***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
it looks like rain here too, it was calling for thunderstorms yesterday, i kept waiting but they never came... maybe they will show up today, i have nothing to do so it wouldnt bother me!

July 4th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's what yesterday was like here. It rained already this morning though, the sun is trying to peek out!

I've decided to go to the mall instead...there's some $5 tank tops and I need a couple more. Waiting for Cam to wake up!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well DH cut the boxspring in half and it fit up the stairs! I have a bed again! I got a few boxes emptied out of the kitchen and DH found the dinning room table. So nice to have a place to sit and eat lunch.

We're going to my parent's for supper tonight, then DH is coming home to sleep before work, my mom is keeping the kids and I'm going to a meeting for VBS. Someone tell me why I volunteered for VBS at the same time as moving?

July 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yay for a bed!!! And yay for a meal you don't have to cook!!!!!

What is VBS?

Finished Couch to 5K program today...I can run 5K without walking!!! Oddly enough, today was harder than the others last week...I went at 7pm and it was still quite humid out, and I didn't bring the dog with me poor girl! And now I just want to collapse with my book lol!

Jess
July 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
VBS is Vacation Bible School, I think At least that's what it is here!

Congrats on finishing, Jess!

Hanging out with DH for a few minutes, then heading to bed
July 4th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Way to go Jess!!! Did you really start from the couch? I would love to do something like this myself... but I really haven't worked out at all in almost a year! I feel like such a flabby blob and need to change! (August is my start date for caring about getting fit!)

It's so freaking hot and humid here.. it's 27+ in my bedroom at 915pm! We're melting! Going into the city tomorrow to stay with my MIL for the weekend! She's got AC!

July 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Yep VBS is Vacation Bible School, I volunteer every year. This year I'm teaching songs and dance. I have 11 days to learn 10 dances. Wish me luck because otherwise I'll be making a big fool of myself in front of 150 kids.

WTG on the 5K Jess, that's awesome!

It's 11pm here and still 27*, I'm not impressed but I'm going to have to go to bed anyways I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

July 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
WE just had a rain shower the dust was starting to get to me. we have 3 semi that drive through the yard every hour my road has became a puff ball

Thank You tasha_mae

July 5th, 2013, 07:46 AM
We're getting rain too! It's so nice, although it means being stuck in the house with the kids and they are starting to bug me.

July 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM
We're getting drenched today too...which sucks because DH filled up the wading pool last night for Cam to play in today.

10 dances in 11 days is ambitious! You can do it though!

I have never run before in my life. Back in I think it was January, I started it, got to week 2 and couldn't get any farther. Then in April I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I think that helped my endurance. I also walked a couple times a week and chase my 10 month old. So not technically straight from the couch but close enough, no history of running. I highly recommend the program if you want to start running!

Mommy brag...was just playing with the shape sorter with Cam...and I laid out the red triangle, blue circle and green square. And he grabbed the one I asked him to 5 out of 6 times. I made sure not to look at the one I wanted him to grab, just at his face. Is he starting to learn shapes/colours?

Jess
July 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
10 dances in 11 days, you are brave, i hope they are easy or id never be able to remember them!

July 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
So I got that backwards, it's 11 dances in 10 days. They are pretty basic since I'm teaching them to 5-11 year olds. It's just a matter of not mixing up which moves go with which songs.

July 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I emptied 6 large boxes and a few little boxes today. I have a useable kitchen now and can cook a real meal. I found all our plates and cutlery so we can stop eating off of paper plates too which I'm looking forward to because I've definitely done my part to ruin the environment in the past two weeks.

July 6th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Yay for unpacking!!!!!

I need to get paper plates for Cam's birthday Good reminder!

Lazy day here! We got a patio set from Walmart that we put the chairs together last night, so just the table today and we can use it! It was regular $379 + $98 for the umbrella, and we got it for $180 + $48 for the umbrella...amazing!!!!! Only took us 2 years to finally get a patio set lol.

Jess
July 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Awesome deal on the patio set!

I really need to get some laundry done. The problem with that is I only have a washer here so far, now being as it's summer I should be able to hang it on my new large clothes line, but they are calling for rain for every single day from yesterday until next Thursday. I need clothes!!

July 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I didn't do laundry because it was supposed to rain all day and so far there hasn't been a single drop. Now granted it's 80% humidity so it likely wouldn't dry well anyways, but still.

July 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Awesome deal on the patio set!

I need to get my clothesline fixed, the pole farthest from the house needs replaced- I can't wait, I love hanging clothes on the line!

I wish we were getting just a little of that rain! It's been so freaking hot here the past few days! Yesterday it was 36, but like 42! It broke a record that had been in place for over 50 years!
July 6th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yikes! That's too hot!

July 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Wow super hot Chantelle!

We had a 2 minute sprinkle of rain, but the humidity is still like in the 90s...its just so sticky. Cam went in the wading pool this afternoon, and tomorrow we're going swimming at my parents.

My patio set looks fantastic I think we should eat outside tonight! Bathrooms cleaned, laundry done (sorry you still can't do yours Caroline), floors tomorrow and I'm ready for my Epicure party. Grocery shopping tonight as well once Cam goes down!

Jess
July 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Another day of rain for us...kind of good for the crops and garden, but we can't harvest.

I would love a patio set !! everything we have has to be tied down or it blows away

Thank You tasha_mae

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search