***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hot, way too hot! Actually it's the humidity that's getting to me. Everything feels wet, my calendar is curling, it's not nice. That's the one part of a/c I miss, it took the humidity out of the air. Right now my weather station is registering more humidity inside than outside which is really sad.

We went to Costco this morning, spent way too much considering we just went in for milk. DS found this huge r/c car on sale for half price (he has a thing for r/c cars), I found a plasma car for DS's birthday on sale (never mind the fact that we already have a birthday present for him and he already has 2 ride on toys), then I found the plastic shelving I wanted for the basement on sale and I grabbed three of those units. There goes my budget for this week.

July 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I love my AC - the house is set at 26 and its still sooooo much nicer than outside.

Costco does that to you! Its the only reason I'm happy we don't have a membership, but I want one dearly! We may get one.

So my have of my face is swollen...I didn't notice it until I was looking in the mirror for bruising since they said it might bruise. I was supposed to ice it but Cam kept trying to take my ice so I gave up and gave it to him. Off to bed and I'll be icing it tonight!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i always spend too much at costcos, great deals and so worth it but if we dont go right for the stuff on our list we end up with too much

July 10th, 2013, 07:28 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope the swelling goes down quickly!

Costco is addictive! We get great deals there though!

At work today, heading out in an hour or so and I have a tattoo appointment before I head for home!
July 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Yay for tattoos!!!!!

The swelling has gotten worse! I look like a chimpmunk! Only on the one side though. I was going to go for a run tonight, but I have a feeling that won't be a good idea :/

Cam is really good at amusing himself today and yesterday, but at the same time it makes me sad he's so independant

Jess
July 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
ooo what are you getting? post a pic when you are home, i love tattoos!!!

We had a busy day, we went to the library and the park with a friend and her daughter, the boys will sleep good tonight, they ran for like 3 hours straight!!!

July 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
super hot here !! We are still forage harvesting......for maybe another 2 weeks The kids started swimming lessons this week. This is the 1st time we have not taken them at the cabin. I now get to spend 4 hours at the pool every morning

Thank You tasha_mae

July 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
yikes 4 hours is a long time to be at the pool, its always so hot at ours its just uncomfortable for anyone not actually in the water

so i will probably be pretty MIA for the next little while, i have to send my computer in to be fixed, the screen is like falling off :O thankfully its under warentee (sp?) but it will be a pain to be without it. I will check in on my Ipad but using it for JM is kinda a pain at times

July 10th, 2013, 03:36 PM
4 hours is crazy!

Boo Bree! My screen is falling off too but mine is definitely not under warranty! Hope you can check in from time to time till you get it back! At least its under warranty....I'm looking for a new laptop!

Tomorrow babytime at the library starts up again! For only 5 weeks but will still be fun!

Jess
July 10th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Ya thankfully I won't have to buy a new one, I have horrible luck with computers this is my 3rd one in like 5 years

July 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Spent most of the day in the city today between getting DD2 to daycamp and DD1 having more hearing appointments. Found out she understands and catches even less than we thought. Poor kid I really hope she gets an understanding teacher at her new school.

I've been using tough love all day and it's becoming really draining. DD1 has been refusing to help around the house or do any chores since school let out. We don't do an allowance, but we usually don't think too much about it if she asks for things, we just get them for her. I've offered her an allowance and then she can buy her own stuff but she likes it the way it is. Sorry, on a tangent there. Anyways, since she hasn't been helping when she asked for things today I said no. Then she pouted and went on and on about not getting it. She finally got off of that and asked for something else, cheaper this time but still a treat. I again said no and explained why I was saying no. Well all out tears followed. Seriously she's 9, she's old enough to understand consequences. Being tough is going to kill me though, I'm so used to giving in to her because usually she's a really good kid and after an hour of tears I was ready to cry too. Then she went to my mom's tonight and told her how mean I am.

July 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
*hugs!* Caroline, sometimes being tough about rules is hard!

Here's a picture of my new tattoo I love it! One pink and purple sparrow for each of my girls, and a blue and red one for Rylan..
July 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
This is going to be a long day. By 7:30 this morning I was already sick of hearing "Mommy!" and I haven't been able to stop talking yet. I need a recording "get out of your sister's/brother's room, are you dressed yet, no you can't have that for breakfast, will you please brush your hair and teeth, don't do that, sit down, drink your milk" repeat.

July 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM
love the tattoo!!!

July 11th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I'm not looking forward to that stage Caroline, hope she starts helping out again soon!

Love your tattoo Chantelle!

So we had babytime at the library at 9:45 this morning, meaning he doesn't sleep before (we've tried, doesn't work). Its over by 10:15, and I headed to go pick up his birthday invites - my friend works at M&T Print and did them for us! He fell asleep in the car, so rather than dragging him in since I'll be 5 minutes max, I put all the windows down half way and open the sunroof. The parking lot is EMPTY. I come out, and this guy is parked beside me...did I mention the parking lot that can hold 30ish cars is EMPTY...standing in between our vehicles....again, the parking lot is EMPTY...talking on the phone at the top of his lungs. Seriously, the parking lot is EMPTY. He keeps talking away, I can't get to my car because he has his passenger door open and is looking away from me and I can't get his attention. Of course Cam is awake now...thank goodness he wasn't freaking out or anything. But seriously. Why park right beside the ONLY other vehicle in the ENTIRE parking lot? I wouldn't be annoyed if it was a busy parking lot (obviously) or if he was having a phone conversation a few spaces away. But at high volume right beside my was-sleeping child in an empty parking lot? SUPER ANNOYING. So he went for his afternoon nap at 12...I hope he sleeps till like 2:30...I was hoping to nap!

Jess
July 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
sometimes i wonder what the heck people are thinking!

dh brought me home an old poopy lap top from work to try and "fix" it, yay, its super slow, and has to be plugged in 24/7 but it will do.

July 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I took the two kids who aren't at camp out to my parent's this morning so I could pick beans while they changed the oil in the tractors. I seriously hate picking green beans, yellow beans are fine but the green ones are a pain. Anyways while I was in the garden I saw a big fat monarch caterpillar on the dill, so I got a large pickle jar and some milk weed and we're going to watch it grow. We did this a few years ago and the girls loved it, we raised 4 of them that summer, they all started smaller than this one is now. I know we won't have this guy for long but once I get a set up going maybe we can find a couple more and watch them grow too.

July 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Yay for a temporary laptop!

That sounds neat Caroline!

I got an almost 1.5 hour nap....he slept from 12-3! And nights have started to improve, we have a 6 hour stretch, but its usually 6:30-12:30...but last night it was 9-3!!! Amazing

Jess
July 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
i swear i responded before, JM must have eaten it!

that sounds like so much fun caroline!

im glad Cam slept so well and you got a nap in jess, i am super jealous

July 11th, 2013, 06:12 PM
The nap helped me get to the next time I could take meds for my teeth. Thank goodness! And now I have a black eye to go along with the swelling - it came up today because it definitely wasn't there yesterday! I really hope it goes down soon, we have a family thing with DH's family on Saturday and they always take lots of pictures.

Almost ready for bed here! Hope Cam does ok tonight again!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search