*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Bahahahaha! Honestly, I wouldn't even think BM as an issue until I joined JM

Who knows. We have 36 weeks to decide

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on a spending spree! Just bought my first ever brand new oven. So seriously, who has a money tree I can come pick off of? It's a nice oven though a Kenmore with a glass top and 5 burners, extra large interior, it's even self cleaning. I got it at Sears Outlet so it's a scratch and dent or floor model, but it saved me some buying it that way and I was able to get a nicer one for the same amount of money I had budgeted.

August 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
I want a new oven sooooo bad. We will probably get gas though...DH had a gas one for a while and he hates electric. I've never cooked on gas though. We will do the scratch and dent sales as well, either Sears or the Bay, when the time comes.

Had lunch with my friend who had her baby last week. We had Cam and her little boy dressed in identical outfits and took pictures LOL.

And its thunderstorming out...yet again!

Jess
August 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
I didn't want a new oven! Although I'm quite happy with the features I was able to get on my new one. I'm always nervous buying appliances, there are just so many choices and there are so many different sales and deals that I always feel like I could have got a better deal if I had waited or looked around more or whatever. And what if I buy a lemon, especially with scratch and dents where all sales are final.

August 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
id love a new oven! i want new everything LOL

August 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
I want a new dryer, the one I have we bought when we got married 11 years ago and it still works so there's no need for me to get a new one. My washer died a couple of years ago so I'm on my second new one of those. I've never bought a new fridge, but the one that came with this house is awesome and very new so I can't see myself buying a new one anytime soon.

August 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
we got a new washer and dryer a few years ago, those fancy high efficiency ones, i hate them, if i knew how to re instal the old ones (and i was strong enough to move them) I would

August 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I like my HE washer. I think I'm the only one though, I was talking to another group of moms and everyone in that group hated theirs too. The only thing I've noticed that I really don't like is that if you accidently leave your clothes in there for any period of time before moving them to the dryer they get a funky smell that's hard to get out.

August 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
i just dont think it gets stuff as clean as the top loader does, thats my issue. And i think it smells kinda weird too, like musty

August 2nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Yes! That's the smell, its a funky musty smell. That's the part I like the least. I've found with the use of Borax my clothes are clean, they just smell.

August 2nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
The only appliance we've replaced here so far was the dishwasher...it was original to the house, shook the wall, and would wake me up if I ran it at night LOL. So we got one from the boxing day sales 2 years ago. From Sears! I have no complaints about any of the other appliances, except the burners on the stove from time to time don't work, I have to jiggle them. But we're not in the market for a new stove at this point.

No issues with my washer dryer either! I have a top loader though...and they're maybe 10 years old...I want a front loader when we replace, but now I'm thinking not? lol

Jess
August 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
I've bought 3 dishwashers so far. The first one wasn't new and was just a portable to put in our first house we bought when we got married. Then we replaced the one in the last house we had but it only lasted a few years and the control panel quit so we replaced it again before selling so we could say it came with a working dishwasher.

August 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
And so it has begun. I offered to buy both girls a pair of off brand shoes that were on clearance for school. DD1 happily picked out a pair of shoes off the clearance rack and loves them. DD1 however looked at them and did the "I don't think so mom" thing, she then proceeded to pick out a pair of expensive name brand shoes and tell me that's what she needed for school. Thankfully they were also on clearance, but were a little more than double what I was planning on spending on her.

I didn't get into the wanting name brands until I was in older grades, definitely in highschool, maybe grade 7 and 8 to some extent, but not in grade 4!

August 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
I cannot remember when I started looking at brand names lol. I agree, definitely in high school though.

I did wear a uniform so our one day a month we got to regular clothes was huge haha.

Going for a walk in a leash-free park this afternoon after Cam's nap...there's also a place to swim...Bama will go swimming, not going to let Cam lol.

Jess
August 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'll just jump in again.

I heart my he front load washer and dryer. I never have any issues with the smell, but with 7 of us and older kids (bigger clothes) it gets used a lot.

We went on a 17 day roadtrip, down to Northern Cali and then working our way up the Oregon Coast, then visiting dh's brother and family in Washington and a final family pit-stop in BC. It was awesome!
August 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
That sounds like a great road trip! DH wants to do a road trip to Cali someday, but from Ontario that's one heck of a drive!

My smell issues are getting better since I started leaving the door open when I'm not using it, now I only notice it when I leave my clothes in there for a couple of days. Like when DH starts a load and doesn't tell anyone and I go down 2 days later to do some laundry and find it.

August 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Wow! That sounds like an awesome road trip! Uber jealous!! Hope you had tons of fun!!!! I would love to go on something like that. But same as Caroline, a bit harder from Ontario lol. And somehow doing the Eastern Seaboard wouldn't be the same

Remind me not to go grocery shopping when I'm hungry $178 later....whoops!

Jess
August 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
i hate going grocery shopping hungry, i always buy way too much junk food! Last night i ran to the store to pick up bananas and some garlic bread, came home with chips, pop and ice cream too, i dont know how they jumped in the cart

August 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
I had extras jump in the cart too...chocolate milk, an extra block of cheese, a bag of chips, some potatoes (DH hates potatoes), oh dear lol.

Jess
August 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
how can someone hate potatoes??? they are soo good

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search