***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
only like 1 more month of them being off right? hang in there, i hope their listening improves

July 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Boo for not working appliances...hope there's some recourse in your terms of sale. Hope your girls start listening!

Hope your boys let you have a nap today Bree!

My best friend had a baby boy last night at 11:13pm, 7lbs 3oz, 22". He is super sweet and I just got to have some super awesome newborn snuggles!!!! The lights were flickering at the hospital while he was being born from the storm lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only? More like still one more month. I finally had enough and sent all three to there rooms after lunch. DS for his regular nap and the two girls were told to stay there until they wanted to start listening and behaving again! Mommy is at the end of her rope today!

Our local greenhouse has their 99 Cent sale on perennials this weekend. $36 later and my front garden looks pretty good! I got all pinks and purples and hopefully when they grow back next year and fill in a bit it will look really good. I still have one plant in there that I don't know what is, still not even sure it's a plant not a weed. I'm debating digging it up.

YAY for newborn snuggles! Sounds like she'll have a birth story to remember.

July 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
What a crazy weekend! I'm really hoping it's not an indication of how the coming week is going to be!
July 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM
crazy day here too! well mostly just long and exhausting, im so ready for bed and its only 4pm

July 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I'm ready for bed too. The kids still aren't listening, DD1 is moody and I would seriously swear she was PMSing if she wasn't only 9 and DS is being a typical 2 year old driving me nuts! I just need to get through supper.

It is cold! Well, I guess not really cold, but definitely chilly today. I actually shut all the windows today and thought about putting on socks.

July 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Busy day here too. I actually dressed Cam in pants, socks and shoes, and he wore a hoodie while outside. He's only been walking in bare feet and occasionally sandals...he had to practice in full shoes lol. We had dinner at DH's aunt's house. YUM. So good. Can't move. Ate too much!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone! Rain expected here, so we'll be housebound.

Jess
July 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Someone tell me why I booked this trip. The kids are driving me nuts and I'm starting to get overwhelmed cleaning, doing laundry and packing all in one night.

July 29th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Hope things get better Caroline...that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Grey day here again. Lovely. I hate being stuck in the house.

Jess
July 29th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I'm pulling out my hair! I actually threatened to cancel the trip if the girls don't stop fighting! A few more things to pack and we should be ready to leave. I gave up at 11 last night and went to bed. It should not take this much effort for a 2 day trip!

July 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
im always amazed at the amount of things we have to bring with us even for a day trip, kids have a ton of crap

July 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I know, it takes forever to get us packed to leave the house for the day!

At work today, and so tired!
July 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Hope things are going well Caroline!

I know Bree, the stuff I pack...crazy!

Hope the day passes quickly for you Chantelle!

We went for a walk to the park this morning. I have swept and vacuumed while he is down for his nap...and I have the cleaner in the toilets, just need to clean them! Yay for productivity!

Jess
July 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
pretty boring day here, i think im coming down with something, i just feel really blah and icky hopefully i feel better tomorrow

July 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hope tomorrow is a better day.

My friend is coming for a walk tomorrow! Yay! Fun! She'll have 2 of her 3 kiddos with her.

Jess
July 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Ended up having a great time. Going to have a shower, because a kid dumped their drink on me and then I'm heading to bed. I'm tired and my feet hurt, otherwise it was a fantastic trip and the kids were happily surprised. I'll fill you guys in more tomorrow and share some pictures.

July 31st, 2013, 05:21 AM
Yay! Glad it ended up working out for the best. Can't wait to see pictures!

Day 2 of day weaning was mostly a success...he did hit his eye and now has a bit of a black eye...I let him nurse after that. But otherwise he did great, went for his naps without issue. Hoping today goes well too!

Its gorgeous out today...sunny, not super hot but not as cool as it has lately been. Perfect!

Jess
July 31st, 2013, 05:59 AM
The drive to Toronto took so much longer than we were expecting, but when we got to the hotel the staff had everything for our package ready for us and the girls immediately hit the pools. They even got us a life jacket for DD2 since we didn't think to bring one and the big pool was too deep for her to swim in with her sister.

We saw that there was an Ikea just down the street from the hotel so we took a trip there after supper and a second dip in the pool. Unfortunately everything we were looking at buying was sold out.

Anyway, we got up the next morning and headed for the zoo, the girls loved it! We went to the pandas first so there was very little line up and then started on the paths. We walked every single path and saw every animal there. By the end of the day and over 7 hours of walking later my feet were so sore! We had the sit stand with us for DS and DD2, but DD1 was amazing walking the whole time and never complaining once. We did leave earlier than we expected though, our plan was to spend the whole day there from open to close. A little after 4pm we had been to every exhibit there and the crowds were insane so we decided to call it a day and head home.

The drive home was even longer than the drive there, 3 times the 401 came to a complete standstill and the rest of the time we were driving at like 20km/hour. The kids were great though, we turned on a movie for them and they didn't complain at all.

So, long post, but we had a great trip!

July 31st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Wow! I'm impressed you were able to see everything! YAY for Ikea!!!!! They really need to build one more West than Burlington. I'm glad that overall you had a great vacation, and that you were able to do it since the house sold.

Nap 1 without nursing down = success! Lets see what nap 2 brings.

I can't believe its August tomorrow. 2013 is just disappearing!

Jess
July 31st, 2013, 09:52 AM
I'm glad you had such a great trip!

2013 really is just flying by! I can't believe it!

Working from home today, but I'm about to call it quits and clean for a bit before everyone gets home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search