*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That was exactly my thoughts, and I'm getting a bit flamed for them, and I think its unfairly.

I'll go with my gut And starting the week after next, its just Cam, another 19 month girl who hasn't started yet, and on alternating days an almost 4 year old (he doesn't have all day JK at his school yet, just alternate days)...so the other 2 are going to all day JK and won't be there at all...so the composition of the whole place is changing. There's 3 other locations in the area with at least one opening, so if something else does happen, I have options. Also, DH may end up being home for a while (sorry, I don't want to elaborate at the moment, maybe I will next week...sometimes I wish we had a private area!) so that's also an emergency option.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only you and your DH know your child the best. Try not to worry too much about what other's think. I'm betting most of them haven't been in that situation yet to know how they would truly react.

August 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
One is the one that had the bad experience before that I posted, so I get why she is wary, and the other one is a SAHM. They are both jsut extremely insistent. I'm stepping away from FB and curling my pregnant butt up in bed soon lol.

Jess
August 24th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i can understand why one would think the worst, after the situation you told us about with her DCP, i would be so wary of everyone for long time too. If your daycare had waited until pick up to tell you or had some strange story about the injury id feel differntly too but really it sounds like it was just an accident and those happen. I hope Cam is feeling better this AM!!

August 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
Aww poor little soul. I think you are right in your beliefs Jess. He is a boy and sadly this wont be the last booboo. Hopefully no more accidents like this happen but if they do and they are minor I wouldnt worry too much.

Methinks they will be keeping an extra eye on Cam from now on
August 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
It already looks a hundred times better today. I can't believe how fast they heal! The redness is gone, the puffiness on his eyelid is still there, but its scabbed over and looks like it happened days ago, not just over 24 hours.

And I bet she will have a close eye on him...she already knew he has a thing for her recycling bin on the deck, and other things that aren't toys that he shouldn't be touching...its his thing lol.

It was awesome to spend all day with him today. I am really going to treasure weekends. 3 more days till I start work!

Jess
August 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm glad it's looking better today.

I took some jelly today to the gentleman who gave us the crab apples. He seemed very surprised but happy that I brought him some.

The rest of my day has been spent cleaning. One of my cats has decided that peeing all over the house is more fun than using the litter box. We think its our older cat who is 13 this year so we'll be calling the vet Monday as soon as it opens. Of course this has to happen the day before we're going to have a house full of people for DH's birthday.

August 25th, 2013, 04:48 AM
im glad Cam is healing quickly! kids are awesome like that!!

ewww cat pee! I hope your kitty isnt sick

August 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I have to say I'm a little worried about her. The last time we had a cat do this he was in kidney failure. DH and I have already discussed it, if we caught it early enough and there's something we can do for her we will, if not we are going to let her go. I won't be able to stand seeing her suffer slowly, she's been a good kitty to us for a lot of years and she deserves to go peacefully.

August 25th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Awww, that's sad I hope its something easily fixable. And of course these things happen before having company, its just how it always works.

So...DH FINALLY sanded and primed the bathroom today. Its been 2 weeks ripped apart. The dust from the sanding makes me sneeze and the smell of paint kicks of my nausea so I couldn't just do it instead of him. Now waiting for it to dry, and he'll do the first coat of paint!!!! We took down the light fixture so we can only do things during daylight now, until we finish painting and install the new light.

Ewwww...there was a centipede in the house today. And I didn't get it...it went under the trim on the wall

Jess
August 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I just got JM to load up and the first set of guests pulled into my driveway. I guess it's party time. Wish me luck!

August 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM
have fun!!!

and ewww bugs gross the heck out of me, i hate them

August 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Hope you're having a good time!

So we spilled the beans today to my parents, dressed Cam in his homemade t-shirt...took my mom 5 min before she realized. And she was jumping up and down and is so excited!!!! My dad is excited in his own way too, just more quiet.

And now I'm watching Sons of Anarchy season 5!!!!! It will probably not take us a week to get through the whole season

Jess
August 25th, 2013, 07:27 PM
It went better than I was expecting. We had lots of food, although not a ton of leftovers, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

I'm glad your parents are excited for you!

August 26th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Yay for not lots of leftovers...I still can't look at hamburgers from Cam's birthday.

Last day with Cam! He has his 1 year appointment this afternoon, including getting shots. I als0o have an e-test this afternoon, and have to renew my stickers for my licence plate as well. Busy day!

Jess
August 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM
sounds busy! i hope you are having nicer weather than we are! its been awful and stormy since yesterday around dinner time

August 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Storms all night and morning here. We were going to go swimming at my parents this morning but not in a thunder storm!

So my DH is officially looking for work. Thank goodness it didn't happen sooner. This sucks. He is willing to be based anywhere from Woodstock to Milton. If anyone hears of anything.

Kinda makes it hard to start saving up for #2.

Jess
August 26th, 2013, 10:31 AM
im sorry your dh is out of work right now i keep hearing about people being laid off all over the place! I hope he finds something else soon. What type of work is he hoping to do?

August 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
He's an AZ truck driver. It was 'mutually decided', so he can't even claim EI so I really hope he finds something soon.

So yeah things aren't that great over here so I may be a little quiet.

Jess
August 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM
oh man that sucks! i hope he was offered a nice severance package then! ((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search