***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am down to 1 kid, just the 15 year old.

I arranged it this way so I could do my books, but then my laptop started acting up.

ARG
July 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It's been a productive day here! Got all of our laundry washed, washing diapers now, cleaned out the older kids dresser, cleaned the bathroom, picked up a few groceries, and made bread. Supper's in the oven now and then I just have the normal clean up left to do. My last day off before I work is always like this because I like to have everything done.
July 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
nice job! i wish i could say my day was that productive

July 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD2 survived her first day of camp, only one goose egg! She loves her swimming lessons and there are only 3 in the class for 45 min so she's getting some pretty good learning opportunities with that low of a ratio.

It wasn't an overly productive day here, I did the dishes threw a load in the washer and DH cut the grass, that's it.

July 8th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Bree - get whatever you need from Snugglebugz instead. They are a Diono dealer, and I got mine from them and they were fantastic to deal with. They are an internet store but recently opened two physical stores - one in Burlington and one in Milton.

Yay for down to one kid!!!

Glad it was a good day! 3 to 1 ratio is awesome!

Glad you're having a productive day Chantelle!

I finally got some great pictures (posting them in the random pics thread), and then we went swimming at my parents. The sky started not looking to good so we packed up and headed home and thunder started as I put the key in my front door.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 8th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Look at the 427 in Toronto right now!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5286907&type=1

And here's some more around TO!

Toronto flood photos show parts of city underwater | CTV News

Jess
July 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
i actually bought our seats from snugglebugz, my ILs are in burlington and i always have to go check out their stores! they are fantastic i agree, but they dont sell the replacement covers, you have to buy those from the dealer But it did show up today, despite never showing up on UPS, and i installed 3 across, that was quite a work out, in the rain

I saw all that flooding, its crazy looking! thankfully we are all good here, it didnt rain too badly, hope all you other ontario ladies are nice and dry too

July 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM
My basement has a puddle, but otherwise no flooding here. TO has a crazy amount of water right now!

We went out tonight to get curtain rods and curtains and all of a sudden as we were about to get out of the car it decided to downpour! We all took off on a dead run for the store, my flip flop fell off in the middle of the parking lot, I had to run back for it, then I didn't stop to put it back on so I ended up running into the store with one flip flop on and one flip flop off. The greeter and a few others in the entrance way laughed at me.

July 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I'm glad your DD enjoyed her first day of camp!

Hooray for it finally arriving, Bree!

Wow, that flooding is crazy! I haven't seen anything like it!

Heading to bed soon, back to work in the morning!
July 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Almost caught up on BB now so I can join that thread, I've been avoiding it like the plague until I caught up. Just need to catch last night's show.

DH just put up my living room curtains! So nice not to have an open window looking at the road.

July 9th, 2013, 03:51 AM
i dvr'ed sundays episode and i had to avoid peaking in that thread all day yesterday until Dh and i watched it after dinner, hardest thing ever!

July 9th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I saw most of Sunday night's episode, but I need to finish it- I'm all caught up on what happened thanks to the internet though
July 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hahaha one shoe on and one shoe off!

The rain this year is crazy! Its making up for last year!

So I had my dental surgery this morning, a molar pulled and a bone graft performed. In a few months I'll have an implant put in. My whole jaw is starting to hurt as the freezing is wearing off. Anyways, my mom was unable to get the day off work and my sister was unable to switch her shift. So my dad watched Cam. My surgery was at 7am, so my dad came at 6:40. Cam was still asleep. I left breakfast out for him, told him he'll have to change his diaper but it should just be pee, and to throw his pj's back on. My youngest brother is 20 so my dad hasn't changed a diaper in AT LEAST 18 years. Cam ended up sleeping till almost 8am and poop exploded both out the legs and up the back LOL. He's only done that one other time in his life!!! I felt soooo bad for my dad but he handled it well!!!

Jess
July 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They can do it if there's no other choice

Hope you're not in too much pain.

I'm running out of excuses not to do my bookkeeping.
July 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Anyone want an extra husband? He's pretty good at doing odd jobs around the house but man does he get grumpy when it doesn't go his way. Today he can't find a stud where he wants one and somehow that's my fault.

July 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry your husband is, well, acting like a typical man

I hope your jaw doesn't hurt too bad, Jess! And I'm glad you're Dad did so well!

Just over an hour until I get to go home!
July 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
Oh noooooo hehe your poor dad, your lucky that only happened once before Sahara does that if she doesnt poop every day lol. If it hits day 3 i get worried because i know theres going to be a huge yucky blowout. Little booger greets me with the biggest smile too, as if to say hey mommy I got a present for you

I know how you feel caroline, we women are so evil in twisting the universe against our significant others lol. Hopefully he finds that darn stud soon.

Any btdt breastfeeding moms have any advice with a biting baby? She seems to think im a teether
July 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
He's been working on putting up the same cupboard since 11am, it's now 3:50 and he's still cursing it. Not a fun day!

Ouch! I remember those nursing/teething days. The only thing I can suggest is telling her no firmly and making her unlatch and start again. That worked for 2 out of my three kids. The third just made me bleed.

July 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Hahaha sounds like my hubby!!!!

Yay for being almost done work Chantelle!

Hmm, for biters, Cam hasn't been much of a biter, but those in my PR have had a lot of luck saying 'no biting' and removing them for a few minutes and trying again. So then she would start to associate that biting with losing her boob, lol. Definitely took a few bites though.

My jaw is doing ok...I got a 2 hour nap this afternoon during which Cam napped for 2.5 hours! Hope I get some sleep tonight!

Jess
July 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hooray for getting a nap!

Hannah is a biter too I unlatch her and tell her 'no', if she keeps doing it every time I relatch it usually means that she isn't hungry. But she's 10 months old, so it's probably different.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search