Grandparents

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Share your favourite memory with your grandparents

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 2nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Veteran
Well with my Mom's parents I would love to go berry picking or go fishing with them. There was even times my grandmother let me stay up late with her and watch TV.

As for my Dad's parents, I only got to see my grandmother. My grandfather passed away before I was even born. Though I use to play with my grandmother's couch cushions by piling them up, jumping on them and tumbling over. I also use to help her with her word search puzzles. Those are my best memories with my grandparents.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I spent a lot of time with my grandparents on my mother's side, actually lived with them off and on. My favorite memory with my grandfather was all the times we would go driving in his '56 Bel Air listening to old music. With my grandmother we used to play a lot of board games, and she was always reading to me.

On my Dad's side, they had a camp on the lake and I spent a lot of time there with them over the summer.
July 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only got to know my mom's parents and we were very close. I saw them at least once a week and lived with them all summer while my parents worked. They lived on a full working farm and were a little on the old fashioned side but I loved it.

My grandma used a ringer washer and hung her laundry until the day she moved off the farm and cooked full meat and potato meals complete with a hot dessert every day. As a kid I loved following her around and learning to cook, bake and garden. Even after I was married I would call her at the nursing home with all my cooking or baking questions and she would talk me through it. Whenever mom or I were planting in the garden we'd go get her and park her wheelchair near the garden so she could help point out what grew well next to each other for a great garden each year.

My grandpa was always in the fields or with the horse. He let me follow him around a bit when I got older and taught me to drive a tractor, plow the fields and fix a combine. He always bought me treats when they went to "town" for groceries and since they didn't have TV he would put records on the big old record player to entertain me.

Man I miss those two.

July 7th, 2013, 07:17 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I remember my Grandpa's rough voice and him sitting in his lazy boy. I remember his shoes and him and my Mum always cleaning up together after family get-together meals.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search