*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
wow that is a lot! ive never even had a redbull in my life, but just having a pop made my kids nuts!

August 31st, 2013, 05:10 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh my! That is a lot of Redbull!!!! It is recommended to not exceed 200mg of caffeine a day. That is approximately the equivalent of 5 cans of coke, 8 standard sized chocolate bars, or two (new) small coffees from Tim Hortons...just to give an idea...I went insane with research last time because I love coffee...oddly enough, I go off it early in pregnancy....I already can't even stand the smell of it lol. Based on Wikipedia, each regular sized can of Redbull contains 80mg....so she;s drinking about 320mg a day. Within 'normal' limits for a healthy adult (400mg)...but above the recommended limit for pregnant women.

3 more sleeps now Caroline!

Word to the wise...do not travel the 401 on long weekends....a drive that normally takes us 2 hours took 3. And on the way home there was a big accident on the OTHER side of the highway and we were backed up because everyone was rubber necking. Cam did great in the car again...not as good as last time, but still pretty good Not doing that drive again for a while! We went and told my grandparents our news. My Nana said...'You know how you can prevent that, right?'...and I said 'Yup' and she said ok....and then that she was thrilled lol...I think she wanted to make sure we were good about it. Her first two boys (my dad and uncle) are 20 months apart as well, so really she can't say anything. Then off to visit my Papa in the hospital (he was having some lung trouble, but is being released shortly, it was touch and go for a bit though)...he is ECSTATIC. He was like 'I guess I'll have to stick around for that then, eh?' lol. My Grandmother almost fell over she was SOOOOOOO excited. So all in all a good trip

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 31st, 2013, 05:29 PM
i hate weekend traffic! all the cottagers back it up so bad in barrie every weekend

We had a great time at the elmvale zoo, Ross loved feeding all the animals

August 31st, 2013, 06:46 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY! I'm glad your grandparents were happy for you!

It's so much fun to have a zoo where you can feed the animals.

3 more sleeps, 3 more sleeps, 3 more sleeps!!!! I can't wait until school starts, can you tell? Remind me of that in a few weeks when I get sick of making lunches every morning.

August 31st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
LOL, you can't win!

Awww, glad you guys had fun Bree! I need to take Cam somewhere where he can see animals. He has only really been around a few dogs, my mom's cats and our bird.

I am doing laundry and pulled out all my maternity clothes...since I'm starting lower, I made a pile of "Oh heck no" meaning I better not fit into them or I definitely won't (capris in March is a little ambitious lol). I am leaving them in storage. I am definitely going to have to supplement my wardrobe in the winter though. Yay shopping! At least I should be able to make it to the boxing day sales without buying which is awesome.

The bathroom is almost finished! Just need some caulking and trim, and the light and toilet roll holder, hand towel ring and two towel hooks. And then I'm going to keep an eye out for a full length mirror. We are using a tiny wall and putting the two hooks on, and where the towel rack was, I am going to put the full length mirror. I am so excited! I haven't had one since I moved out of my parents!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 31st, 2013, 07:23 PM
What kind of full length mirror are you looking for? I have 2 that we aren't using and I'm coming to your city the week of the 16th to meet up with Angie. They may not fit with they style of your new bathroom, pretty simple just a long mirror with a wooden frame.

I know I can't win, I'm hard to please. I love the routine of the girls being in school, but I get sick of making lunches pretty quickly.

August 31st, 2013, 07:24 PM
3 more days! in a few hours it will be 2 more!!

The animals at the zoo are so used to people they come right up! it was so much fun. You can buy some animal feed there to give to them. Im guessing Elmvale is probably too much of a treck for you, but if you ever do decide to come up let me know if youd like some company!

Here is Ross Feeding an Alpaca today

Ross feeding the giraffe a banana (with a little help from derek)

Will hanging out with the goats, they were his fave part, he couldnt stop smiling the entire time, he loves animals so much. I think he would have stayed there all day if we let him

And for fun, here is Finn today too

(sorry if those pics are huge!)
Jessimaaka and Kelz88 like this.

August 31st, 2013, 07:26 PM
So cute! How much fun is that to feed a giraffe! That's awesome!

September 1st, 2013, 04:41 AM
I know right? like how often do you get to hand feed a giraffe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search