*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im glad cam was so happy to see you, i bet that makes it all better after a long boring day!

I still have no idea what the kids will be for halloween. I think Will should fit Ross; dino costume from last year so he will wear that. I have a dragon costume in 0-6 months, im not sure if i can squeeze finn in it or not yet. Ross, i have no clue

August 28th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My mom told me Winners has their costumes out already! I have no idea what Cam will be this year. I think we'll go to my parents, and a few neighbours. He doesn't even say mama or dada so I doubt he will attempt to say 'trick or treat' but he'll still be cute lol.

I should have a bit of a belly by then, no idea what I'll be! lol

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sitting here drinking hot coca on the hottest day of the year. I'm hoping the hot milk in it will help me sleep. I've had too many nights with only 3 hours of sleep while all my kids are sleeping for 11+ hours. It's not fair!

August 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Why aren't you sleeping?!

On that note, Cam slept 630-1130, and then 1130-530!!!!! he has NEVER had 2 long stretches in a night. He then never really went back to sleep though, and I didn't go in because he wasn't freaking out and when I went in at 7, he'd totally peed through his pj's I changed him at 11:30!!! It was crazy!

STILL no computer. Sitting here twiddling my thumbs, counting down till lunch....I'd rather be with Cam.

Jess
August 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
yay for sleeping! great job cam

August 29th, 2013, 11:12 AM
YAY for Cam sleeping!! That's awesome! Sorry you still don't have a computer though, I've been there, it makes for extremely long days.

I have no idea why I haven't been sleeping the past few nights, but sleep last night was great!

I have come to a decision. After just having my own kids for the past three months, I've decided that I can't do home day care anymore. I'm looking after one extra kid today to help a neighbour out because her day care provider is away today and tomorrow and I'm going nuts!

August 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
It's sad when I'm counting down the hours until my extra child goes home isn't it? It's been a long day, although likely not as long as yours Jess.

August 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
i think thats pretty normal! i couldnt keep an extra kid all day.

August 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
It shouldn't be normal for me! I've run a home day care for years, I only took the last 3 months off while moving and was planning on setting up again for next month. I'm rethinking that now. I've had as many as 8 kids in my house at one time, including my own and didn't bat an eye, but today I'm ready to loose it.

August 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM
maybe you are out of practice LOL everyone needs a break sometimes, you will know if/when you are ready to start again

August 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Take a break!!!! You deserve it after the last few months of stress!!! I admire those that can take on more than their own kids every day...once and a while, I could do, every day 5 days a week I would find very trying.

I was sent a login and someone had an extra laptop from a co-op student that finished last week...so I have a temporary computer but not access to everything. Slowly getting organized!

Next week should be better

Jess
August 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I got my computer at 2:08 today LOL. My boss's boss called me this morning and said go home at 2pm if I still didn't have it. I knew it would come right after I left so I decided to wait till 3. I'm still getting organized but mostly there! I can check in at lunch now

DH starts a new job on Tuesday...I'm so glad he found something fast!!!!

Jess
August 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM
thats awesome your dh found work for fast!

August 30th, 2013, 04:54 PM
That's awesome!!! I'm so happy your DH got a new job quickly! I'm glad you got a computer too, that will make working so much better.

I was outside with my mom, all three kids, mom's friend and 3 of her grandkids today. I am so tired and sun burnt! I could honestly crawl into bed right now and sleep until morning. Too bad it's not even 7pm yet.

August 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I'm ready for bed too! This whole working thing in addition to everything takes a lot out of me! I am so glad for a 3 day weekend! Thank goodness next week is only 4 days...slowly easing into things.

Its storming here....I love it!!!!!!

Jess
August 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Temperature is quickly dropping here and it looks like it could storm, but nothing yet.

4 more sleeps until school starts!!! Not that I'm excited about sending the girls back or anything.

August 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM
its been raining here all night (well since about 5pm) so dont worry its on the way

We decided we are going to take the kids to the elmvale zoo tomorrow, love that place! its great for smaller kids since it only takes a few hours to see everything. I think Ross will really enjoy it this time, hes really into animals right now

August 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Thunder is just starting to roll in now. Looks like I may have a visitor to my bed tonight. DS and DD2 can sleep through it no problem, but DD1 calls me shaking and crying by the second loud crack every time. I'm just hoping that tonight she's tired enough from being out in the sun all day that she may actually sleep and not notice it.

August 31st, 2013, 12:55 AM
Super Mommy
I cant sleep lately lol 4am and this is the third time ive gotten out of bed.

I guess I shall get one thing off my mind thought, its been bothering me all day.

I know this young lady who is pregnant and drink enough redbull to stop a horse's heart. I understand caffine during pregnancy and how its tough to kick. (I mean if you want a coffee or two by all means!) But she drinks over 4 a day and I shudder to think of how this will effect her baby. Seen her in the grocery store and thought she was buying groceries but her cart was freaking packed with Redbull.

I know i shouldnt judge, but really??!!??
August 31st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Yikes! That's a lot of caffeine! I know I drank a can of coke everyday with my last pregnancy, I tried not to but I was getting migraines without the caffeine. It was better to get a bit of caffeine than take migraine pills. I can't imagine drinking redbull though! Coke made my baby wiggly enough.

Never did get a storm last night. I could see the lightning and hear the thunder in the distance but we didn't get anything more than a bit of rain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search