Hey nat.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 09:07 AM
mrobinson
So how long were you using the calendar method? What are you thoughts about it? I know it doesn't work for everyone but I'm a little concerned. Maybe I can avoid something and not get pregnant by learning from you?
July 31st, 2006, 10:17 AM
nat81
Uh ,we used it for a month ... We had only been using condoms before and ran out. Soooo I told Jason we should just do the calendar thing until after the wedding. I don't think I did my research really well as all I did was figured out when I'd ovulate and avoid doing the deed until it was safe.
We had 6 days until I was due to O BUT I guess my chart was wrong... I always have a 28 to 29 day cycle so I thought we'd be fine !

Are you using the Calendar Method?
July 31st, 2006, 11:09 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Uh ,we used it for a month ... We had only been using condoms before and ran out. Soooo I told Jason we should just do the calendar thing until after the wedding. I don't think I did my research really well as all I did was figured out when I'd ovulate and avoid doing the deed until it was safe.
We had 6 days until I was due to O BUT I guess my chart was wrong... I always have a 28 to 29 day cycle so I thought we'd be fine !

Are you using the Calendar Method?[/b]
I use condoms because I don't trust the calendar method completely.. I feel I would need a few months of charting to really know but of course there are other variables. I think it's a great science but I don't trust myself enough yet. I know that I've told DH I think I'm not ovulating so if we wanted to go without, I would feel comfortable knowing we wouldn't get pregnant. We've gone without a few times and not gotten pregnant. We just know we really can't do this.. We get regular reminders about it when the bills come in.

(It sucks because I know we realy both want a baby.)
July 31st, 2006, 11:58 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
If either of you want to know how to avoid pregnancy without birth control you should learn about natural family planning. There is a great book, "taking charge of your fertility" and there is a board on here too. You learn how to see signs of ovulation, it really can vary month to month so to assume that you have a set # of days after your period that are "safe" isn't good. You learn how to do cervical checks and check excretions as well and about ovulation pain too. It is really interesting.

July 31st, 2006, 12:06 PM
mrobinson
I suggest that book to everyone.. I just don't trust myself enough!
July 31st, 2006, 04:57 PM
nat81
I think if I REALLY wanted to avoid it, I would have just used condoms or done more research! I honestly didn't think it would happen so fast!
August 1st, 2006, 07:00 AM
mrobinson
We used a condom last night ~ I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating!
August 1st, 2006, 10:16 AM
nat81
Michelle=
August 2nd, 2006, 02:57 PM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
I used fertility friend to chart to get pregnant. I plan on using it to continue natural family planning (and then to try for #2 when we are ready). I have never been very careful with husband (we've been together 7 years) and never got pregnant until we tried (1st month of charting). So I'm thinking that I will do NFP and if it fails and I get pregnant... oh well, it will speed up our plans to add to our family...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search