***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im irritated, i ordered a new car seat cover for Will on thursday, paid for next day shipping, when it didnt show up on friday I called the company and spoke to the shipping guy who said he was very sorry and he would ship it out that day with UPS and add on the Saturday shipping option, its still not here!!! I will be calling on monday, i better get a refund for the shipping at least

July 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH got the fan up in our bedroom today and fixed my dryer so I can do some laundry! Never been so excited to do laundry.

We also went over to the old house to cut grass and clean. We have an open house tomorrow and are trying to make it look nice now that it's empty.

Oh and my best news of the day, I found DD1's baby albums! I know that doesn't sound like much but I haven't seen them in over 6 years, I thought they got lost in the last move and eventually gave up looking for them. DH called me downstairs today and told me he had a box I should look at. I get down there and he's smiling with a box still sealed from our last move with the words "M-----'s Baby albums and other Photos" written on top. I was so happy I cried!
Irish_Wristwatch likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hmm...JM seems to have eaten one of my posts.

Anyways, that sucks Bree...you should get free shipping at the very least!

Oh my...my biggest fear is losing my pictures. My laptop is slowly dying, so I'm in the market for a new one. I was going to buy an external harddrive for my birthday in Sept. and then get a new laptop at Christmas, but its not going to last that long for sure, so I'm getting a new laptop asap...my biggest fear is losing my pictures!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I didn't even see that post until now. You're right, you definitely should get your shipping refunded at very least.

July 6th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
get the external hard drive now! I cried in a store one day because my laptop had died, and my youngest first 3 months of pictures were on there (among a lot of others, but those are the ones I am most sad about).
July 7th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah I'm looking, and with the 'boxing day sales in July' thing, I have some choices! I'm also taking recommendations...I have an HP and its done me great for the last 4ish years...been dropped, stepped on, spilled on, etc. and its only finally starting to go.

I do have the majority of them on facebook as well...and everything up to 6 months printed. But in the next couple weeks I have to get one. And transfer everything over which is the tedious part.

Jess
July 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Transferring isn't as bad as you would think. We have an external hard drive too. That we use to back up all our digital pictures, we also put them all on a CD. Unfortunately for me the pictures I thought were lost were all taken on film before we had a digital camera and I always stuck my film in the album with the pictures so I knew where it was. So I had no pictures from the first 2 years of her life and no way to get more printed. You have no idea how happy I am to have those albums back.

July 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I can imagine! DH has no pictures from before he was like 15 as they all seemed to be lost when his parents separated. It sucks.

I wish I could nap! DH was supposed to get up with Cam this morning and didn't. And now he's napping and Cam is napping, but I can't nap in the daytime.

So I decided to have a coffee...lol.

Jess
July 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We lost a ton of pictures of my childhood in a house fire when I was 16, the only ones that we have left are the ones that my Mom had happened to give copies of to other people, and a few that were on a disc in the safe

It's another hot one here today! It's 32 right now (was 34) but feels much hotter! DH is getting ready to head in for night shift tonight..
July 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
i put all our pictures on discs every few months, loosing them is a huge fear of mine too. I also plan to make photo books for the boys, i just need to get my butt in gear on that one

July 7th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I put all my picture onto disks too. I put them in a fire safe. In my mind that is the one thing I want from this house in a fire

July 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I should put ours in the fire safe that's a good idea, they're just in a box currently.

We have someone interested in the house they can't do a down payment right now to buy but want to do a rent to own deal with us. We're seriously considering it but need to talk to a lawyer first to see how to make that work. They seem like a great family, we met with them today to discuss things. All without our useless agent, he's going to flip when he finds out what we've done.

July 8th, 2013, 05:15 AM
i never thought of the fire safe, thats a great idea, i will have to look into getting one of those

July 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
I know how bad that sucks losing photos. I didnt back many of mine up from when the twins were small and have about 3 pictures of Ana when she was a baby. Thats the curse of digital photography, you can take thousands of pictures, but if they are gone they are gone. Now I print out a lot of pics on shutterfly now.
July 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hope things work out Caroline! That's crap your realtor isn't help...hopefully you have no need to ever use him again.

Trying to take pictures of Cam holding an O, N, and E for his birthday card invite....not going so well so we're taking a break lol.

Jess
July 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
thats a cute idea! we did D-A-D for fathers day

so im still waiting for the darn car seat cover, i called this AM they said it shipped friday but nothing is showing up for tracking in UPS, and the woman flat out refused to refund my shipping, they are sending me a free accessory to "make up" for it but im not impressed at all

July 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
That's crap! Where did you order from? Boycott in the future!

Photoshoot #2 wasn't so hot either. #3 after his nap has to work! I need to send this in today so I can pick them up this week since DH's family moved the get together from Aug 2 to this Saturday. But it was a very valid reason so I can't really complain. Just have to rush now :/

Jess
July 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
diono, the company that makes radians, i love the car seats but the service sucks big time!

i hope 3rd times the charm

July 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I agree, I wouldn't order from them anymore. They really should have refunded your shipping, you are not getting what you paid for.

I hope the next photo shoot works for you. Nothing worse than trying to get a baby to cooperate under a time line!

DD2 started her first day of daycamp today. Part of the program I signed her up for is swimming lessons right after camp. I'm hoping she survives the week since it runs from 9am until 5:30pm all week and that's a long day for a 6 year old.

July 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Im glad you guys agree, the woman i spoke with made me feel like i was being super unreasonable! The shipping info still isnt updating, i bet it hasnt even shipped at all yet

that does sound like along day. i bet she sleeps well tonight. Im sure she will have a great time though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search