*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Nope, and he only had 3 days of vacation left (better than being fired I guess). He's working very hard and has several contacts out so hopefully it won't be long. At least I'm back to work so we can cover our bills.

Cam was a champ getting his shots today! Hopefully he sleeps decently tonight! Tomorrow is my last day before going back to work!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm so sorry Jess. I totally get the feeling having your DH out of work. DH has only been back working for 4 months after being off for 8 months. Our problem was that I didn't have a job either. I hope your DH finds something soon.

I need someone to tell my girls to stop growing. I took them shopping for new shoes for school and both of them have jumped in sizes since the beginning of the summer. DD1 was wearing a size 4 girls and I just bought her a size 8 womans and DD2 was wearing a size 10 kids and is now a size 1 girls!

August 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
wow major growth spurt!!! I need to take my kids shoe shopping for the fall soon

August 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Holy cow growth spurts!!! Not looking forward to those! Cam has size 4 sandals that were too big in May and I'm now exchanging some of his running shoes for fall to size 6! I heard on a radio commercial that Sears has a policy that if they wear out the shoes before they outgrow them, they will replace them for free...I guess that probably doesn't happen very often

First prenatal appointment is tomorrow!!!! This one is with my family doctor. And then I have midwife appointments on the 10th and 18th with two different practices. The one on the 10th, I've had several people recommend, but only have attended their info sessions, not actually used them. The one on the 18th, I know two people that have used them, and both highly recommend them (Angie being one of the Caroline!), but they never answered me at first so that's why I made the other appointment. So I'll go to both and make my decision from there. I'll be 7 weeks 4 days...not sure if they'll find something on the doppler tomorrow!

Jess
August 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
i love that you get choices like that for your MW. We only have one practice here

August 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
I'm glad they finally called you back, Angie loved her MW!

Anyone want my migraine? I woke up with it and I've felt sick all day. I've been able to take enough drugs to keep me functioning so I could be out with the kids, but now I'm dizzy and I'm blaming a combination of the heat and the drugs I've been taking all day.

August 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I hope youre feeling better this AM Caroline!! Finn was a terrible sleeper last night, we co-sleep and he was tossing and turning all night... yawn, im exhausted, im thinking it may be time to sleep in his own space soon

August 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I didn't sleep well all night, just tossed and turned. I am feeling a little better this morning though.

I broke down and turned the air conditioners back on today, it 32 and feels like almost 40 here and its not even noon!

I told the girls they could have a sleepover with a friend this summer and I've been putting it off. So tonight's the night. I'm kinda regretting agreeing to it for tonight since my poor DH is working from 5am to 1pm and going in again at 11pm tonight. I have a bad feeling he won't be able to get much sleep. Tomorrow I'll have to find a place to take all the kids so DH can catch up on his sleep a bit.

August 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
YAY! JM is back.

The sleep over got cancelled tonight. Our friend's kitty died this afternoon and she was just too upset to want to come over. I feel bad for her, it's hard for anyone to loose a pet and this little girl loved her cat so much.

August 27th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Grrr, I responded to this before it went down (like literally minutes before). Yay for JM being back up!

I am back to work in T minus 12 hours... I hope its a relatively easy short week! Cam hasn't had any reactions to his shots and no sleep interruptions (well, no more or less than usual lol). I don't know if I'll have a computer tomorrow (they forgot to order it so put a rush request in, but not sure if I'll have it for tomorrow), so we'll see when I can stop by!

Jess
August 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Oh that will make work fun, what are you supposed to do with no computer? I hope your day goes better than you're expecting.

August 28th, 2013, 05:34 AM
i hope your first day back goes well jess!

I was thinking about putting away our A/C units but then i checked the forcast, its going to be one humid week. I cant handle humid so the a/c stays for now

August 28th, 2013, 06:17 AM
We were thinking of doing the same thing with our A/C, in the morning DH said he was taking them down to the basement, by evening he had the upstairs one running again.

August 28th, 2013, 07:46 AM
i like to get rid of them ASAP, i hate how much power they use but if the weather keeps up like this they will be on still in september.

side note - i cant believe it will be september in a few days! thats crazy

August 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Jumping in here, haven't had much of a chance to read back. Packing today for our 4 day vacation to PEI! We're leaving as soon as DH gets home from work!

The last month or so has been so crazy here, but it looks like things might finally be calming down!
August 28th, 2013, 09:23 AM
have fun on your trip!!

August 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
So I was right, no computer, accessing JM from my phone and it sucks. I am reading up on new products but I can't do ANYTHING without a computer. Crazy how dependant we are on them!

Yay for your trip Chantelle! Hope you have a fantastic time! I would love to visit PEI, my mom's cousins all live there.

About 3.5 hours left of work, time is dragging because I have like nothing to do.

Jess
August 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
sounds like a very boring day Jess!

August 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Longest 8 hours of my life! Hope tomorrow I get my computer but I'm bringing a book since I'm not getting my hopes up.

Cam was SO excited to see me today, it was awesome having him run happily screaming to me.

And he broke his two top teeth either last night or during the day today. Crazy. Didn't even notice it happening...he has a teething necklace and I really do swear it works for him!

Jess
August 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sorry you had such a long day Jess. I hope they get you a computer soon. Yay for Cam cutting his teeth though.

Mom and I finished the rest of the crab apples today. I lost count, but between the 250ml and 500ml jars I think we have at least 60 jars of jelly. Everyone is getting jelly for Christmas this year!

DS's Halloween costume came in today, I found him a Lightning McQueen costume and he loves it! I tried it on him and he screamed when I tried to take it off of him to put it away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search