***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 09:03 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I'm watching our caterpillar thinking to myself, hmm, he really doesn't seem to be liking the milkweed like a monarch should. And he has spots not solid stripes, I'm sure a monarch has solid stripes, and I found him on a dill plant that's really unusual. So I stated googling. HaHa! What the girls and I thought was a monarch is a black swallowtail caterpillar. He doesn't eat milkweed, he needs dill, parsley and carrot tops or queen anns lace. Fantastic! Where am I to find enough of that to feed this little bugger without picking all the dill in my mom's garden? I had queen anns lace growing in my garden of weeds when I moved in but it's all been pulled now. Looks like tomorrow I'm on the search for caterpillar food.

July 11th, 2013, 09:33 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Ack! I hope you can find some!

My oldest two headed to PEI to my MIL's camp with her today, they were so excited! The house seemed so quiet with just the youngest two here though!
July 12th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Oh my! I bet it's quiet. I haven't sent more than one to camp at a time,, unless we all go. Although I said for next year I was shipping them all away for a sleepover camp and going to take a vacation for myself. DD2 wasn't so sure of that idea.

Last edited by mccaroline; July 12th, 2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: grammer check
July 12th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope you find some Caroline!

Sounds almost relaxing Chantelle!

I'm getting my hair done today! I think I'm going to change up the colour, I'm still growing out the length. It will go nicely with my puffy face and black eye LOL. I'm still kind of embarrassed to go out in public like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Finally feeling pretty comfortable with all the songs for VBS next week. I can do this!

I went out the farm today to get new food for my caterpillar and I think it's too late. He's firmly attached to the stem of a milkweek looking like a J and not moving. I think he's ready to make his cocoon already. I wish I could find another one because we didn't get to watch this guy for very long as a caterpillar.

Good luck with your hair appointment today. Anyone who questions the way you look, just tell them if they think you look bad they should see the other guy!

July 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Well, didn't go too daring, just added some copper low lights. I love it though!

Cam didn't sleep while I was gone, so I put him down after my dad left and he's been sleeping for almost 40 minutes! Yay!

Its gorgeous out today...nice and warm but without the high humidity we've had lately...only feels like 31!

Jess
July 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM
And I now have 3 Black Swallow tail caterpillars, all at different stages. One is ready to go into his cocoon, one is about an inch long, and one is just an itty bitty little guy. I wish I could find either camera charger so I could charge a camera and take a picture of these guys.

July 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Boo, hope you find the camera charger! Do you have a cell phone with a camera?

Jess
July 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Yes, but it still requires me to find the box of cords so I can plug it into the computer to upload, or find the thingy that makes it go from a micro SD to a regular SD card. I seriously need to finish unpacking but I have no desire to open another box.

July 12th, 2013, 08:27 PM
What is with men? Seriously, I picked, washed, snibbed, seasoned and wrapped the beans for the bbq, pulled, washed, scrapped, seasoned and wrapped the potatoes for the bbq, took out the steaks, thawed and rubbed them for the bbq and set it all out for DH. He puts it on the grill, cooks it and says, he made dinner! This was after he messed up the cook times so we ate the steak first, then the beans and finally the potatoes. I do not understand how all the great chefs are men!

July 13th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Bahahaha, of course that's the way it goes!!!

Attempting a run this morning...hope it doesn't bring on a huge headache as we have a family thing this afternoon.

Jess
July 13th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
bahaha oh man sounds like something my Dh would say!

July 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Glad I'm not the only one with a husband like that. Not sure who's worse, the kids or him some days.

Today apparently we're going to his sister's trailer, the one who won't speak to me. He had to work last night, he has to work tonight, they eat very late so we won't even get to eat supper there, but of course we having to bring something to contribute to the supper. The kids are going to be hungry but will have to wait until we get home to eat since we can't stay and then I'll have tired hungry kids to deal with while he goes to work. He's going to be tired and grumpy himself because he'll have less than 4 hours sleep to do all this and has already stated that "it's not a big deal I'm just going to sit and relax all day" Umm, then who's looking after the kids? Oh yeah, me! I told him I didn't want to go and he could take the kids alone and he already stated he wouldn't do that because then he wouldn't get to relax!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just very frustrated at the moment.

July 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
id be peeved! ((hugs)) i hope your day isnt too bad

July 13th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Ugg, glad today is over. He woke up and had to fight with me before leaving for his sister's trailer. I finally told him forget it I wasn't going and I didn't care what he did. Well I ended up going anyways because DD2 was all upset and didn't want to go with daddy because he never lets them do anything and she really wanted to swim while there so she needed me to come. I sat at the pool all day by myself while the girls swam and he visited with his family.

July 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry you had a crappy day Caroline. Hope tomorrow is better.

1st family gathering of the weekend down. Not too bad, Cam wasn't a monster and charmed everyone. Just drives me nuts that MIL hasn't seen Cam since March, and when DH gave him to her to hold, she held him but completely ignored him and started up a conversation with her dad. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Tomorrow we have another dinner at FIL's. Totally different set of family. We'll see how day 3 of staying up "late" goes...so far so good!

Jess
July 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I hope today is better Caroline i would have been really upset too

July 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I think we killed our largest caterpillar. I thought maybe he was just ready to make his cocoon and that's why he wasn't moving, but I think by the way he's looking that the milkweed that I gave him that fist day may have poisoned him, or made him sick somehow because he didn't make a cocoon and he well, doesn't look alive anymore. I feel so bad! The other two are doing well with the dill and carrot tops.

July 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Ever have to clean up soap? Not fun just in case you're wondering. I had a bottle of DS's vapour bath leak and a bottle of soft soap leak in the box from when I packed them. Since I just got around to that box today it has leaked right through the box as well as all over everything in the box. I spent most of the morning trying to clean it up!

July 14th, 2013, 11:53 AM
That sucks about your catapillar

Cleaning that sucks!!!!

So I tried moving from extra strength Tylenol to regular strength for my mouth. That was not fun. Back to extra strength, I got maybe 4 hours of sleep. Not to mention the neighbours were having a 20th birthday party...imagine 10 or so severely intoxicated 20 year olds breaking into the ''Ole, ole ole ole'' song every 5 minutes or so. Caroline can you relate from your old neighbours? LOL. I'm so glad this happens only every once every 2 months or so. When we turned the lights out on our deck, the birthday boy yelled ''Ok listen up F***'s, they turned their light out, keep the noise down''....that lasted all of 5 minutes. But at least its not often it happens.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search