal neighbour is exaggerating since she has like hounded him about basically anything he does...I can see him getting exasperated. I dunno...we just plan to stay out of it since it really has nothing to do with us.

My best friend (the one that had the sweep) had her water break this morning!!!! Its also her hubby's birthday today...so funny if her LO has the same birthday...she is team green, I can't WAIT to find out what she's having, so I can spoil and smoosh him/her.

Jess
July 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Good luck to your friend! I hope everything goes smoothly for her.

We're having a quiet day today. DS got his hair cut this morning and looks like a little boy again. I went grocery shopping with my mom this afternoon while the kids stayed with my dad. This evening I'm going to try making home made goldfish crackers.

July 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
If these goldfish crackers taste good I'll post them in the recipe section because they are super easy to make. It took me all of 5 minutes to make the dough in my food processor, and that was everything from grating the cheese to mixing it all together.

July 27th, 2013, 05:36 PM
good luck to your friend jess! make sure you update us when her little one is here!!

how did the crackers turn out? my kids are goldfish addicts!

July 27th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Nothing yet, they didn't end up admitting her till 4pm. So slow going I guess.

Mmm, I loooove goldfish crackers, hopefully they turn out! I like easy things!

Jess
July 27th, 2013, 07:22 PM
My oven died and my goldfish burned. I knew something was up with my oven earlier in the week when it wouldn't cook my chicken strips. But now it's cooking wonky and the display is saying F1 which apparently means that my electronic oven control is gone. Perfect!

July 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Noooo not the oven! I hate buying new appliances, my dryer is starting to burn my clothes so I need a new one. I keep putting it off though. **** things are so costly lol.
July 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
From what I can find online the new piece will cost us just under $200 plus installation. If I'm putting that much money into an 8 year old oven it might be worth looking for a new one.

I'm calling our lawyer first to see what the conditions of sale read, because I'm pretty sure it said we were getting working appliances and this definitely isn't working. I might be too late, I used the stove top almost immediately but didn't start using the oven until this week when it cooled down and we've lived here more than 30 days now, but its worth asking if the sellers are responsible at all for us not getting a working oven.

July 28th, 2013, 05:53 AM
it never hurts to ask! the guy we bought our house from took all his nice stuff and left us the oldest crappiest stuff ever! it still worked but barely

oh man last night was awful! Finn slept terribly, i dont know what was wrong but he was up like once an hour from 11-6, yawn im tired he was super fussy and hard to get down so i should have known something was up. He seems fine now though

July 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Is it time for school to start yet? I've decided that from the 28th of June to the 28th of July is enough time for the girls to be off school, it's time for the teachers to deal with them again. They listen to their teachers so much better than they listen to me and the past two days have been horrible for listening!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search