***July Chat Thread***

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
well atleast he told the F****s to keep it down LOL we have had some neighbours who loved to have parties every weekend, i was so happy when they moved out

July 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Yep sounds just like our old neighbours, only they would turn the music up when we turned out the lights.

I hope you get some sleep tonight Jess.

July 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
our dog broke into the rabbit hutch last night and killed 5 rabbits After Dh got ahold of her I don't think she will be doing that again. Thankfully all the kids rabbits are all ok.

Thank You tasha_mae

July 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Oh No! Poor bunnies.

I'm pretty much ready for VBS tomorrow, I'm starting to get excited. I really do love this week with the kids, we always have so much fun. Although this year I'm not looking forward to the heat that's going to go along with it. Environment Canada has already issued a heat warning for the whole week for our city. I should be sweating away the pounds at that rate, last year I lost 20lbs during the week.

July 14th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, poor bunnies! Hope your dog behaves next time! That sucks!

Yeah, I was thinking yesterday of turning off the AC since the 'feels like' was down to 29...and then I looked at this upcoming week...some days are 41!!!! Going to my parents to swim a few times for sure!

I hope Cam sleeps to let me sleep! Poor little guy was up late 3 nights in a row (like 8-9 lol instead of 6-7), and it doesn't tire him out somehow. I'm headed up soon to read my book!

Visiting a friend tomorrow and swimming at my parents

Good luck tomorrow Caroline!!! Yay for burning lbs, but be safe about it!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 15th, 2013, 04:00 AM
what? how the heck do you loose 20lbs in a week! i need to get that diet

hope you have a fun week caroline, stay safe in the heat!

July 15th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Feels like 34 at 9:30am. Awesome.

Cam was playing with his shape sorter, and I put something through the right hole...and he can fit his hand through and grab it...but not pull it out LOL. He was sooooo mad lol. But I gotta watch him with it that he doesn't hurt his wrist.

Swimming this afternoon thank goodness! I can't wait!

Jess
July 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hot, hot, hot! It's 38 degrees out there right now without humidity!

It's been quite a day here so far! Got up and took the kid to the playground this morning before it got so hot, and stopped on the way out the driveway to get the mail, apparently I parked to close to the box and scraped up the whole side of the van when I pulled out. Went to the park and then the grocery store for a few things, Rylan and Sophia were both holy terrors in there! So we came straight home instead of going to the dollar store. Ry has been incredibly whiney all day so I made him take a nap- he came out four times before finally giving it up and going to sleep. So finally everyone fell asleep (except Alyssa) and I decided to scrub, filled the pail and of course, Hannah woke up *sigh*
July 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM
its hot here too, 39, lovely! But i did get new glasses today, yay they are super cute

July 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Going with mom tonight to get an air conditioner for the main floor, it's too hot!

No diet, just dance for 3 full hours with 150 kid. Do 4-6 songs at a time with a 5 min break in between each session. Do that in 40* temperatures and you loose weight.

July 15th, 2013, 05:14 PM
How was your first day Caroline?

Hope your day improved Chantelle!

We went swimming this morning. My mom gave me her camera so I could get the pictures she took off the camera. I am wading through pictures from MY wedding 3 years ago!!!! They never take things off the camera!

So I was making my chipster chips with my epicure stuff, and my microwave gave out. Done. If it had kept going, it probably would have caught fire, it was so super hot. I hope there's a sale soon! My friend suggested checking out the Target that opens tomorrow....its like 5 min from my house

Jess
July 15th, 2013, 06:33 PM
First day was awesome! I love doing VBS it's just such a high energy fun time. There's a bit of a/c in the room I'm in which is awesome but I was still hot and went through my whole water bottle before the morning was over.

My mom is soooo good to me, she bought me a a/c unit for our main level, its the same as the one we've been using upstairs and love so we should be much more comfortable for the next few days. She said she felt sorry for us in this heat and knew that with the move we didn't have the extra cash right now to get one for ourselves. Then she bought us a new dehumidifier to replace the one that died on the weekend to keep our basement reasonably dry. I'm so spoiled.

July 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm glad VBS is going so well! And hooray for a new a/c!

I hope you can find a good price on a microwave! And I'm jealous about the new Target! Ours isn't opening until fall!

My day did improve a bit, and I decided to work at home tomorrow since there's nothing to go into the office for (and we haven't installed a/c there yet, so it would be ridiculously hot!). I still need to take the kids to the sitter tomorrow and the house is going to seem so oddly quiet without them here!
July 16th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Your mom is awesome!!!!

Yay for a quiet house!

Just visit a friend today, I think we'll go in the wading pool this afternoon, its supposed to feel like 42!

Jess
July 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Too hot! Way too hot. My poor air conditioners are running full time and just making it tolerable in here. I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

Enjoy your quiet day. I'd give anything for one of those right now.

Did you get to your new Target today?

So far today, our clothes line snapped, fixed it, it snapped again, repeat 3 times, now I have to rewash the clothes because they are covered in grass. Our agent called, told us that our house is a disaster, that it looks like we never cleaned it, and if we had taken even one of his suggestions that our house would have sold by now and when I told him he was wrong that we did everything he asked, that we mopped the floors, cleaned the windows and vacuumed all the rugs before we left so if it was a mess what were his clients doing the the place, he told me I was lying and told me I needed a new agent and then hung up on me. The couple that wanted to rent the place have suddenly told us that "it's complicated" and want to meet with us in person. My head hurts. Is it bedtime yet?

July 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I hope you fire him and get a new agent! hes obviously not competent

July 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Holy cow Caroline. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Did you sign a contract with him? I realize it is a relative but we signed with our agent for 90 days. After that, we could drop her if we wanted. Perhaps you can do the same? Its clearly straining family relations. And ITA he is not doing his job. And causing you much stress.

The feels like for tonight? 31 FREAKIN DEGREES! Going for a swim at my parents tomorrow for sure!

I didn't make it to Target, but I think I will tomorrow. I have to deliver some Epicure so have to run out anyways.

I am so excited I made it onto Pregnant Chicken...I just adore her sense of humour. And she's Canadian to top it off.

Jess
July 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
We're done with him. Even DH said he was done with him and it's his uncle! DH actually said he was going to call his mother (our agent is her brother) and complain. Not that it will do us any good. We're going to meet with these rental people and see just how "complicated" it is and then hire another agent if need be.

On the up side, DH and his dad almost have the kids big wooden play set put together!

July 16th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yay for your playset!!!!

I would recommend the agent we used. She was amazing. And I bet she'd come to you as I don't believe you are too far from me. She was truly amazing. She has listings in Meaford and Bamberg even though she is based in Kitchener. I cannot sing her praises enough. She even came like 2 weeks after we moved in with a wall hanging that we have in our kitchen.

Peak Real Estate

Jess
July 17th, 2013, 04:14 AM
its 7 15 am and it feels like 34 already! this is shaping up to be a lovely day

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search